[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RECESSION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
What the president does in a recession ?
> In terms of economic and political
> I need an example in history / how has been taken ? /
SORRY FOR MY FUCKING ENGLISH
BUT I JUST WANNA TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT DUDES
>>
File: p_flashback_fdr_140606.jpg (1 MB, 2566x1443) Image search: [Google]
p_flashback_fdr_140606.jpg
1 MB, 2566x1443
>>1132846
The most iconic recession in American history was The Great Depression (1929-1939) that occurred in conjunction with series of unfortunate global economic disasters that in turn was a result of the Allie's mismanagement in the aftermath of WWI.

FDR, whose presidential term started in 1933, had an economic plan called the New Deal which entailed several governmental programs and agencies that are still in use today (ie. Social Security, SEC). The extent of the New Deal's helpfulness in combating The Great Depression is still discussed by historians, students, and angry people posting on anime image boards today.

You can read more on this website I googled about the New Deal:
http://www.history.com/topics/new-deal
>>
The government has to spend it's way out of a recession and hope that the cycle will right itself in time to manage the debt incurred.
>>
>>1134918

And it was a fucking disaster

The government turned an ordinary recession into the great depression. What finally bailed us out was world War 2
>>
>>1135113
Do you have down syndrome or is being a retarded a meme now?
>>
>>1135907
krugman pls
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.