[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fuck up the ancient world by causing the collapse of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 19
File: 1417362215239.png (237 KB, 271x421) Image search: [Google]
1417362215239.png
237 KB, 271x421
>Fuck up the ancient world by causing the collapse of the Roman Empire
>Fuck up the Christian world by starting the Reformation
>Fuck up the Christian world even further by starting the 30 Years War
>Fuck up the world by creating Communism
>Fuck up the world by deliberately escalating WW1
>Fuck up the world by starting WW2 and in the process making nationalism a taboo subject forever and plunging the middle-east into even further chaos caused by the Ottoman Empire's collapse following WW1 by creating the nation-state of Israel because "muh holocaust"

Why are Germans so objectively horrible? Is there anything they've done that hasn't resulted in the world being a worse place for it?
>>
Mandatory viewing for every thread about Germans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
File: 1455961289697.png (1 MB, 1000x776) Image search: [Google]
1455961289697.png
1 MB, 1000x776
You know the solution.
>>
>>994761
You forgot about conquering the known world and dominating it ever since.
>>
File: 05Pretzels3.jpg (53 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
05Pretzels3.jpg
53 KB, 600x399
>>994761
>>
>>994783

>Implying Anglo-Saxons are "German"
>>
>>994761
People on the great plains assume characteristics of plain animals, they're like buffalos ready to be herded even over a cliff.
There's no other explanation.

tl;dr: autism
>>
>>994761
>yfw Morgenthau is right
>>
>>994768
While it's pretty objectively right, Germans really pale in comparison to Slavs when it comes to servile instinct. Especially Russians.
>>
>>994789
Yeah, right. They suddenly appeared out of nowhere, I forgot.
>>
>>994787
...alright, they can stay
>>
>>994789
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2005829/Half-Britons-German-blood-geneticists-reveal.html
>>
Gaul was mostly modern day France...
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 235x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 235x337
>Roman empire
It fucked up itself, the Hunns gave it the killing shot. Germans actually revived the Roman empire in some way
>Reformation
The Vatican at that time was corrupt, and the Christian church was already fucked up with the divide of Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism Protestant countries are dominating the Globe as of now and Catholic countries are poor as fuck
>30 years war
We didn't start it, it was doomed to happen after the reformation
>Communism
Letting Lenin go was an act of mercy, there was no way the Germans would've known that he'd be so popular and influencale in Russia
>WW1
Once again it wasn't the Germans that started it, it was the Austrians and Russians there is a telegram to the Russians from Willhelm II. begging them to stop this madness
>WW2 Yeah, Germany did start that one, so that one goes to you
>Israel
The British created and supported Israel, they were also responsible for the fall of the Ottoman empire and the fucked up Africa tier borders you see today
>>
Why does /his/ seem to have such a deep disdain for anything even remotely related to Germany? Is it anti-/pol/ reactionism? Is it because of too many Francophiles? Are people taking the Voltaire meme too seriously?
>>
>>994875
Just some Poles who wouldn't be taken seriously in other forums, since humanities are most often frequented by beta nu-males.
>>
>>994875
I like Germany.
>>
>>994898
>calling boards forums
>>
File: Joachim_Wtewael_Bacchus.jpg (3 MB, 3761x5110) Image search: [Google]
Joachim_Wtewael_Bacchus.jpg
3 MB, 3761x5110
The German is driven by the Blood of Attila that flows in his veins to attempt to destroy western Civilization at any cost.
>>
>>994898
>>994875
>>994819
Guten tag, Hans!
>>
>>994819
>>994875
Dindu nuffin, hans was a good boy.
>>
>>994819
germaboo apologists pls go, your sole argument in this whole thing is DINDU NUFFIN.
>>
>>994922
>>994928
>>994933
Samefag pls go
>>
File: cuckhole.png (24 KB, 801x277) Image search: [Google]
cuckhole.png
24 KB, 801x277
>>994944
>>
>>994922
>>994928
>>994933
t. Polish or British men who've been cucked by Germanics
>>
>>994761
Lotta notable German scientists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_scientists
>>
>>995165
That's Pole-tier. A real German doesn't have to proof his value. He enjoys himself knowing that nothing is coming close to being of such noble descent.
>>
>>994761
Actually the ancient Germanics have descendants all over Europe, and Italians are directly descended from the last barbarians to migrate to Rome.

