[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did modern greece claimed alexander? isnt he macedonians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
why did modern greece claimed alexander? isnt he macedonians?
>>
I thought he is macedonians, of sure
>>
Ancient Greece was not a political entity, it was roughly defined group of city states with a common culture. Macedonia was a kingdom in ancient Greece. Neither it nor ancient Greece exist anymore, obviously, so really nobody can "claim" him. The modern nations of Greece and Macedonia just happen to occupy roughly the same land.
>>
>>984400
>Macedonia was a kingdom in ancient Greece
Macedonia was not in Greece, it is its own kingdom. And Macedonia still exists.
>>
>>984400
Modern Macedonia ≠ Alexander's Macedonia.
Alexander's Macedonia is located in today's Greece.
>>
>>984443
That's wrong though. Pella is in Greece. Modern "Macedonians" are unrelated Slavs.
>>
>>984451
>>984469
my bad

do modern macedonians believe they wuz conquestors and shit
>>
>>984443

Do you have a learning disability?
>>
>>984474
From what I've heard yet but my only sources were anons claiming to live in the FYROM.
>>
WE WAZ ALEXANDER AND SHEEEITT
>>
>>984400
Ancient Macedonia was a Greek region
Much later, a bunch of slavs named their country Macedonia, but they're unrelated

It's like if a great man spawned from nTexas and became a hero for the USA
Then, centuries later, Venezuela renamed itself Texas and a millenium later, uneducated faggots would confuse the new Texas with the ancient one
>>
>>984443
Oof
>>
>>984443
Slavic Macedonia != greek Macedonia
>>
File: 465.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
465.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>984443
>>984400

MODERN MACEDONIA IS NOT ANCIENT MACEDONIA

MODERN MACEDONIA IS JUST MINI BULGARIA
>>
>>984400
before philip conquered greece, greeks considered macedonians to be barbarians

and now there's this whole "alexander was greek" bullshit
>>
>>984474
Yes. Go on any youtube video about Alexander, its all shitty balkans countries arguing over who WUZ WE

Check comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ayo8Fczg8
>>
>>984723
Fuck off slavshit
His capital city is in Greece, he spoke Greek, he was tutored, by Greek philosophers, and practiced the Greek pagan faith
He was Greek
>>
>>984400
THE MODERN TURKOGREEKS HAVE NOT ANY CONNECTION WITH THE ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS OF EUROPE MODERN GREECE WAS CREATED BY ALBANIANS, GERMANS AND THE BRITISH, JUST GO DO SOME SIMPLE RESEARCH FOR THIS HISTORY DURING 18 HUNDREDS. EVERY FOUNDATION OF THE ANCIENT HELLENIC CULTURE IS REPRESENTED BY ALBANIANS TODAY THE TURKOGREEKS ARE A BUNCH OF MIXED TURKS AJERIS CHECHENS AND KURDS , A BUNCH OF ORTHODOX TURKISH SEMETIC SPERM ARABS GYFTO-GREKO WANNABES EUROPEANS AND WHITES.
>>
>>984429
>Macedonia was a kingdom in ancient Greece
The ancient Greeks certainly didn't think so
>>
>>985065
greeks talk a whole pile of nonsense
>>
>>984443
Do you fucks not realize this is the same moronic thought behind Ancient Egypt = Modern Egypt.
>>
>>984443
So were all the other city states of greece
>>
>>984744
>GYFTO
να τον αλβανο
>>
Yeah. He was a slav.
>>
>>985082
Explain
>>
>>984443
>Macedonia still exists
Yeah, well, no
>>
> everyone traking the bait

I knew exactly what this thread would be like when I saw it.
>>
>>984723
No they didn't, they considered them fringe Greeks at worst.
>>
File: Kek.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>985835
>>
>>984400
nice bait make
>>
>>984723
Being a barbarian by Greek standards could mean from not being Greek to "anyone I don't like". It's just like how the word faggot is used on 4chan
>>
>>987673
of course, similar threads are on /int/ all the time
>>
>>985852
Different geographic locations. Just because the names are the same doesn't mean all of the land defining a nation is the same as 2k+ years ago.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.