[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was history in your school /his/? >Teacher talking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 40
File: q5q4i1qq6q2ge396fmp98xfzkdstyu.jpg (85 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
q5q4i1qq6q2ge396fmp98xfzkdstyu.jpg
85 KB, 600x400
How was history in your school /his/?

>Teacher talking about the Crimean War

>Shows photo of Royal Scots Grey charge

>I bring up that the photo was from Waterloo, Not the Crimean War

>Get told that 'No it's definitely from the Crimean war, They just look similar'

Did you guys have any shit tier teachers?
>>
>>983767
All history teachers were top tier Bro's. Literally all of them.
>>
File: 15 Year Old Luftwaffe Soldier.jpg (156 KB, 964x823) Image search: [Google]
15 Year Old Luftwaffe Soldier.jpg
156 KB, 964x823
I can't recall anything egregious. I used to correct/add to what my Freshman teacher said to to my crush and future regret.

I should've been better Caitlin.
>>
File: 1419737775366.png (60 KB, 632x942) Image search: [Google]
1419737775366.png
60 KB, 632x942
>>983767
I remember signing up for a private tutor from a segue school after my AP European history teacher knew nothing about the Peloponnesian War.
>>
I had some excellent history teachers in high school, both of whom I still correspond with.
>>
>>983786
>>983792
When I come to think of it, my history teacher in the last year of High School mentioned a ton of wars I only really learned about in the past two years. King of Aragon taking Naples, the Italian wars, war of the public weal, Boer War, war in the Philippines etc etc.
>>
>tfw my 10th grade AP European History teacher was a former college professor
>tfw I was too much of an ADHD kid to properly appreciate his lectures which were amazing in hindsight

just fuck my teenage years up famiglia
>>
>>983767

>Photo
>From Waterloo

You're both idiots.
>>
>>983767
They were good
I can't remember anything anymore though because my high school years were a complete blur
>>
>>983815
Why would you sign up for an AP course if you were a retard.
>>
>>983818
He meant portrait, faglord.
>>
My grade 10 teacher was pretty dumb

>Leningrad and stalingrad were the same cities
>stalin just changed the name to inflate his ego
>>
>>983832
Pretty sure his teacher brought the original painting in the class.

Or maybe he went to a pleb school.
>>
>>983836
what the fuck, you must have watched enough history channel at least to get uppity and correct him.
>>
>>983887

I did, she just looked confused and said
>hmm, you may be right
>>
My hs history teacher was the most ignorant of them all.

In college the teacher says "and in the peace negotiations post ww1 the USA was adamant about Serbia having coastal territories"
I rise my hand and ask why.
After a second of confusion goes back to explaining without answering the question.
>>
Played 40k and MtG with one of my history teacher in middle school (we went to the same shop)

Highschool history teacher was one of those 23yo freshly diplomed guy with no authority, learned almost nothing for 3 years
>>
File: 1460233697216.jpg (392 KB, 1516x1236) Image search: [Google]
1460233697216.jpg
392 KB, 1516x1236
>>983767
>What was life like during the Roman Empire?
>What was life like during the Middle Ages?
>What was life like during the Victorian Era?
>Henry VIII
>The Blitz
That was everything I was taught throughout the entirety of school. Literally nothing else. Every teacher I had knew jack shit about anything outside of the Curriculum and always avoided questions. That's why I never got into history until I left, because I didn't learn anything.
>>
>>983767
>American revolution
>injuns
>HOLOCAUST
>COMMIES R BAD
>American civil war
>HOLO CAUST
>COMMIES R BAD
>>
>>983767
waterloo was in 1815
photography started in 1826
>>
>>984248

I meant the Royal Scots Greys Charge painting
>>
>Go to any school that isn't a Catholic School in Northern Ireland
>Learning about history of Ireland
>"So this eejit, De Valera, right eejit right lads ;)"
>"So the IRA, founded on hatred and bloodshed of British innocents"
>"Britain keep peace in Ireland, and when they came over the Irish rejected them because they were savages"
>"The Troubles was very bad because of the nationalists, thankfully the loyalists came in and saved the day"
>"BRITAIN HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG AND ALL IRISH NATIONALISTS ARE SCUM"
>Shows picture of black and tans
>"Sir weren't they notorious for civilian kills?"
>Told off for disrespecting dead soldiers
>>
>public school in France
>SHOAH
>ww2 also
>SHOAH
>many people died in ww1
>SHOAH
that's about it
Napoleon was never even talked about if I remember right
>>
>>984488
You're correct.
The Vichy RĂ©gime has several hours allocated for almost every year of history, whereas Napoleon or his nephew are only mentioned but never studied.