Would've died out and never gone far if France and Sweden didn't help the Protestants for their own personal gain by dividing the HRE.

Kicked Marx and the Frankfurt School out, this is Britain and America's fault.

Blaming one country for WW1 is a confession of retardation.

>Fuck up the world by starting WW2 and in the process making nationalism a taboo subject forever and plunging the middle-east into even further chaos caused by the Ottoman Empire's collapse following WW1 by creating the nation-state of Israel because "muh holocaust"
WW2 was started by KGB agents in Poland. You can blame the USSR, UK, and US for destroying nationalism, Germany fought to defend it. Israel was also created by the Allies and their world government NATO.
>>
>>994819
>Letting Lenin go was an act of mercy, there was no way the Germans would've known that he'd be so popular and influencale in Russia

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Marx being German.
>>
>>995201
>WW2 was started by KGB agents in Poland.

>the KGB started WW2 before they even existed

They sure were an efficient lot.

Please source..
>>
>>995201

>Blaming one country for WW1 is a confession of retardation.

>Germany literally declared war on Russia 5 DAYS BEFORE AUSTRIA-HUNGARY

Get a load of this Hun
>>
>>994787
This
>>
>>995277
So much bullshit.
>>
>>995319

What's the matter, Hun? Can't handle reality?
>>
>>994761
Though some of this is debatable it is interesting how the Germans are always involved in all the big fuck ups and major world events.
>>
>>994790

>People on the great plains assume characteristics of plain animals, they're like buffalos ready to be herded even over a cliff.
There's no other explanation.

Maybe I'm retarded but could you explain further.
>>
>>996663
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_jump
>A buffalo jump is a cliff formation which Native Americans historically used in order to hunt and kill plains bison in mass quantities.

They just charge head down.

>Buffalo being chased off a cliff as seen and painted by Alfred Jacob Miller in the late 19th-century.
>>
>>994761

>Hey there Barbaroi, we can't afford to make actual Romans join the legion, so you're hired!
>Say, you're pretty good at warfare now that we've trained you up. Now get at the enemies of the Imperator!
>Wow, you sure did a great job protecting the Empire. You're so great, we're gonna let you own some land and give you (some of) the rights of a Roman citizen!
>But don't ever forget you aren't a true Roman you filthy barbarian shit. Now go take care of those hordes of your starving kin hanging out across the river, slaughter 'em if you have to, they're just barbarian scum after all
>H-hey, where are you going with those trained legions of your countrymen?
>>
>>996669
I guess that's nice metaphor for certain human behaviors.
>>
>>994761
A lot of this is GB's fault for trying to keep everyone down. A Europe united under a continental power would have been stable and advanced.
>>
>>994875

because Germany has fucking destroyed Europe every 30-50 years since Bismarck
>>
>>995330
I'm not even German but WW1 is far from just Germany's fault
>>
>>994761

>Basically serve as the basis for what we now call Europe along with the Greeks and Romans
>Give the fat pope the middle finger and say we ain't paying you for nothing anymore
>Be one of the main centers of the development of Western civilisation on all levels
>Spearhead the European integration process creating a strong Europe fit to be a global power
>Be the #1 economy of Europe, basically funding the rest of it

Thank you based German(ic)s. Fuck off OP.
>>
>>997311
buttmad german detected
>>
>>997316
That would be england.
>>
File: Barack-Obama-laughs-at-co-011.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Barack-Obama-laughs-at-co-011.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
>>997405
OH SHIT HE'S SERIOUS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
File: 1456015832780.jpg (114 KB, 1395x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456015832780.jpg
114 KB, 1395x1080
>>997405
>Spearhead the European integration process creating a strong Europe fit to be a global power
>England
>>
>>994768
I just realized that the music is from LoGH.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>994777
DELETE THIS
>>
File: Bait.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>997405
>>
Can we all agree that the English are the shittiest people in western Europe?
>>
File: german life.jpg (133 KB, 500x921) Image search: [Google]
german life.jpg
133 KB, 500x921
Germans have an inferiority complex, just like the Japs did.

