[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1437955726566.jpg (39 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
1437955726566.jpg
39 KB, 600x489
Okay faggots, can we get a metaphysics thread going?

I really wanna understand how reality works. And don't give me those pleb tier Plato cave or Kantian thing-in-itself bullshit. Where do I start with advanced metaphysics? Give me some theories that'll fundamentally change my world view.
>>
>>989143
do you understand physics already?
>>
Read the Timaeus
Metaphysics is an effort to salvage Platonic ideals in almost every case
>>
>>989150
Well nobody truly understands physics. But I know something about QM and GR, if that's your question.
>>
>>989155
That doesn't seem to be the question.
>>
>>989143

Truth be told to get at anything decent you are going to read actual papers and books. Comments on 4chan won't take you very far. So my suggestion would be to pick out a topic in metaphysics, check the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy for your instruction, and for authors you want to look into on that topic.
>>
> history and humanities
> reality
>>
>>989665
Well, they did say it's also for philosophy...
>>
Why do you want to fundamentally change your world view?

Is it obviously wrong?
>>
>he needs texts about reality to concieve reality
Nigger you don't need nothing but a functional mind and your senses to know about reality.

Basically it's the sum of all your perceptions plus thought process/interpretation.
>>
>>989143
Nothing can be proven, you just have to chose whichever unlikely theory you like the best
>>
>>991669
> muh can't know nuthin
> I'm so jagged, you should be jagged too
> there are only ways of looking at things, but no truthes
>>
>>989143
First, think about your own consciousness.
Once you awaken, I'll tell you the next step.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.