The government is retarded and thinks we'll all become hyper nationalists if we learn about them somehow.
>>
>>984200
This so much.I don't even remember the British Empire being mentioned.Spent a few weeks on the French Revolution though.
>>
>>984488
French here
The self-blame over Shoah was bad, but nowhere near as bad as the self-blame over colonization
>>
Remember being unironically told Hitler wanted to kill everyone without blond hair and blue eyes desu.
>>
>>983767
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
This is the only thing they ever taught about the Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>983767
Rofl, when that bitch told me Egyptians were black.
Fuck off niggress.
>>
>>983767
Only bad teacher I had was an annoying leftist guy. I didn't like him, but he was a good person.
Others were an old guy that everyone in school utterly respected. He was awesome.

And back in fourth grade, the history teacher literally began to sing We Are The Champions when, near the end of the year, for the first time, everyone in class had done the homework
>>
>>984488
so true, if i may.

>XIXth century: evil missionaries are sent to prepare the terrain for colonisation, lookies all the ofrced labor and natives being opressed
>WW1: da gret war, much stupid, for nothing and to blame on evil nationalism

WW2: EVUL NAZIS, SHOA, DEATH CAMPS, EVIL FRENCH ARE COLLABOS (and occasionaly we study campaigns, occasionaly)

post war: DECOLONISATION AND MUH FRANCAFRIQUE, DA EVIL FRENCH IS MORE EVIL, WONT APOLOGISE FOR EVERYTHING
>>
>Teacher who probably knows more about history than OP makes a small mistake
>an understandable mistake because the artist who painted that painting also painted many paintings depicting the Crimean War.
LOL WHAT A DUMB CUNT YOU SHOULD KILL HER OP
>>
Largely terrible. But I had a good memory, so I did well. American history was basically taught exactly from the textbooks described in this book.
>>
>So, industrial age...

>Fuckin, Rockefeller n shit I guess.

>Fuck it, we're watching Last Samurai and the Newsies.

She was fucking God tier.
>>
Right now I'm doing
>Did Alexander want to fuse the Persian and Greek races, or was his empire an example of Greek Imperialism
She also showed a John Green video on the first day
>>
>Why didnt my basic education teach me more than the basics
>My history teacher makes occasional mistakes
>My teacher teaches the curriculum and not tinfoil hat theories
>Im so smart guise I was a genius 10th grader
Missing the point of high school education.
>>
>>983792
You guys did pre-1449 Euro History for AP EURO?
>>
>>983767
shit, but I enjoyed it cause it was easy

>>983792
Our AP Euro didn't even touch anything pre-renaissance. I was and still am pissed about that
>>
Im from texas, all my history teachers where red pilled men who called the civil war "the war of northern aggression", refereed to muslims as terrorist regularly, and one of them used to cosplay in history reenactments at the alamo
>>
>>983767
>photo
>>
File: 1460339445259.gif (974 KB, 255x138) Image search: [Google]
1460339445259.gif
974 KB, 255x138
We watched braveheart so we could learn about the medieval ages.

Also kinda related but in science we watched the movie Outbreak to learn about diseases.
>>
>>986393
Holy dog shit... Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas.
>>
>>986467
hartman please go
>>
>>986448
My 7th grade science class watched that movie. Back in 2003. I had my first grand mal seizure during it.
>>
>>983767
Ausfag here let me sum up 12 years of rural (Newcastle) public schooling regarding history
>ANZACS (Gallipoli)
>Pharlap (the race horse)
>Federation
>>
>>986626
Any gold rush?
>>
>>986626
Should also add some Holocaust stuff.
>>
>>986632
Not that I remember, it was +8 years ago.
I'm remembering a bit more
>Pinch Gut island
>Macquarie was a boss
>>
>>983767
>Persecution of the jews
>Danish history
>Vikings
>Vikings
>Romans

That's pretty much what I remember from history class.

For a period of about a year we had a ridiculous teacher. For the whole summer we just had a big compendium and were told to just read it and take notes. He never did any teaching of his own. He was notorious for his mood swings/bad temper and overall craziness and had occasionally been violent with some of the kids. I heard he dragged a kid by his ear across the floor one time. You never knew if he'd be furious or super happy when he entered the class room. Sometimes he told stories that were very exaggerated to fascinate or frighten us.
One time in class he handed one of my friends money and told him to head over to the nearest shop and buy him some lasagne. He pretty much couldn't say no, and after he'd gotten him the lasagne, this fucking guy accused him of stealing some of the money, which we all know never happened.
Another time we were on a Canoe trip which he lead, and of course it was a disaster. People got lost for hours on end etc. His own canue tipped over at one point which ruined his cellphone.

