[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q8 i0CYs-CM this is orthod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1454543578382.jpg (161 KB, 395x365) Image search: [Google]
1454543578382.jpg
161 KB, 395x365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q8i0CYs-CM

this is orthodox chrestian music i listen to

but listen! it sounds EASTERN, arabic, muslim even

so who ripped off who?
>>
Considering where the Holy Roman Empire was based, they probably both come from the same Pagan source.
>>
Muslims probably ripped them off, desu, like they did most other things.
>>
>>990467
not hre, byzantiuem

>>990474
ok

i do not mean to offend wih my post, i am genously curious, because it definitely sounds like the sort of music i would exxpect from muslims, but it is greek!
>>
>>990485
And I said what I mean, most of what we consider uniquely Muslim has Byzantine or Persian antecedents.

From the general design of Mosques to the Hijab to the decadent art.
>>
>>990500
I' m not doubtubing muslim ripoff, I am just surprised at how much is consider islamic ori9gin is actually from greek/syaric/persian ancestry, if in this is the case.

Or rather I am interested in where even this nonmuslim tradition originates from.
>>
>>990458
cool nasheed
>>
>>990474
Who's to say it's not the other way around? Just because the Christians were there first, doesn't mean they weren't influenced by the Muslims.
>>
>>991026
Christians being influenced by Muslims looks different, and you can see it in Spain.
>>
>>990523
Orthodox Christians don't use musical instrument in their liturgy.

By definition, chant is a musical genre that only uses the human voice.

Chant is also present in the Western Chruch, in fact the term a cappella comes from Italian and means "in the manner of the chapel" because in a chapel you chant.
>>
>>991036

Actually, Christians in East were probably just as Arabized if not more than those in Spain.
>>
>>990458
The orthodox faith IS eastern. It was eastern before islam existed.
>>
>>991091
seconding this.
>>
>>990458
Reminds me to some sufi congregation song desu.

No wonder. Arabs was barbarian back then, they use greek, syrian, & persian music when they start culturing themselves.

But this song is just sung without anything, I imagine once a monastic tradition grew, this style of singing will popped up.
>>
polyphony is devil music.
>>
>>991214
>Arabs was barbarian back then, they use greek, syrian, & persian music when they start culturing themselves.

The thing is though, unlike other barbarian peoples, the Arabs didn't assimilate into the cultures of the people they conquered as much as the peoples they conquered Arabized themselves, which makes it difficult to know who adopted what from who, because on the one hand we know very little about pre-Islamic Arab culture and on the other we know that Arab language became the language of both the Christians and Muslims of the East.

If we look at the Germanic tribes, they converted to Christianity and embraced Roman-Latin culture. While the Arabs adopted elements of the Persian and Roman cultures, their language became so dominant that most Christians in Egypt, Syria and Persia knew Arabic better than Greek, Latin, Coptic, etc.
>>
>>990458
Old Hebrew chants are simillar to this and be sure they are way older then this
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.