[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Takeda cavalry and Winged Husars clash on the battlefield.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: TakedaVSHussar.jpg (256 KB, 1073x404) Image search: [Google]
TakedaVSHussar.jpg
256 KB, 1073x404
ITT: Takeda cavalry and Winged Husars clash on the battlefield.
>>
>>989748
hussars likely, but it depends on the commanders.
>>
File: Mamluks.jpg (137 KB, 1024x771) Image search: [Google]
Mamluks.jpg
137 KB, 1024x771
Mamluks win.
>>
Best shock cavalry ever on best horses with best weapons and armors with enough firepower to repel cavalry charges who could broke Swedish pike and musket formations crush Turks Janissaries Cossacs and Moskals vs some Gok cavalry who fight another gooks.
I wonder.
>>
>>991063
>t. Lech Walesa
>>
>>989748
The japanese are going to have serious trouble with European cavalry from the high medieval, let alone the hussars.

They can win, but i'd put money of the poles every time, even with a less capable commander.

>>991063
>Best shock cavalry ever on best horses with best weapons and armors with enough firepower to repel cavalry charges

Could you fanboy harder?
>best weapons
Literally none of it is particularly impressive. Sword(s), lance, some have pistols or carbines. Bog fucking standard.
>armor
They have 1/2 to 3/4 (at best) harness of good quality. Nice, far from the "best"
>Best shock cavalry
No, that goes to the gendarmes.

Who are also more heavily armored, with armored horses.

>enough firepower to repel cavalry charges
No, and that didn't happen. They had the lances for a a reason, anon.

It wasn't because they were intended to act as fucking harqubeusiers.

If you're looking for the best heavy cavalry fielded in europe, you look for Bayard and whatever gendarmes he deems fit to follow him.
>>
>>989763
But they lost
>>
>>991131
Hussar sabers are considered to be one of the best weapons of this type.

Ever heard about koncerz?

Ever heard how much did hussar horse cost?

Are trying to tell me that hussar lance was typical?

Go read a book
>>
>>991071
>fucking russians, stop shooting down our planes REEEEE
>>
>>991144
>Hussar sabers are considered to be one of the best weapons of this type.
Only by poles.

>Ever heard about koncerz?
Oh, how special.
It's an estoc.
>Ever heard how much did hussar horse cost?
That's nice. Now show us the evidence that it was the best heavy cavalry horse of the renaissance. Go ahead. Show me.

You can't. There's no evidence. Just typical polish dickwaving.

>Are trying to tell me that hussar lance was typical?
There's nothing special about it. It's a longer great lance.

>Go read a book
Go fix a toilet.
>>
>>991131

Hussars were trained and equipped so well that the Poles couldn't afford them.
>>
>>991063
ottoman jannisaries regularly beat the poles though
>>
>>991189
>the Poles couldn't afford them.
...cock sock and a bag of throwing rocks?
>>
>>991192

>>>/int/
>>
>>991188
No its not estoc
It had different purpouse and was used in a different way even looks different.

Ergo its a fucking different weapon

>There's nothing special about it. It's a longer great lance.
Hussar lance is not just a longer lance. Either you are retarded or you know nothing about this topic.

As for husar "szabla" here are requrements:

When dropped from 2 meters had to pierce 2 mm of iron
Cut trough 0.5 centimeter thick iron bar and still beeing sharp
Hitting oah tree from all sides without weapon being visually damadged

Keep dem goalposts moving!

>That's nice. Now show us the evidence that it was the best heavy cavalry horse of the renaissance. Go ahead. Show me.

Their performance is the evidence faglord

>>991131
Ever heard about battle of hodów? Tell me that they didnt carry a lot of firepower :^)

Stay mad while Ahmed takes your woman :)
>>
>>991331
it had to cut the iron abr 5 times In a row just to be clear
>>
>>991331
>POLAND STRONG
>>
>>991331
>It had different purpose and was used in a different way even looks different.
No, no, and no. It's a long, straight, reinforced, edegeless or nearly edgeless sword for defeating armor. It's the same. Fucking. Thing.

>As for husar "szabla" here are requrements:

Be a saber.

Be indistinguishable in form and use from other sabers in the same region.
>>
>>992799
>sword for defeating armor
Thats wrong
>Be indistinguishable in form and use from other sabers in the same region.
Thats wrong aswell
>>
>>989748
Shit thread inc.
>>
>>992812
Defeating armor is literally the only purpose of the koncerz. You can stab men who lack armor with it, but there were far better weapons for that task.
>>
>>989748
depends where
>>
I thought the Polish butthurt was confined to/int/.
>>
>>992842
No
Koncerz was used to fight pike and spear infantry after lances were broken. Thats why it was up to 160 centimeters long
>>
>>993058
No, it isn't. It is not long enough to make any difference when engaging a spear or pike, and the idea is ludicrous.

If you are close enough to stike a pikeman with one, you're alreayd past the pikes and a sword that can actually cut will work better.

If he has a spear, he's still going to outreach a koncerz.

Standard practice for ANY force of lancers was to simply get fresh lances and charge again.

Post a source for your argument, or go fix toilets.
>>
Caesar would win.
>>
>>991131

Kek. I'm just reading about this guy now.

>leads cavalry charge
>up a mountain
>against a barricade
>barricade defended by phalanx of pikemen
>pikemen flee
>Genoa falls

The absolute madman.
>>
>>993451
Bayard and Marshall are two men who deserve a lot more recognition. Valorous. As. Fuck.
>>
>>993451
I believe he averaged around 1-2 horses killed under him per battle. At Marignano the madman actually stole a friendly Gendarmes helmet because he lost his own and wanted to get back into action.
>>
File: FUCKSPANIARDSGETGLORY.jpg (91 KB, 865x598) Image search: [Google]
FUCKSPANIARDSGETGLORY.jpg
91 KB, 865x598
>>993451
>>993459
>spain
>empire
NOT WHEN THIS FUCKER IS AROUND
>>993465
Hey, what horseman WOULDN'T want to keep charging headlong into swiss armed with pikes?
>>
>>993459

Marshall?
>>
>>993497
Quite possibly the most skilled cavalryman Europe ever produced. Also a capable tactician and very skilled politician.

The name, marshal?

He rose from a no-name knight with no horse, and damaged mail shirt to be Regent of England, and served as marshal for so damn long it became his name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Marshal,_1st_Earl_of_Pembroke
>>
>>993511

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. The guy who's picture should be in the dictionary next to the word "knight".
>>
>>993405
This guy is retarded beyond imagination. You are the one to post source that prooves that hussars picked fragile koncerz while they could use pałasz sword since you are the one that made this statement in the first place

And your asumption that you can always go and just pick another lance like there is no battle around is just sad

Usualy when formation attacks not all of the riders crush their lances on their enemies. So if you dont want to break the formation you take out koncerz and stab with it. And its over 1 and half meter long so you dont have to bend in your saddle and expose yourself to infantry. Unless people in your country fight in rabbles like cavemen you should understand this basic concept
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.