Pretty fucked up guy, but entertaining nonetheless. Glad to hear he ended up getting fired. He's now a taxi driver.
>>
>rise of civilization in china, india, mesopotamia
>anatolian civilizations and, greece and rome
>central asian nomads like huns, gokturks and uighurs
>dawn and rise of islam
>karakhans and adoption of islam
>great seljuks
>anatolian seljuks
>ottomans for 2 years from foundation to collapse including administration, military and economy
>ottoman empire's reformation attemps pretty detailed
>briefly europe in middle ages, feudalism, renaissance, new world and industrial revolution
>ww1
>turkish war of independance
>atatĂ¼rk's reforms like 6 months
>briefly ww2
>briefly cold war

the end
>>
>>983767
I learnt that the French Revolution failed because when Napoleon came to power he restored the Ancien RĂ©gime and promoted fascist values in Europe against the poor monarchies.
>>
History teachers were fine, but when we had to do drama when I was younger we had one retarded teacher who was trying to teach us about the slave trade.

>Teacher asks us why the Europeans would have slaves and where they would take them
>I answered explaining how they were brought to colonies in North America and the Caribbean in order to do work to help build up the colonies and generally do manual labour, generally explain the Triangle Trade
>Teacher tells me I'm wrong and that we brought slaves straight back to Britain
>I point out the fact slavery was illegal in Britain and that as soon as the slaves touched ground in Britain they would've been free
>"nope, that's not correct"
>"Yes, it is."
>>
>shit teacher
>and you're a /his/ faggot
>you point out mistakes he/she makes in class
>lowers your grade
>but can't make it too low; others may suspect because you are a /his/ faggot, you should probably get a high mark
>puts it slightly higher than average

Every fucking time. I'm not even saying that I'm a fucking genius at history, just average. But when you get on their nerves for correcting them, especially if you have sources to back you up, this is what happens.
>>
>middle school english teacher says that all Germans, civilian and military, were Nazis
>>
>>986096
>tfw my american history teacher had us read this over the summer
He was just as based as you might imagine
>>
>>983832
Than he should have said so, words have meaning
>>
>>986393
>calling the war of southern treachery the war of northern agression

Yeah whatever pal
>>
>11th grade
>Huge ancient historyboo
>Learning about ancient warfare
>Teacher says that the phalanx was a purely defensive formation
>Teacher says that swords were the most common weapon and that spears were chucked at the enemy almost immediately
>Teacher says that Alexander never had a near defeat
>Teacher says that ancient armor was a lot like medieval armor
>Teacher says that the phalanx want out of use because people forget how to do it
>Got so mad that I had a nose bleed
That was the last time I ever took notes in that class.
>>
>>988970
I'm glad Sherman burned those traitors asses
>>
>9th grade world history
>teacher makes me her teacher's pet even though I don't like her
>we're talking about the Franks in class
>"Anon, do you know who was the greatest leader of the Franks?"
>can feel class staring daggers at me
>am afraid that they'll hate me but I also don't wanna look stupid
>"Charlemagne."
>"Excellent. And how do you spell that?"
>...
>proceed to spell it
>"Goodness you're always so on top of these things."

The class hated me the whole year. This woman had a meltdown one day when she told us Tel Aviv isn't in Israel and we all told her she was wrong
>>
File: 1442766003154.jpg (101 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1442766003154.jpg
101 KB, 600x656
>mfw studied history for 4 years in hs with a filocommunist teacher who had a hard-on for talking about the holocaust
>he was also my philosophy teacher
>every year on Memory Day he would organize mandatory events with excruciating long movies and documentaries about the treatment of jews before and during ww2

I don't know about you guys but at least over here (italy) finding a history teacher who isn't left wing is harder than finding an economy teacher who isn't capitalist. Fucking impossible.
>>
>>988996
Why were they staring daggers at you?
>>
>>983767
In high school? Rough. We had ONE class that was good; art history with a talented instructor.

World history was "Old Testament: The Class". I got in trouble often for talking about things beyond the scope of the course's outlines (like details on the Egyptian pantheon, for "undermining the teacher").

I think we had a specialized American History course but I didn't take it because I dropped out to get my GED and enroll in college early, and we got drilled on it HARD through middle school and I was kinda sick of it at that point.
>>
>>989032
Had an arnachist leaning teacher, he shitting on everyone in 19th history class (even on the african 'empire') made his pretty impartial.