That's why they went full retard in the 20th century and tried to convince themselves with silly mythologies and pseudo-history that they were always
That they were the ancient alien astronauts manning the vimana's and shitt.

Germans were surrounded by actual empires which, all of them, had tons of achivements to parade around.
They themselves were just a patchwork of fiefs, even less relevant than the Southern Netherlands ( Belgium ) for most of its history.

Japan was too. It was still holding on to Tang dynasty fashions while China was always the center of Asia and beyond.
Look at a guy like Hideyoshi. As soon as Japan was unified he tried to get China from its 1st place and sent letters around all of Asia demanding Japan be recognized as the supreme power.
Obviously, he got BTFO by Goreans and couldn't even get to China.
And again, as soon as China got in deep shit, Japan couldn't wait to finally get that "center of Asia" dream realized, but got BTFO in the end again.
Just like Germany, which couldn't digest the fact it never was like France, Spain or England.
>>
>>998303
>Germany, which couldn't digest the fact it never was like France, Spain or England.

Why would it want to be? Germany was creating the modern world while those three did nothing but rule over and invade a bunch of spear chucking natives.
>>
File: 1434045974433.gif (1008 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1434045974433.gif
1008 KB, 320x240
>>997316
>>Spearhead the European integration process creating a strong Europe fit to be a global power
>>
>>994761
>create Island of peace and prosperity in the middle east
>make it more chaotic
pick one
>>
>>994819

I think you're pretty much right about everything, with the exception that I personally think the Germans knew what they were doing when they put Lenin on a train back to Russia. It worked, too, in the short run anyway.
>>
File: tyskland.jpg (243 KB, 1052x700) Image search: [Google]
tyskland.jpg
243 KB, 1052x700
Keep on mirin', subhumans.
>>
>>994761

ok sure yeah they sent Lenin into Russia on a train to sabotage the Russians and in the end it worked wonderfully, but that didn't create Communism

the Romans caused this for themselves

there's nothing wrong with this the Christian world was shit and needed it

I don't get what you mean by this. That's the British that escalated WWI. They were the one country that easily could have exited the war with little to no repercussions and were only in the war to prevent Germany from threatening their Empire and top spot on the world stage. Germany and France were fighting for survival, the British were not basically. Nor were the Russians or Ottomans really for that matter.

>Fuck up the world by starting WW2

huge meme, The British and Japanese did this

>Ottoman Empire's collapse following WW1

the British caused this too lmao

>by creating the nation-state of Israel

you know what i'm going to say, and you know for a fact Germany wasn't involved in its creation
>>
>>994768
>Kingdom of Germany
>>
>>997986
There's LoGH, Noir and Advance Wars among others.
>>
>>998303
Better finish cleaning that toilet little Pole, otherwise you'll be forced to move back to Poland.
>>
>>994761
I thought you ment France until the last line since it perfectly fit.
>>
>>994761

The goths weren't german
>>
>>998325
stay buttmad rusboi
>>
>>994875
I like Germany a lot but I also enjoy trolling wehraboos from /pol/
>>
>>995274
but he was a jew
>>
I was a huge germanicboo but now I have seen the truth and realize Germanics are bloodthirsty war mongering colonizing savages.
>>
>>1001872
>implying thats bad
>>
>>999669
France didnt start the 30 YW, the Reformation and neither did they escalate WW1 (they got involved only when Germany attacked them)
>>
>>994768
I'm german and this made my day.

