[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't see how the Jehovah's Witnesses see themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: Elegant_Narratives_1.jpg (24 KB, 303x480) Image search: [Google]
Elegant_Narratives_1.jpg
24 KB, 303x480
I can't see how the Jehovah's Witnesses see themselves as an inspired religion when they have doctrinal changes every year. Back in the 1920s they were Zionist, now they're not. I also don't like that they re-write the Bible to serve their own purposes. (They use their own Bibles, right?)
>>
>>1156201
>Faggotardianity is inspired
>it didn't have doctrinal changes every year or so in the first centuries until it became embarassing and divisive and the emperor had to intervene
>>
File: Jehovah.png (118 KB, 895x327) Image search: [Google]
Jehovah.png
118 KB, 895x327
>>1156201
Their own Bible destroys their false religion:

>O Jehovah, hear my prayer; Let my cry for help reach you.
Psalm 102:1

>I said: “O my God, Do not do away with me in the middle of my life, You whose years span all generations. Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth, And the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; Just like a garment they will all wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will pass away. But you are the same, and your years will never end.
Psalm 102:24-27
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/psalms/102/

>Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power. And after he had made a purification for our sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
Hebrews 1:1-3

>But about the Son, he says: “God is your throne forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness. You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.” And: “At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; and just like a garment, they will all wear out, and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as a garment, and they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will never come to an end.”
Hebrews 1:8-12
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/hebrews/1/

Gee, I wonder why in Hebrews 1 they didn't render ''O Lord'' as ''O Jehovah'' like they always do...because this passage is about Jesus Christ!
>>
File: jesus-walks-on-water-1888.jpg (188 KB, 1200x1568) Image search: [Google]
jesus-walks-on-water-1888.jpg
188 KB, 1200x1568
>>1156209
Hebrews 1:8-12 and Psalm 102:25-27 are about the attributes of "Jehovah": His Eternity, His Immutability and His Creation of the Heavens and the Earth. Only "Jehovah" has those attributes and since they are explicitly applied to Jesus, in the JW's own Bible, it is undeniable that Jesus is "Jehovah", the Eternal God.

Father = "Jehovah"
Son = "Jehovah"
Holy Spirit = "Jehovah"

JW's own "Aid to Bible Understanding" book admits on pages 884-885 that the spelling of "Jehovah" originated with a Catholic monk named Raymundus Martini in the 13th century. On page, 887, they admit that there is absolutely no evidence that any of the New Testament writers ever used YHWH in their writings.
>>
>>1156211
Why don't they believe in the Trinity then? WTF?
>>
>>1156231
Because they are apostates.
>>
>>1156231
Because thats what we real (Arian) Chhristians do.
>>
File: 1400960441727.jpg (97 KB, 475x699) Image search: [Google]
1400960441727.jpg
97 KB, 475x699
>>1156253
>heretics
>real Christians
>>
>>1156260
God sent the Muslims at you for persecuting that "heresy"
>>
>>1156201
Bit like talmudic jews
>>
>>1156274
Talmuid Jews?
>>
>>1156277
Yeah change the law to suit themselves
>>
>>1156201
>They use their own Bibles, right?
Practically everyone does, look up the deuterocanonical books
>>
File: The Great Demonic Deception.jpg (549 KB, 1200x903) Image search: [Google]
The Great Demonic Deception.jpg
549 KB, 1200x903
>>1156263
>God sent the Muslims
Muhammad was actually visited by a false angel of light, it was a demon, a fallen angel of deception. Satan and his workers are great mimickers and Muhammad, deceived, established a demonic cult of Allah (false-God) called Islam (meaning voluntary submission to this false-God, i.e. Satan) which he spread like wildfire by the sword convinced that it was the last revelation of God Almighty.

Islam is none other than Satan's magnum opus, which now has 1.6 billion adherents (23% of the world population) and which will probably be followed by half of the world population by 2050.

>For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
>>
File: The Failed Demonic Deception.jpg (61 KB, 740x450) Image search: [Google]
The Failed Demonic Deception.jpg
61 KB, 740x450
>>1156263
>>1156402
Muhammad was a gluttonous wealthy slave owner, an adulterer, a child-molesting pedophile, a murderer, a liar, he encouraged theft, rape, torture and the list goes on. He was the pawn of Satan and is now in Hell.

>Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
Matthew 7:15-20

Jesus is the Christ prophesied in scripture, born of God, undeceivable.
>>
>>1156402
>>1156409

I'm weak enough to become enraged every single time I see this stupid shitposter posting this idiotic copypasta. I can't browse /his/ anymore. Goodbye, friends.
>>
>>1156681
Why not use a filter?
>>
>>1156697
Mobile.
>>
>>1156681
What's so idiotic about is, Kaffir?
>>
>>1156707
Pleb
>>
>>1156681
>enraged
Abd Al-Makir detected.

Simply reject Satan and accept God.

It's that simple.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 252x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 252x346
>>1156201
They don't believe in the Trinity. That makes them and the Unitarians the only Monotheistic Christian Religions.

New World Translation (c) 1961, 1984, 2013 - 208,000,000 copies.
>>
>>1156681
>enraged

Mahmut pls.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.