[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LET THE DISCUSSIONS COMMENC No, but seriously, this has got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Genie_immediately_after_rescue.jpg (29 KB, 256x377) Image search: [Google]
Genie_immediately_after_rescue.jpg
29 KB, 256x377
LET THE DISCUSSIONS COMMENC

No, but seriously, this has got to be the most fucked up little girl that I've read about in a while. And she's ridiculously interesting from an academic perspective.
>>
>>986843
Isn't she in California somewhere?

But seriously, this is one fucked up story. She has one chance at life and this happens to her.
>>
>>986849

Supposedly she's in a home for the mentally retarded. That must be an awesome life, going through all that crap for thirteen years only to discover that you'll be spending the rest of your life in the company if literal mental retardation.
>>
>>986863
I guess it is better than what she had previously
>>
>>986843
Who????
>>
>>986886

>2016 ANNO DOMINI
>being this pleb

Google genie you retard.
>>
File: 1409013457194.jpg (58 KB, 630x460) Image search: [Google]
1409013457194.jpg
58 KB, 630x460
>Doctors wrote that she acted on impulse irrespective of the setting, especially noting that she frequently engaged in open masturbation and would sometimes attempt to involve older men in it
>>
>>986929

Don't tell me that you've never seen a cat or dog lick their dicks. It's natural
>>
>>986955
they're not masturbating when they do that, it's how they clean themselves
>>
>>986843

Her dad is at least twice as fucked up.

And while from an ethical perspective, the scientists were wrong to see her as a test subject, they actually did more good than her biological dad.

It is probably one of the few cases where the ethcial implications of what the scientists did were simply overridden by the basic fact that being a test subject was indeed much better than her former life.
>>
>>986843
I watched her documentary a few times and I felt really heartbroken every time. There's really something about her that makes you wish you could've saved her.

Interestingly, when she was older and learned to speak to some extent, she recalled memories of her father. This disapproved the theory that people start being able to have memories when they first start learning how to speak
>>
>>986929
hot.
>>
File: 1459029067494.png (6 KB, 366x286) Image search: [Google]
1459029067494.png
6 KB, 366x286
>>986843
>>
>>986863
it's not like she came out of that situation a fully functional and intellectually capable person. It' likely the place she'll do best.
>>
>>987243
What, people haven't thought of the obvious reason that theory is retarded? The fact that mute people have memories? The shit people will think up, I swear, it's like those kids who think cats' memories are stored in their whiskers.
>>
Daddy issues, the thread.
>>
>>988198
Mute people don't disprove the theory, really. They "know" how to speak, they just physically can't. As in, they understand language fully, they just can't talk themselves.
>>
>>987649
Anon, I...
>>
>>986973
>animals have clear intentions
>>
>>988538

This is already asylum-issues
>>
>>986989
Yeah while I was reading her history I found her dad a lot more interesting. Shame he killed himself before he opened up to a psych.
>>
File: iwf.jpg (30 KB, 542x616) Image search: [Google]
iwf.jpg
30 KB, 542x616
>>986843
>>
File: bawww.jpg (14 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
bawww.jpg
14 KB, 500x259
>>986843
I just want to hold her in my arms and kiss her in her cheeks, /his/.
>>
>>986843
Her story is actually really depressing desu familia
>>
Feral children are interesting when it comes to studying the process of obtaining a language during childhood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_deprivation_experiments

This one is my favorite, really makes you think

>An alleged experiment carried out by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II in the 13th century saw young infants raised without human interaction in an attempt to determine if there was a natural language that they might demonstrate once their voices matured. It is claimed he was seeking to discover what language would have been imparted unto Adam and Eve by God.

>The experiments were recorded by the monk Salimbene di Adam in his Chronicles, who wrote that Frederick encouraged "foster-mothers and nurses to suckle and bathe and wash the children, but in no ways to prattle or speak with them; for he would have learnt whether they would speak the Hebrew language (which he took to have been the first), or Greek, or Latin, or Arabic, or perchance the tongue of their parents of whom they had been born. But he laboured in vain, for the children could not live without clappings of the hands, and gestures, and gladness of countenance, and blandishments."[5]

>>990738
well she's 60 years old now so go ahead i guess
>>
>>986989
make a note, any anons whose wives have just had boys: give them a MASCULINE name. just in case.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.