>pure blooded german king

topkek
>>
>>994875
We should tell Hiroyuki to add some flags.
>>
>>1001943
>they got involved only when Germany attacked them
That leaves out how they were allied with Russia and were intent on helping Russia defend its own interests in the Balkans. It's not like they were attacked out of random.
>>
>>994761
>Fuck up the world by creating Capitalism*
>>
>>998490
Netherlands did it better.

sorry you german cuck
>>
>>1003287
But capitalism wasn't created by Germans. It if anywhere, comes from the the English, and that could be disputed. More over, capitalism is responsible for the living standards of the modern world, even Marx admitted that. Communism on the other hand, has killed a lot of people for purely ideology reasons (Even disregarding Stalin and Mao due to magical thinking, Ho Chi Mihn, Cambodia, and other groups exist). So basically, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>998610
>ok sure yeah they sent Lenin into Russia on a train to sabotage the Russians and in the end it worked wonderfully, but that didn't create Communism
Perhaps you can remind me where Marx was from. The fact you know about Lenin, but forget that fact surprises me.

>the Romans caused this for themselves
While I cannot blame Germanic tribes for fleeing from the Huns, I sure as hell can't blame the romans for the Germanics chimping out and burning everything

>there's nothing wrong with this the Christian world was shit and needed it
It "needed" a series of wars that caused millions of deaths and wiped away individual thought in most German states? It "needed" an event that caused the destruction of several small independent German states, and once again killed millions.

>I don't get what you mean by this. That's the British that escalated WWI. They were the one country that easily could have exited the war with little to no repercussions and were only in the war to prevent Germany from threatening their Empire and top spot on the world stage. Germany and France were fighting for survival, the British were not basically. Nor were the Russians or Ottomans really for that matter.
/pol/ack detected. Say whatever you will about the U.K. being dicks, being Jews, whatever the hell you want, but at the end of the day Germany violated Belgium neutrality against a treaty they had signed.

>huge meme, The British and Japanese did this
Hitler invaded poland somehow equals British and Japanese fault?

>the British caused this too lmao
This was Britain and France's fault

>you know what i'm going to say, and you know for a fact Germany wasn't involved in its creation
I also have to technically support this. Germany wasn't a functioning state at the time.
>>
>Hahaha germans are so savage and they literally have no culture n sheeit.
>da germans stole europe from us
>before the germans we ruled the world

Grow up. A lot of the things you accused the germans for are the fault of britain and systemic factors.

Bullshit. Germans revitalized the empire and actually carried on its legacy for a long time.

1. The church was already dissunited before.

2. Have you actually seen catholic countries ? Protestant countries tend to be way more successfull.

Yeah all the foreign powers meddling in the 30 years war are sure germanys fault. Also the 30 years war paved the way for true religious freedom.

Marx was actually kicked out of the country you mong. If it hadn´t been for lenin a similiar ideology would have prevailed in russia.

Getting ridicioulus m8

You imply that ww2 and natsoc wasn´t something the petty entente created the perfect growing conditions for... Also: Accusing germany of all states for israel.

British/polish/french cuck detected.
>>
>>1003985

>Bullshit. Germans revitalized the empire and actually carried on its legacy for a long time.
Do respond to this one must ask what the "Legacy" of the Roman Empire is. Taken in terms of literature, the Romantic countries have this one. Similar trends apply culturally. In terms
of inheriting a governmental system, the U.S. takes the cake here.
>1. The church was already disunited before.
>2. Have you actually seen catholic countries ? Protestant countries tend to be way more successful.
France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Portugal. and Ireland are traditionally Catholic countries. While not perfect there is nothing particularly horrid there. Protestant countries include Germany, the U.K., the scandinavian countries, plus Belgium and the Netherlands. Once again some good names there, but nothing that sets it up as particularly more successful than its Catholic counterparts. At that, the entire southern part of Germany is Catholic.

>Yeah all the foreign powers meddling in the 30 years war are sure germanys fault. Also the 30 years war paved the way for true religious freedom.
I won't disagree that there was a lot of foreign meddling sure, but the war was instigated by Protestants.

