[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do the Germans teach WW1 and WW2? How do the British teach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: wha.jpg (132 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
wha.jpg
132 KB, 900x900
How do the Germans teach WW1 and WW2?
How do the British teach the American Revolution?
>>
They tell us about the objective truths written down by our former enemies.
>>
File: rare.jpg (6 KB, 110x177) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
6 KB, 110x177
>>997955
German here

>WW1
The manifestation of Imperialism and chauvinistic Militarism. Mainly caused by Austria-Hungary, Russia and Germany although pretty much every major power could have done more to stop it

>WW2
Hitlers ideology made him wage a war against Poland and later the USSR. There are many factors which lead to his rise like Versailles, the financial crisis and the weak Weimer constitution. And we discuss if there was some sort of collective guilt after the war (not Erbschuld).
>>
>>998724
Interesting, German here too, from which Bundesland are you?
>>
>>998748
NRW
I had Leistungskurs (=intense course) so maybe we digged a bit deeper
>>
>>998756
Yeah same here, was studying in NRW too and they more or less teached the same

I heard they are teaching most subjects differently in all of the Bundesländer
>>
>>997955
>ow do the British teach the American Revolution
why on earth would we learn about the American Revolution?
>>
>>998768
I think he is reffering to the Independence war which was an important part of British history, and was asking how Brits are introduced to this subject
>>
>>998777
actually we dont learn it

we focus heavily on the two world wars plus the interwar period in Russia and Germany, then we also covered the Cold War, English Civil War, Crusades/Arab Conquests, Norman Invasion. Then I chose ancient history later on and covered the late Roman republic, Athens, Sparta and the Peloponnesian War
>>
>>998777
"Important part"... they literally moved troops away from the thirteen colonies to protect their sugar plantations in the Caribbean...
>>
>>998947
With "important part" I mean how them pulling a few troops away gave rise to one of the most powerful nations on Earth today. Do Brits mourn the loss of the colonies?
>>
>>998768
It was the end of the first British empire and caused the Crown to reevaluate their colonial ventures.
>>
>>999093
Meme history there pal. Ever heard of the British Raj?
>>
>>999058

Our empire was bigger ten years after the war than it was ten years before.
>>
I dunno about Britain but in burger land we're taught that the British were baby eating monsters who wanted to enslave and kill us all until the brave founding fathers with the rebel alliance drove out the evil empire
>>
>>999661
That was long after and an example of what I'm talking about with reevaluating their colonial ventures. Colonial charters were now directly under the Crown justification and there was much more oversight in regards to colonial development.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.