At the end of the year, he taught us the history of rock/hard rock while making us listen to the most famous singles of the 20th century

pretty dank to be honest
>>
File: 1449363737988.png (136 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1449363737988.png
136 KB, 250x250
>9th grade history
>learning about ancient Greece
>In the last chapter there is a brief mention of Alexander
>"After Alexander the Muslims just took over Greece"
>"What teacher?"
>"Yes, didnt you know Anon? You are usually very good in History class. Macedonia was a colony of Persia"
>Didnt even correct her
>>
File: 1460422195464.png (170 KB, 1390x893) Image search: [Google]
1460422195464.png
170 KB, 1390x893
>High school:
All my history teachers were pretty dope. I was apparently lucky, as my brother seems to have been shafted on some occasions. One of them was a superfeminist who was not even a history teacher, but tried or had to teach Old english literature, and in an effort to help the class learn Beowulf, she constantly went on about how shitty women and black people had it in Pre-9th century Britian. My Ancient history teacher was pretty good, and was really into the empires of the Ancient Near East (Assyrians, Hittites, Babylonians, Achameneids), and I learned so much about cultures I never knew even existed (and I was a fan of history before that).
My other teacher was my AP US History teacher, and she was a tough bastard, but was really really good at providing all angles of history whilst remaining impartial (plus she helped me ace that exam). Someone asked her if they should read Howard Zinn and ignore "typical textbooks", she just laughed at them.

>University:
My only history professor was technically a Classics major, but holy shit what a nice guy. He had a tendency to be really soft spoken and vice-like grip on his Tim Horton's coffee cup, like he was constantly nervous about presenting. When he talked about Rome and Greece, he was super passionate, and was very detailed but fair about everything. but he really rekindled my love for Ancient Rome. He also was super generous, giving me his entire lecture notes and handout pdf's from his Introductory Latin Course, and has given me numerous tips, commentaries and recommendations of Greek and Roman works. 10/10 professor
>>
>>983767

>see "WW2" on curriculum for year 10 history
>its 200% NEVERAGAINMUHSHOAH

the holocaust was literally the most boring thing in all of WW2 but that's the ONLY thing kids get to learn about
>>
>>983767
>'No it's definitely from the Crimean war, They just look similar'

but they were literally 40 years apart the uniforms had changed like twice or more since then holy shit
>>
What do you think makes a good History teacher?
>>
>>986626

this but abbos and the gold rush
>>
>>989114
this
>>
>>989119
>sense of humor
>open to being wrong, smart enough not to be (not that forgetting the occasional date or obscure historical figure is so bad)
>male
>>
>>989119
1. Being passionate about what you are teaching. Kids will not be bored if you are excited about teaching them the material.
2. Being fair and patient with kids who may have had fucktarded upbringings and know jack shit
3. Try to knidle the interests of students who are into history ("Hey anon, you like x? Here's a book you should read etc."). It's nice to have a teacher that seems to have a genuine interest in your education
4. Try not to follow any political agenda, whether its marxist-leftist drivel, neoconservative reactionaries, or religious tiptoeing (coming from a Catholic)
>>
>>989114
My school had brought in holocaust survivors to present during World War 2 studies during my time in class. It was interesting, but you're right about the majority of it is "the persecution of the jews" (ignoring everyone else convieniently, considering we had a high jewish population)

Hilariously enough, years later my brother's classmate's great grandfather was a veteran of World War 2 and spoke about his time, and was very friendly and talkative to answer the questions of the students. He did never specifically refer to the combatants he faced, nor anything about the holocaust. It was to the teacher's horror that the guy brought some his helmet and some fatigue. Turns out he was ex Wehrmacht, and my brother's friend failed to mention this to the teacher, and one of the hambeast female classmates had threatened to kick the kid's ass because "muh jewish heritage", but the teachers managed to fix the issue by bringing in a relative of another student who was ex Red Army. Shit was so cash
>>
>>989179
>Turns out he was ex Wehrmacht, and my brother's friend failed to mention this to the teacher

my fucking sides
>>
let's see,
>early swedish history (stone age to roughly 10th century)
>1500-1600 century Vasa, nothing about the thirty year war except Gustav II Adolf died in Germany
>french revolution
>holocaust, touching WW2 (Poland, Pearl, Germany lost, muh nukes)
>french revolution
>holocaust
>holocaust
>cold war
in that order
>>
My 11th grade History teacher was a bro

