[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that the Protestant Reformation was a capitalist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Can we all agree that the Protestant Reformation was a capitalist plot to destroy Christian morality?

pic related
>>
>>1153684
No, but we can all agree that the Protestant reformation is the biggest heresy outside of Orthodoxy being a bitch.
>>
File: 1463413984331.png (258 KB, 471x598) Image search: [Google]
1463413984331.png
258 KB, 471x598
Yes.

>"Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tells us. Was not everybody about Him saying: ‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died."

t. Martin Luther

>"If your papist annoys you with that word (i.e. alone), tell him straightaway: Doctor Martin Luther will have it so: Papists and asses are one and the same thing. Whoever will not have my translation, let him give it the go-by: the devil's thanks to him who censures it without my will and knowledge. LUTHER WILL HAVE IT SO, AND HE IS A DOCTOR ABOVE ALL THE DOCTORS IN POPEDOM."

Amicable Discussions, I, 127, ‘The Facts About Luther’, O’Hare, Tan Books (1987), p201
>>
>>1153684
>being closer to god is a plot against morality
And paying money to get to heaven is perfectly moral, right?
>>
>>1153922
Yes, if the Pope says so. The indulgences were needed to build St Peter basilica faggot
>>
>>1153922
>>1153969
That's not how indulgences work.

Plus if you actually look up all the different kinds, there's a shitton of indulgences which you can get done in about a week for free.
>>
No.

Yet both Carholics and Protestants have sordid histories and let terrible things happen.

The Catholics have several debauched, corrupt Popes, a history of using religion to bully kings, and let the Knights Templar get disbanded and slaughtered because that particular Pope was a French fuccboi. Not to mention what based Francis said about the Mafia using Vatican banking for money laundering.

Meanwhile the Protestants had a few bloody wars, German Protestants let fucking Hitler into power and commit the Holocaust (with a few exceptions, the White Rose movement and Dietrich Boenhoffer, for example), American Christianity is a shithole, and Singaporean Christianity promotes servility to a political party and let a crazy Christian cult that preaches hate and literally thinks the KJV is the only Bible that exists for parish exist.
>>
>>1154018
>that particular Pope was a French fuccboi

You mean all of them? Yet the Habsburg defenders of catholicism sacked Rome because catholic meaning papist is a protestant meme.
>>
>>1153684
No but it did contribute to Christianity's decline.
>>
>>1154018
>The German Centre Party (German: Deutsche Zentrumspartei or just Zentrum) is a lay Catholic political party in Germany during the Kaiserreich and the Weimar Republic.

> Its support for the Nazi Party was decisive in the passage of the Enabling Act, whereby Adolf Hitler assumed dictatorial powers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_Party_(Germany)
>>
>>1153684
No
It's coming. It's gonna get ya. Hallowe'en 2017. 500 years people. Gonna be a party and the Catholics won't be invited.
>>
File: 1460430542213.jpg (219 KB, 1026x548) Image search: [Google]
1460430542213.jpg
219 KB, 1026x548
yes protetants are splitters
>>
>>1153684
No, but it definitely paved the way for the development of capitalism.

Plus the Reformation was one of the largest looting operations in history, all that Church property, all because the aristocrats were being paid and bushels of grain and not gold.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.