[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Sun Tzu actually exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sun-tzu-05.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sun-tzu-05.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
Did Sun Tzu actually exist?
>>
If fighting is sure to result in victory then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal, because he invented it! And then he perfected it, so that no living person could best him in the ring of honor!
>>
File: image.jpg (806 KB, 1495x965) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806 KB, 1495x965
>>990468
The better question is, did Europeans actually exist?

They actually are just Asians who have become paler because of less sun and indoor work.
>>
>>990477
uuuh.... we?
>>
>>990483
It's a legitimate question.

See the first Europeans came from Southwest Asia, and these groups arrived from South and East Asia.
This is including the massive invasions of Central Asian tribes throughout the 10th-5th century BC.
>>
>>990483
wuz
>>
>>990468
I nicknamed my Chinese boss Sun Tzu.
>>
>>990468
If he didn't exist then who wrote the Bible?
>>
>>990468
No. There are no contemporary accounts of Sun Tzu
>>
File: southwest.png (239 KB, 752x542) Image search: [Google]
southwest.png
239 KB, 752x542
>>990494
>See the first Europeans came from Southwest Asia
>>
He existed but he's certainly passed away by now.
>>
there were two sun "tzu"

sun wu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Tzu

and

sun bin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Bin

for a long time people thought they were one
>>
>>990468
>brings up obvious points about fighting a war that anyone who has studied Military History already knows about
>hurr, what a genius
>>
>>990980
The first book on manners was read by (probably to) every one who wanted to appear noble. Keeping pissing at the table and chewing with your mouth closed while eating was not obvious, just like how bayonet charges against a war with machine guns (plan 14) wasn't obvious.

I think you know this already though.
>>
>>990468
His grandchildren are historical figures so probably yes.
>>
>>990494
With that logic we are all Africans or Asians depending on what origin story you want to believe
>>
>>990980
>prehistory
>some caveman points out the obvious fact that round objects roll better, something that everyone who's studied engineering already knows about
>hurr what a genius
>>
>>990495
asianz
>>
>>990495
gookz
>>
>>990477
>Most people in Yurop were indoors all day becuz they were rich since the beginning of time
shiggy diggy
>>
File: Watch the Backblast Idiot.jpg (149 KB, 879x1200) Image search: [Google]
Watch the Backblast Idiot.jpg
149 KB, 879x1200
>>990980
>Obvious
To who?
>that anyone who has studied Military History already knows about
Newsflash: Art of War wasn't for these people. It was for noobs. Particulary it was for noob statesmen.

Also there were some shit in Ancient Chinese warfare that weren't around in other places at the time. Chief among these was supply depots. Most ancient armies carried their supplies with them in Baggage Trains. Warring States Chinese armies - the ones that got their shit together at least- stockpiled them in separate camps so it doesnt bog down the advance/attacked along with the army.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.