>Desert Storm get
>Super Conservative
>Woud let friend and I take his car to Quicktrip as long as we brought him 2 taquitos back
>called me a "fucking idiot" for getting a 3 on my AP World History test
>>
>>989227
forgot to mention colonization, imperialism and the atlantic slave trade.
>>
>>989179
>Hilariously enough, years later my brother's classmate's great grandfather was a veteran of World War 2 and spoke about his time, and was very friendly and talkative to answer the questions of the students. He did never specifically refer to the combatants he faced, nor anything about the holocaust. It was to the teacher's horror that the guy brought some his helmet and some fatigue. Turns out he was ex Wehrmacht, and my brother's friend failed to mention this to the teacher, and one of the hambeast female classmates had threatened to kick the kid's ass because "muh jewish heritage", but the teachers managed to fix the issue by bringing in a relative of another student who was ex Red Army. Shit was so cash
Wow, your school was really lit. They should've came on the same day, and fought to death in uniform.
>>
File: Why Bird.jpg (25 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
Why Bird.jpg
25 KB, 300x317
>>989111

>black people had it in Pre-9th century Britian

U WOT M9?
>>
Norway here we have a weird system of learning about history very briefly in middle school first but then it's a bit more in depth repetition during high school. But basically it goes like this.

>Prehistoric man
>Egypt/Mesopotamia/China
>Rome and Greece
>Medieval Europe
>Medieval Norway and Vikings
>Medieval World
>Renaissance in Europe and colonisation
>Renaissance in Norway
>The Reformation and the 30 Years War
>General Enlightenment and French and American Revolutions
>Industrialisation in Norway and the world
>Imperialism
>WWI
>Interwar period and faulty definitions of Communism and Fascism 101
>Norway in WWII
>Le shoah
>General WW2
>Cold War

Ends on about the point of the collapse of the Soviet Union
>>
>>986393

what a fucking faggot
>>
File: download.png (9 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9 KB, 224x225
>>984221
>>
File: Lenin.gif (2 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
Lenin.gif
2 MB, 420x236
>>989483
>>
File: 1460431842926.jpg (51 KB, 540x418) Image search: [Google]
1460431842926.jpg
51 KB, 540x418
>>986119
>John Green
I know your pain
>>
File: f57fqmI.png (30 KB, 1221x764) Image search: [Google]
f57fqmI.png
30 KB, 1221x764
>>986393
>South Breaks away
>Is first to attack
>War of northern aggression

I will never understand this meme
>>
Whats the big deal with John Greene? Ive never seen anything of his.
>>
>>983767

Of course. I once had a teacher try to tell us about the history of Atlantis. Apparently the Aztecs were Atlantean and were more advanced than we are now.
>>
>>989506
Professor showed a John Green Cuckosode on the importance of reading. Why the hell did I take public speaking.
>>
>>984221
>>989483

But anon, commies are bad.
>>
>>989532
Anti-Eurocentric to the point of giving other cultures more credit because of it. No issue with viewing history from other lenses, but he apologizes for the wests success at what everyone did.

And on a personal level he's a bit of a bitch. His highschool/college sweetheart crawled back to him once his books started selling and he actually took her back.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 218x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 218x320
My history teacher was tops. Inspired me.just retired last year,high school history teacher. 30 years.would do it again just for the students that were like me
>>
>>989561
>His highschool/college sweetheart crawled back to him once his books started selling and he actually took her back.
Wait, which was his first popular book? Because I'm fairly sure he was married even before Crash Course.
>>
>>989592
looking for alaska i think
>>
WW2 since 6th grade till grad.
WW1 3rd and 4th grade.
French Revolution 5th grade.
>>
>>989653
That's a really weird setup...you guys just sat around talking about a single war/event for months?
>>
canada here, honestly don't remember a damn thing about HS history.
it was just a blur of muh natives, muh riel, muh holocaust, and muh pearson.
>>
>>986749
Well what years were you talking about?
>>
My 7th/8th grade history teacher was such a g - dude did all sorts of reenactments and dressed up for class to talk about civil war and ww1 and 2
>>
My AP World History and AP Euro History was fucking awesome. Has a perfect rating on rate my teacher too.
>>
File: Excitement and Anticipation.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Excitement and Anticipation.gif
6 KB, 200x200
>>989702
>Has a perfect rating on rate my teacher too.

Oh, why don't we do some of this? Share professors we've had on RMT/RMP. Here's two guys I've had a little while ago. Haven't been in history classes for a while now. Hope they're both doing well.