>Marx was actually kicked out of the country you mong. If it hadn't been for lenin a similar ideology would have prevailed in russia.
It doesn't matter if he was kicked out of Germany or not, he was still a German thinker, whose ideas came from the lineage of Hegel, a German thinker. Also, the policies put in place by Bismark were extremely socialist.
>Getting ridiculous m8
Germany invaded Belgium and provoked France. Those are inarguable facts, a priori knowledge.

>You imply that ww2 and natsoc wasn´t something the petty entente created the perfect growing conditions for... Also: Accusing germany of all states for israel.
Explain why a similar ideology didn't spring up in Austria or Hungary? Both of which found their empires ruined and in shambles. Same for Turkey.
>>
File: 1453428739945.png (94 KB, 585x438) Image search: [Google]
1453428739945.png
94 KB, 585x438
>>1004044
>Do respond to this one must ask what the "Legacy" of the Roman Empire is. Taken in terms of literature, the Romantic countries have this one. Similar trends apply culturally. In terms
of inheriting a governmental system, the U.S. takes the cake here.

Wrong. The HRE directly continued the roman legacy and ensured the cultural reach the roman culture enjoys today.

>France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Portugal. and Ireland are traditionally Catholic countries. While not perfect there is nothing particularly horrid there. Protestant countries include Germany, the U.K., the scandinavian countries, plus Belgium and the Netherlands. Once again some good names there, but nothing that sets it up as particularly more successful than its Catholic counterparts. At that, the entire southern part of Germany is Catholic.

What caused the modernization of the catholic church ? Protestantism actually forced the catholics to modernize. Also to give Weber some merit: Protestantism caused or at least benefitted the rise of capitalism. Regarding catholicism in germany: Its not only the south thats catholic. Germany simply was the battlefield europe fought its religious schism, you can´t blame germany for having a central position.

> I won't disagree that there was a lot of foreign meddling sure, but the war was instigated by Protestants
Debatable. Also whats so wrong about a new religious tradition. Europe and the west actually benefitted from the schism. The catholic church before the reformation was an obstacle to progress.

>It doesn't matter if he was kicked out of Germany or not, he was still a German thinker, whose ideas came from the lineage of Hegel, a German thinker. Also, the policies put in place by Bismark were extremely socialist.

I take it you are in an anglo-saxon tradition ? The social policies enacted by bismarck proved again and again as the most useful weapons against socialist agitation. 1/2
>>
File: 1459114534553.png (266 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
1459114534553.png
266 KB, 600x597
>>1004044
2/2

Not every social security system is socialist. This policies were actually designed specifically to combat the socialist idea. Educate yourself about the political spectrum and try to use/understand a terminology that isn´t tainted by your political beliefs.

>Germany invaded Belgium and provoked France. Those are inarguable facts, a priori knowledge.
France,Russia and Britain forced Germany in this situation because after bismarcks diplomatic system broke apart they actually worked towards encircling germany. This was due to germany imperialism BUT germany wasn´t more imperilaist than all of the other powers, just late to the table.

>Explain why a similar ideology didn't spring up in Austria or Hungary? Both of which found their empires ruined and in shambles. Same for Turkey.
What world do you live in ? Austria was a fascist state that later happily and with overwhelming support accepted and supported integration into gernany. Hungary was authoritarian, had anti semitic laws way before germany and enacted a deportation of jews so cruel that eichmann was seriously impressed.

Turkey had its own genocide before ww1 ended and was way to fucked up and intellectually rgeressive to born such an influential ideological movement. Also Natsoc simply was a more totalitarian and developed form of fascism that has it roots in southern europe.
>>
>>994806
>dailymail
>legit source
k
>>
>>1001943
France had its own reformation parallely and the other anon already mentioned it, France was part of the political system and if Germany had known they'd have stayed peaceful they wouldn't have attacked.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 234x200
>>994768
Oml my sides

That was fantastic
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.