[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is regionalism strong in Germany because of the mess that was the HRE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Is regionalism strong in Germany because of the mess that was the HRE?
>>
Yes. Sectionalism is a big part of German culture. The same thing is true with Italy.
>inb4 "bcuz they were cucked after World War II xD"
It's true in neutral Switzerland as well.
>>
>>1158565
No, there is just a lot of cultural differences in germany, religion, language. History does of course play a large part in it as well, but it isnt just because the HRE looked like a childrens puzzle
>>
Where's Voltaire?

I think the division of Germany between West and East after WW2 probably made a difference too, though there's been a fairly long history of Germany division.

I mean with any country that had periods of division you can kind of see similar things. Southern Chinese have different language patterns, culture, customs and products than Northern Chinese. Britain has that whole English, Welsh, Irish and Scots thing going on, and even lesser shit like Manx is making a comeback. The South (by which I mean the Southeast) US still sort of has a culture distinct from the rest of the US.
>>
>>1158565
HRE was a mess, because of the regionalism. Due to the different tribes and very different dialects it were difficult to unify the people.
>>
>>1158565
We have very strong regionalism going on to the point that people fail to formulate german culture if you'd ask them because they only could define it with foreign stereotypes while being eloquent and giving you a detailed idea of their culture if asked about their city or subregion.

Americanisation is smoothing it out a rapid speed and world war too was a heavy blow too, because of addys centralisation measures and the intermixing of local cultures with east-german refugees who did not share them.
>>
* but its still notable, espeacially on the countryside were the dialects are quiet different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUOeYcG0WyQ
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.