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=65053

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/joseph-valentine/2506202-t
>>
>>986393
So by 'red pilled' you mean retarded
>>
>>989592
Looking for Alaska was his first book, and probably his best as well. He definitely put the most effort into that one.
>>
>>983767
Who /vcehistory/ here?
Australian school was fucking based. We got to learn about commies in Russia and China,
>>
>>983832

>portrait

For fucks sake...
>>
File: battletech.jpg (80 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
battletech.jpg
80 KB, 620x349
>>989855
My history teacher was a fucking fag who didn't bother telling us the importance of battle tech in the Russian Revolution

http://www.baka.com.au/national/education/vce-authorities-apologise-for-phantom-robot-20121119-29lbl.html
>>
>>989863
Obviously it's a landscape
>>
>>989682
>muh riel,
Sup Winnipegbro. My grandfather has a shitfit every time the Metis and whiteys try to make Riel seem like a hero and founding father
>>
>>986388
>Our AP Euro didn't even touch anything pre-renaissance. I was and still am pissed about that

To be fair, they only have like 9 months to teach. It's hard to even fit just the important post-renaissance stuff into that, much less all of pre-renaissance Europe as well.
>>
File: 1423580995206.png (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423580995206.png
124 KB, 500x375
>holocaust studies class in highschool
>teacher is showing off some souvenirs she got from a trip to israel
>"i got this bag but I'm not sure what language the writing on it is"
>she holds up the tote bag
>it's hebrew
>mfw my holocaust studies teacher can't identify fucking hebrew
>>
>>989944
>holocaust studies
was this actually a special thing in history you learnt differently? Sounds terrible
>>
>>984221
literally american public education.
just add some
>muh states rights, not slavery
and you have texas'
>>
>>989928
Hongcouver actually, so you can add "muh chinese labourers" to the list too.

The meme about our history being boring is pretty true, bar the usual wanking over WW1 and 2.
>>
Idk what the fuck my 11th grade American history class even was.

This was all we talked about (I shit you not)

>the Civil Rights movement first thing
>Indian fucking Boarding Schools and genocide
>Americans are imperialist monsters who beat up poor brown people
>oh yeah there was a war and stuff don't worry about it
>oh yeah people were really rich for ten years, what was life like then?
>oh yeah people were really poor for ten years, what was life like then?
>Evil Nazis are evil
>THE HOLOCAUST
>Japanese Internment Camps and the Japanese didn do nuffin
>nothing from WWII is actually covered, no weapons, battles or even the homefront
>commies didn do nuffin
>>
Not really in order or anything, but just pretty much everything I remember that was covered in a NZ public school

>Treaty of Waitangi, every year and as of how we oppressed the Maori
>The Musket wars and how it was the Europeans fault the Maori killed each other
>Gallipoli every year, and learning how the Turks were just as good as the ANZACS
>Crusades from the Muslim perspective
>American black civil rights movement
>Shoah 3 years in a row, also the only thing related to WW2
>Spartacus rebellion for a few weeks one year
>>
Highschool
>MURICA FUCK YEA
>Except that one year in high school where a hippie dyke taught US history and America was bad and evil in every moment of every portion of history
Got called a nazi for siding with FDR joining WW2. Got detention for arguing with that logic was neat.

College
>Bretty good
>Except even the professors that lived through the Cold War don't understand basic Cold War logic
A little too much delegating history from the present
>>
Have a teacher who wires everything we learn into why you should vote for Hillary. Spent 1.5 months on woman's sufferance Spent a week on the constitution. Kms
>>
in my highschool year the curiculum change,now we are supposed to learn about our previous leader now and also about the shitty independence movement.
i hear a lot my upperclassmen (because they are still using our old curiculum) learn about things like WW2, Hitler and, a bunch of things about the world history.
>>
>>990296
>Japanese didn do nuffin
How the fuck do you justify that.
>>
>>986718
Damn that sounds like a pretty based history curriculum.

Much better than my Quebec history pos
>>
>>984553

Well, the latter was literally your fault, to be fair.
>>
>>989855
My class did French revolution and Russian revolution, was bossking
>>
>>986718
Are You from norway ?
>>
>>990377
by knowing nothing about history. I actually don't think most people even have heard about Nanking, prostitution in Korea, what they did to POWs and biological weapon research with human test subjects.
>>
>>990377
by speaking the truth.
>>
>>983767
All Science and History teachers are Bros.
All Math and English teachers just kinda gave up.
>>
>>990296

But Japanese Americans didn't do anything.
>>
>>990861
3 of them helped a downed pilot start some more shit until they were all captured.

