[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Italian State and why is it Modena-Ferrara?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: italian_city_states_1494_lg.jpg (154 KB, 1000x1217) Image search: [Google]
italian_city_states_1494_lg.jpg
154 KB, 1000x1217
What is the best Italian State and why is it Modena-Ferrara?
>>
>>989551
>What is the best Italian State and why is it the Serene Republic of Venice?

Ftfy
>>
>>989551
Fuck me I played so much >EU IV I could tell you which microstate is which without seeing the names on the map.
>>
>>989551
The best state in Italy will always be Venice, I only wish they had killed more Byzantines.
>>
>>989576
>Fuck me I played so much >EU IV I could tell you which microstate is which without seeing the names on the map.
It's pretty fun surprising random foreigners, asking them where they're from, and just casually name dropping the nearest major town or province as if I've traveled around their country and not because I've conquered it hundreds of times from my bedroom.
>>
File: Coutomixto4.jpg (176 KB, 1426x1438) Image search: [Google]
Coutomixto4.jpg
176 KB, 1426x1438
>>989576
>microstate
Italians states weren't Microstates. Nor were they as Glorious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_microstates#Historical_small_territories
>>
>>989551
Kingdom of Naples resident here.

Can confirm through scientific research it is best.
>>
>>989660
Some random fag posted this in another thread. Weirdest shit ever. Best place to live through the Middle Ages?
>>
>>989705
Exempt from Taxes and conscription but pretty much treated like a native in the area? Yeah thats bretty gud.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>989551
>tfw none of those losers went "we wuz romans and shiiet" and conquered the peninsula

Italians are shit
>>
>>989676
Where can I get information about the Kingdom of Naples? I can't find much on it. Mostly I want to know about the aristocracy.
>>
>>989576
>tfw you know most countries better than their natives
>>
>>990374
Didn't work like it does in EU4.
>>
>>990374
>what is Savoy
>>
>>990374
Look up rienzo de cola. Absolute madman in the 14th Century who attempted to do that
>>
Details from en britannica:

>He was the son of a Roman tavern keeper named Lorenzo Gabrini. His father’s Christian name was shortened to Rienzo, and his own name, Nicola, to Cola; hence the Cola di Rienzo by which he is generally known. Young Cola left Rome after his mother’s death c. 1323 to live with an uncle at nearby Anagni. He returned to Rome as a student at the age of 20, and in 1343 he was sent by the city’s government to Pope Clement VI in Avignon to plead the case of the Roman popular party, which had just gained ascendancy. The Pope appointed him notary of the Roman civic treasury, and Cola returned to Rome in 1344. He began to plot a revolution that would return the city to the glory of ancient Rome. On May 20, 1347, he summoned the people to a parliament on the Capitoline Hill. There he announced a series of edicts against the nobles, and to the acclaim of the multitude he assumed dictatorial powers. A few days later he took the ancient title of tribune.

>After declaring reforms of the tax, judicial, and political structure of Rome, Cola conceived the grandiose idea of reestablishing Rome as the capital of a “sacred Italy,” an Italian brotherhood whose mission would be to spread peace and justice to the world. At a conclave held on Aug. 1, 1347, he conferred Roman citizenship on all the cities of Italy and proceeded to prepare for the election of a Roman emperor of Italy the following year.

>The Roman nobles, led by the Orsini and Colonna families, rose against Cola, who repelled their attack on Nov. 20, 1347. But his triumph was short-lived; the populace became disaffected, the aristocrats continued to organize against him, and the Pope issued a bull denouncing him as a criminal, a pagan, and a heretic. A fresh uprising forced his resignation on Dec. 15, 1347, but he took refuge for two years among hermits in the Maiella Mountains of the Abruzzi region.
>>
MILAN
I
L
A
N
>>
>Shitaly
should be fucking sunk to be honest.
>>
>not the Papal State
Shiggy
>>
>>989551
>le papal buffer states against Venice

If only the pope stayed at avignon
>>
>>990374
Avanti Savoia
>>
>>990672
T R I B U N E O F T H E R O M A N P E O P L E

Also; it's Cola di Rienzo m8
>>
That's not Campania
>>
>not the Hohenstaufen Kingdom of Southern Italy
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.