[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best books spanning the entirety of human history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1460597281417.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1460597281417.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
What are the best books spanning the entirety of human history or large parts of it?

I want to go through a book like that and then choose a particular period or point of interest to look at in more depth in a separate book.
>>
>>989045
The Bible
>>
>>989048
First post Best post
>>
>>989048

Faggot
>>
>>989088
Projecting harder than an IMAX theater.
>>
>>989048
not even a christian, but I have to agree. that crazy shit is extremely entertaining
>>
>>989048
OP didn't ask for fiction books.
>>
>>989094
unoriginal faggot
>>
>>989048

>wants history books
>suggests fiction
>>
Is anyone actually gonna answer OP's question or are you guys gonna keep letting yourself get baited?
>>
>>989045
I would recommend that you just find a big-ass physical Encyclopedia and skip around different civilizations, regions, people, writers, etc. and after you finish one just skip to a related article until you find a region that's especially interesting to you.

The classic "best" books people would recommend like Durant's 11-volume work aren't the best to start out in if you don't already consume vast amounts of literature, and a lot of shorter books claiming to cover all of history are trashy and dumb

I'd say start somewhere and put together the pieces as you go along.
>>
>>989132

Dazzled by OC.
>>
>>989172
The bible is literally a history book from the first two people to the end of the human race.
>>
I bought one, I can't remember what it was called but its good as a starting point for entire eras I don't know much about. Can't rely on it having indepth info and some entire parts of history aren't mentioned in it.
>>
1493 Charles Mann
>>
>>989228
What is the best big ass encyclopedia to buy then?
>>
>>989048
>innacurate
>ends with the romans
>bunch of fairytales intermixed
>>
>>989254
Kek
>>
>>991687
just go to a library man
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.