Reason enough to detain a large amount of the populace with no respect to their input to the nation as rightful citizens.
>>
>>990892

Are you memeing me or genuinely serious?
>>
>>990908
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident

It seems excessive, but only through the benefit in hindsight.
>>
>>983818
It is from Waterloo, retard
>>
>>984488
Same here in the UK. Most of the responses to this apply to us too.
>>
Australian private catholic school.
Not going to lie considering how boring Australian history is. Our history teacher made a pretty good go of it.
>rabbit proof fence, pest introduction to aus.
>stolen generation
>brief world war 1
>massive amount of time spent of the treaty of Versailles and the rise of nazi germany.
>Australian activity in WW2, look at jap and aus propganda through the war. Transition from relying on Britian to US.
>Japan post world war 2
>British india, from the rebellion through to independence. Large focus on what pro indian and pro britian papers were commenting on the events of ghandi's movement being a thing.
>Whitlam dismissal.

He was always pretty based. Always had a focus on being impartial would always talk through both side of the argument. Would give bonus marks if you constructed pros and cons for both side of the subject.
>>
>>990150
It was an elective class I chose to take. All we did was watch Hollywood movies about the Holocaust anyway.
>>
>>986393
So what you're saying is, if Cuba decided to attack Guantanamo, it would be an aggressive imperialist war if America retaliated?
>>
>>989326
She means the Irish
>>
>>984454
>glorifying terrorists

have you tried not being a bog wog?
>>
>>983767
I remember learning about Hellenism and a bit about the Diadochi in HS. I also held presentations on Saladin and the Napoleonic wars. My history teacher was pretty cool. He was so old, he told us stories from his youth in the 60s about travelling to Azerbadsjan and having armed Soviet soldiers board his train.

Overall history in both Junior High and HS was pretty based for me. Though if I knew half of what I do now back then, I would have aced it without problems. A bit too much focus on my own country's history, though. I always found that to be boring.
>>
My history teacher was based. In one of our last lessons, he had a 20 minute rant about how sjws were modern day nazis.

We had another one who found a piece of sun glass lens on the floor, so he put it in his eye, and hobbled around the room for 10 minutes pretending to be a pirate.
>>
>>989885
2012 Revolutions paper - never forget
>>
>>983767
>1800's
>photo
the student is as bad as the teacher
>>
>>989855
primary school was fucking terrible though

>muh aboriginal culture for 4 years in a row, with a tiny bit of ancient civilisations
>>
>>990296
The actual details of the warfare arent in any of the curriculums, even though they are some of the most interesting parts. They don't want to "glorify" war.
>>
>>990850
Science was the shit one for me, just stupid shit that barely scratches the surface of the real science, and episode of mythbusters
>>
>>983767
If I were your teacher I would have noted that it's a painting and not a photo, then the class would be all like "ooooooooooooooo". We would all have a laugh and you'd say something awkward to save face

Don't try to show off with obscure bullshit in a room full of 17 year olds, ya sperg
>>
>>983790
What are you talking about
>>
>>989855
>Australian school was fucking based.

Lol wut, as someone who went to school in the 90s and early 2000s.

>White Australia did nothing wrong.
>Stolen generation actually did more good than harm, the harm was just misguided policy
>Australians landed on the wrong beach in gallipoli, it was entirely British incompetence that made Australia lose Gallipoli
>The bible is a trustworthy historical document.
>Literally nothing about WW1 Past the somme and gallipoli nationalistic myths.
>Literally nothing about communism or the cold war except pol pot is evil and watch animal farm.
>Nothing about the eastern front beyond Stalingrad.
>Australia beat Japan in WW2, Kokoda was the most important battle in the entire pacific front.

Fuck John Howard.
>>
>>983767
Back when I was in HS all of the history teachers except one were coaches. They didn't give a shit about any of it, but the one actual teacher was 110% into it and was a fantastic teacher.
>>
>>989032
In Hungary, you can't find a history teacher that is not right wing (nationalist the least).

>muh Trianon
>we dindu nuffin to deserve it
>we couldn't have avoided entering WWII
>fucking Romanians, Slovakians, Serbians

While I agree that Trianon wasn't righteous at all, stating that we were nothing but victims would be a lie and I'm kind of fed up that after almost a century, we still like to cry about it.

Teachers are one of the many reasons why nationalism is gaining more and more popularity in Hungary. The fact that most students are ignorant enough to look up these things online and not believe everything the teacher says just worsens the situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 400x499
>>983767

In sophomore year of high school my social studies teacher was talking about the Cold War and the space race and such and seemed to imply that the lunar landing was staged. Some kid asked what he meant and he said, "Well, let's face it, we never went to the moon." Lost all respect for him after that. Once he saw Hunter Thompson's F&L on the Campaign Trail '72 on my desk and mistook it for "that book with all the shameless drug use." (Vegas)

It was a shitty school. I remember once they were understaffed or something and had to leave their mongoloid of a varsity coach in charge of a social studies class for a whole year. No background in teaching history what so ever.
>>
High school civics class made us all lay down on the floor crowded next to each other to simulate a slave ship
>>
>>983786

My history teacher was an excellent role-model, I think everyone in the school liked him.

