[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /his/ redpill me on sexual promiscuity before the modern era?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Can /his/ redpill me on sexual promiscuity before the modern era?
>>
Can you fuck off with this "redpill" shit?
>>
Way too broad a topic to say much in general. People have always been fucking a lot. Some places and times more than others. The modern era is not at either extreme.
>>
File: 1455234098925.jpg (344 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1455234098925.jpg
344 KB, 1000x666
>>1134537
Sexual promiscuity...for whom? Like, everyone? Literally every single one of your descendants had a juicy rod in them in some point if that's what you mean.

Does being raped and such count as promiscuous? Or rather, does raping count? Could veteran soldiers who'd spent their years pillaging and raping through central Europe be considered promiscuous?

The Victorians were notorious for being very sexually repressed outwardly, and complete animals in private. The slums of Paris were well known for being intensely hedonistic etc.

Really I don't think it has changed for most people at all throughout much of history: most plebians find a wife after a short childhood of plowing the local sows, bonk her and possibly have some extra-marital activities and die a mediocre man.

also stop saying redpill its stupid.
>>
>>1134619

One should also probably consider actual versus formal attitudes towards sex. Assuming you're interested in Europe, Christianity was explicitly against polygamy and adultery and gave great value to maidenhood. However it was probably more likely that most peasants didn't spare it much thought and were open with their sexuality. Unless you were a faggot of course.

Pre-christianity I'm sure they had orgies or something in the woods. And the Romans had lots of orgies too. I think the stupid priests just ruined it for everyone really.
>>
>>1134537
There always have been promiscuity, do not fall for women's rants
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.