[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem concerning Christianity i am not quite sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: lugnaro-300.jpg (23 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
lugnaro-300.jpg
23 KB, 300x227
I have a problem concerning Christianity i am not quite sure how handle.
I am confirmated in church and try to go there at least twice a month, though i am not really sure if i can go with it due to my ancestors as i am from Sweden and all.
You know, Christianity didn't come around here untill a bit more than 1000 years ago and didn't make it big untill a bit less. That mean that all those before that ((as long as they weren't traders and/or raiders)) will have gone to hell without having had a chance of hearing about Christ. If luther was right, everyone before Gustavous Wasa about 500 years ago and if Evangelists everyone before me not yet dead. And mostly they weren't bad people, just honest farmers or craftmen.
That thought do deeply trouble me, anyone else who got the same thoughts or know how to handle them?
>>
>>993322
I don't know if it aplies but the catholic view is that those who has not been told about Christ are not guilty of not following him
>>
would you say that christianity has benefited swedish people?
>>
>>993322
Well, the vast majority of people ever born are in hell, so they're probably in good company.
>>
>>993322
Come to think of it, Christianity is a religion that says all your ancestors were filthy savage heathens burning in hell and instead of driving a spear through the anus of the preacher who said it, it makes you kneel before him and say amen to that. Now that's really 1984 kind of cruel.

No worries though. Christianity is soon going away to give place to its younger brother Islam. Sweet dreams.

Nice triple dubs btw.
>>
>>993339
Not OP, but I feel that it does hold back society, but not so much as other religions such as Islam and Hinduism. Much better than nature worship and might making right. It's more empathy than expected from middle east religion.
>>
>>993322
>That mean that all those before that ((as long as they weren't traders and/or raiders)) will have gone to hell without having had a chance of hearing about Christ

No, it's really not for us to say who is and isn't in hell.
>>
>>993339
That's a point i am splittered about, and i would say it's possible to say both yes and no. While Christianity did introduce new laws that did away with things like holmgamg(which is a pretty bad way if you want any justice( and got us closer to the continent it did give us some old testamental laws as well as made us a bit too meek ((though really, we would likely be the same with paganism if and then since we still were rich.)) as mich as i love the legend and sagas i think we really don't know much about our old religion and people just use it to creat their own romantized past before Christianity ruined {insert your ideology here} which i have seen both lefties and rightwingers do.
>>
>>993322
You know what else OP? Not only are your honest farmer ancestors in hell, but that slimy, prurient murderer and adulterer king David isn't. And that only because he is a one of (((God's chosen people))). Crazy, I know, but that's what you're required to believe. Sucks for your honest ancestors. Oh wait, no it doesn't because Christianity is just a load of crap. Grow the fuck out of it!
>>
>>993322
Hell is on earth because we can't stick to ten simple rules. Don't worry about your famalam, they are here with you.
>>
>>993388
You're on /his/, you utter retard. What do you expect coming to a board which blends /tg/, /pol/ and /x/?
>>
>>993411
Shut up you tree-dwelling ape.

But before you do that, what's your point?

>/tg/, /pol/ and /x/?
>>
>>993366
Apart for a lot of all preachers it is.
>>
>>993411
>/tg/, /pol/ and /x/
Uh, you mean /lit/, /int/, and /pol/
>>
>>993419
/tg/ for history, theorycrafting, dumb bullshit, arms and armour
/pol/ for racism, communists, facists, romaboos and political discussion
/x/ for batshit crazy religious/spiritual folks who believe in magic, miracles and the supernatural
>>
>>993445
>/lit/
How dare you.
>>
>>993440
They're wrong, they can't possible know who is in hell.
>>
>>993322
You shouldn't. Luther wasn't right and your Wasa lad just converted for political reasons because England was also protestant.
>>
>>993445
>/lit/
Nobody here actually reads literature.
>>
>>993337
>but the catholic view is that those who has not been told about Christ are not guilty of not following him

I guess that makes it a dick move to tell people?
>>
>>993440
Preachers who proclaim hell and fire are hypocrites that cast the first stone.

>>993322
No. They're not in hell. Honorable pagans, proto-Christians, and all others before Jesus are judged separately. Otherwise Moses and his followers would be hell, and that'd be quite upsetting.

2 Timothy 4:1 - 2

1I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.…

Then again, I'm also a bit of a heretic, I believe Hell is temporary. It's a furnace all souls pass throw, the impurities and corruption burnt off, and the refined soul passing on to heaven. For decent people, it's no more than a warm seat next to a bonfire. For dicks, it's sitting face to face with the fire and feeling the discomfort. For legit evil and cruel people, it's in the fire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meister_Eckhart

So the answer is no. They're not in hell. They were judged on their own.

>>996197
It's kind of inevitable the more people get connected. However, telling people gives them hope and purpose (It's not just one long stint of suffering until it all ends forever) and helps them form a better society (Basic law, and kindness for the community)
>>
>>993322
I honestly hope you are troll. Either way you are cancer.
>>
File: SQ4HQI4.jpg (200 KB, 3200x1600) Image search: [Google]
SQ4HQI4.jpg
200 KB, 3200x1600
>>996225
but according to Dante: Socrates and Aristotle etc. went to hell.
>>
>>996196
>>993460
niggas philosophy used to be on /lit/
>>
>>993322

You know eternal hell is a later invention right? Its wasn't a concept in judaism or early Christianity.
>>
>>999374
Not him but Dante gave his favorite Greek historical figures a castle in hell. It's not a after-life of torture but one of comfort. He wrote for them the best possible after-life they could have without being Christians. Avveroes is also in the castle despite being Muslim. Although the other Muslims and Pagans he dislikes are in the bad parts of hell.

Divine comedy is basically a fanfic.
>>
>>993322
What if they had heard? What then, what would they have done had they heard?
Is that how they are judged?
>>
File: tip it.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tip it.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>993388
upboat
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.