[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone provide an example of a society where the social order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Karl_Marx.jpg (637 KB, 1280x1500) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx.jpg
637 KB, 1280x1500
Can anyone provide an example of a society where the social order was not established through violence? It seems to me that they are all established by violent struggle.
>>
>America is formed
>people get upset that they're getting fucked over by an elite class (heyyyyy Marx :-])
>government crushes them
>"the rich people dindu nuffin"
>>
probably some place like Switzerland or some Scandinavian countries.
>>
>>989435

Confirmed to know nothing about either of these places
>>
>>989435
>Switzerland or some Scandinavian countries
>not established through violence
All of Europe if not the world was to my knowledge.

t. charles the mange
>>
>>989286
>violence
No lad the word you're looking for is conquest
>>
>>989482

Not all violence is conquest, but all conquest is violence.
>>
>>989515
this
>>
>>989286
Impossible
>>
>>989286
order is formed through violence senpai
>>
>>989286
Settler Iceland was pretty mellow, as viking zones go
>>
>>989286
Savages are lazy as fuck people. You need to force them to work if you want to get anything done, let alone form a society. But as society progressed there came up more subtle forms of violence and then finally letting the lazy bastards in on some of the profits.
>>
File: ziz.jpg (12 KB, 278x206) Image search: [Google]
ziz.jpg
12 KB, 278x206
>>989286
no
>>
File: scout x3.png (485 KB, 482x615) Image search: [Google]
scout x3.png
485 KB, 482x615
>>989435
>Scandinavian country
>Social order not established through violence

Topp nivÄ av keks min herre
>>
>>993224
Read Njal's Saga you idiotic prick.
>>
>>989435
Switzerland was literally a Balkan-tier shithole that had a coup and a civil war every even year until the mid 1850s.
>>
>>993240
So profit participation is as fair as it gets, considering workers contributed nothing aside from labor and would contribute nothing if not forced in one way or another.
>>
If there is ten peaceful tribes and one violent tribe living around the same area, the ten peaceful tribes won't live to tell the tale and the violent one will get to write the history (or myth) of the land. Hence why I think we will never hear about a peaceful society. Because they all got cucked somewhere down the line.
>>
File: 14479552188782.png (266 KB, 960x629) Image search: [Google]
14479552188782.png
266 KB, 960x629
>>993249
There were radicals who wanted revolution and to murder and kill for a new societal structure, but it never came into open conflict.
>>
>>989286
The Acadians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadians
>>
Fact: every society ever has been built from violence. There's always someone at the top who had to fight their way to get there.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.