[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were they in the right? Were the intolerable acts actually "intolerable"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Were they in the right? Were the intolerable acts actually "intolerable"?
I grew up in the USA so obviously I was told that they were justified but I wonder what the rest of you guys think.
>>
>>995998
Thomas Benjamin here, can confirm it was bullshit.
>>
The truth is there was absolutely zero reason why the colonies should have ever given a shit about what Britain thought other than "they'll wreck out shit if they don't".

Literally as soon that scale started to even out a bit, the revolution started rolling forward.
>>
they were justified because they were eventually victorious, thats all
>>
>>995998
>No representation but taxes up the ass
Well gee, I wonder.
>>
>>996018
This. Britain needs to spend less complaining about how much they should win a war and more time winning it.
>>
>>996041
Meant to quote >>996020
>>
>>996036
>american "historical knowledge"
oh jeez oh man
>>
>>996045
I'm not American, and no representation was a perfectly valid complaint.
>>
>>995998
>muh tea
>>
>>995998
Think of it the other way around. There was no reason why the US should've been a part of Britain.
>>
>>997061
Why didn't Canada and Australia chimp out?
>>
File: 1460898426337.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1460898426337.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
Remember the American revolution was a conservative reaction to protect the vested interests of wealthy large scale slave/land-owners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Economic_Interpretation_of_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States
>>
>>997097
US had about half the population of Britain and a sizeable economy. Canada and Australia didn't.
>>
>>997125
And?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.