[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Metatron? Thought he was going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: metatron.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
metatron.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
What does /his/ think of Metatron?

Thought he was going to be complete shit like Lindybeige, but turns out he's actually an history professor.

Any other decent Youtube history channels out there?
>>
>>996647
>an history

Anyways, fuck metatron, Historia Civilis is back, have you guys noticed? Just putting it out there.
>>
File: 1340507656726.png (2 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1340507656726.png
2 KB, 209x215
>>996647
>Can read ancient egyptian, speak chinese, japanese, latin, italian, english

>I've been trying to learn french for about 2 years and still barely can even grasp it and still suck shit at rolling my R's.

Fuck I hate multilingual people, my ex's sister could speak like 6 languages.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
This is probably the most professional history channel on youtube.
>>
>>996647
Nothing wrong with him, but a bit too generalistic, doesn't go very deep into his subject.
I started looking at his martial arts videos and though there isn't anything blatantly false in what he says, he strikes me as a little bit "too young" in his practices (either western or eastern) to be able to say anything of value that hasn't been said by someone more qualified, as either a HEMA instructor or a kendoka / koryu practitioner, people who will usually have a better understanding of what they are talking about.

So, decent, but nothing grand when you want some precise informations on a subject you are already fairly knowledgeable.
>>
I tried watching his vids but I could smell him through the screen.
He's pretty cringy. I prefer sticking to schola and knyght errant for my historical arms and armor vids.
>>
>>996656
French is the kind of language that's slower to grasp but gets easier and easier as you progress further. So don't worry about it, if you want easy-to-grasp second languages, go for Germanics.
>>
>>996647
I think he's a tiresome villain and that Supernatural should have ended on Season 5.
>>
>>996652
OP might be British; some dialects make the "h" silent, and it does become "an historian"
>>
File: Swordsmen of the British Empire.jpg (80 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Swordsmen of the British Empire.jpg
80 KB, 1920x1080
>>997325
HEY GUYS, MATT EASTON HERE, SCHOLAGLADIATORIA.

Firstly, context.

Secondly, while I won't say it NEVER happened, it would strike me that that use of such a weapon would be retarded.

Cheers.
>>
>>996647
Just found this new channel a few days ago, really nice visuals, and I liked how things are presented, even though some of the videos are a bit too general.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvPXiKxH-eH9xq-80vpgmKQ
>>
>>998429

<insert video clip here, paused after a few seconds>

WHOA WHOA WHOA haha.
>>
>>996647
>he's actually an history professor.

Sauce? I thought he was a language teacher.

In general, I think he's okay. He has some good information, can be pretty detailed, and has the advantage of having several sets of armor for demonstration. But, he's not as entertaining as some other channels. One of his big pluses is that he seems to avoid talking about stuff he doesn't know much about.

If I was more into armor, I'd probably be a bigger fan. But I'm not, so I like Matt Easton - Scholagladiatora more. Cheers, folks.
>>
He's alright but I can't fucking stand his voice.

He's like the complete opposite of Lindybeige, who is usually totally uninformed but I could listen to him gab about anything.
>>
Is Lindybeige really that bad ;-;
>>
>>998493
Not really. His main strength is that he's very entertaining. Other than that, he can be incredibly hit or miss with information. His weakness is that he bases a lot of his arguments on LARPing and guesses, and sounds so confident when speaking that it makes it sound like he's blatantly asserting bullshit as fact. If you don't take him too seriously, he can be fun, and an occasional good source of interesting arguments.
>>
>>996647

I LIKE HIS PERSONALITY, AND HIS VIDEOS, I PARTICULARLY LIKE THAT HE GREETS VIEWERS WITH "HELLO, NOBLE ONES"; HE IS A NOBLE ONE HIMSELF, AND IS AWARE OF IT.
>>
>>996647
Found him looking at videos from the Exanima devs. He helps them every now and then, apparently. Pretty good.
>>
>>996647
I watched his Roman "scutum" video. He is decent but pretty cringey. Maybe it's just me. However, such "cringey" presentation might prove attractive to younger (and non-cynical) audiences.
>>
>>998507
I liked his videos on historical gender roles.

Lindy is kinda biased too. He's so british he shits long bows.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.