He would tell you straight up what he was thinking and would never bullshit you.
>>
File: meh.ro10262.png (98 KB, 601x689) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10262.png
98 KB, 601x689
>>990506
Fault aint the right term though
>>
>>991738
my highschool hist teacher was a lefty, she thought there is a difference between nuclear and nucular bombs
>>
File: 1454785382454.png (96 KB, 231x220) Image search: [Google]
1454785382454.png
96 KB, 231x220
Teacher I was doing field work with just the other year kept referring to King George III as a tyrant oppressing colonies single-handily. If I wasn't a student teacher I might have said something about how it was a gross oversimplification, but to be quite honest, the chances of even a single student I was working with getting into college was pretty slim, so I guess it doesn't really matter sadly.
>>
File: 1459102836744.png (190 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1459102836744.png
190 KB, 510x346
>teacher says Reagan popularized the term War on Drugs
>Say it was Nixon
>She says she's right because she lived through Nixon
>mfw
>>
>>991961

>comic can't even polandball correctly
>uses copy and paste

this comic represents it's own stupidity perfectly.

>French caused massive famines and civil strife in great syria that we still see today.
>Same with Africa
>only reason indo-China isn't as fucked up is because the Americans fixed it

best part is

>no one wants to speak French

lmao
>>
All of my history teachers have been cool. They all pretty much did lectures. But, some days ap world teacher showed John Green when he didn't feel like teaching or was busy. World is very East centric until 1500s which turns into Europe (which is more enjoyable, we barely talked about Rome though).
But, my past 2 Latin teachers were cool with history, both with classic degrees. One was in the military and taught us Roman military more than the language (nice guy, terrible teacher for language). Then current teacher is a great teacher and great person for anything Greek and Roman and the language. She's big into Byzantine and Greek/Roman Lit, so she helps us with late antiquity history if we got questions, which spawns into discussions about history.
>>
I don't remember anything I learned in high school or grade school history. It was all vague things about America and the Holocaust, which was not vague.
>>
>>983767
>had godlike history teacher
>the type of guy that just screamed cool and someone I'd want to be when I grew up
>me and best friends used to stay after class just to talk more history, like WWII
>>
File: 0fbezxrs.jpg (86 KB, 529x627) Image search: [Google]
0fbezxrs.jpg
86 KB, 529x627
>>992092
>only reason indo-China isn't as fucked up is because the Americans fixed it

I was not sure whether you were trolling or not when you implied that Syria's current problems were caused by French colonial rule, but then this line happened holy shit!!
GG anon,you gave me a good kek
>>
File: 1457573607864.png (462 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1457573607864.png
462 KB, 750x500
>Virginia
>the local Algonquian and Iroquois Indians
>Sir Walter Raleigh, Queen Elizabeth, Jamestown, the starving times, House of Burgesses, Williamsburg
>possibly the most biased pro-colonist curriculum for the Revolution in existence
>like two classes for the War of 1812
>Civil War, extremely biased towards the US because Northern Virginia
In middle school we didn't have a history class, we had a civics class instead. We still had pretty extensive coverage of the tycoon capitalism era and the Great Depression though. The teacher was a fucking idiot.
>we had to get in groups and come up with an idea for reconstructing the South after the Civil War
>two kids suggest sending the blacks back to Africa
>the teacher, a yankee transplant, goes full-on asshurt, threatens to send them to the principal and makes them apologize to the class
>want to point out that even Abraham Lincoln wanted to do that, but decide against it
High school history was awful.
>we spent like six months on revolutionary France for some reason
>every other day was some shitty History Channel documentary
>Guns, Germs, and Steel bullshit
That was two years of High School. The remaining two years I was in an international school overseas that had a great history curriculum. So glad for that.
>Russian Revolution
>Austria-Hungary and the lead up to World War I
>Prussia and German unification
>the interwar arms treaties
>a very objective, informative few weeks analyzing why Hitler was able to come to power
>World War II, with a focus on the transition into the Cold War
>Cuban Missile Crisis, Joe McCarthy
>fall of the Soviet Union
>Desert Storm
>based British teacher who regularly BTFO the cucks of the class
Loved it.
>>
>>984488
Heh, over here in Portugal it's the other way around. We spend almost all years learning about the discoveries and the colonial empire. We still have the biggest collective for hard on for our past glories.
>>
>>989517
Hmm.

>South Carolina secedes
>Feds refuse to give up Ft. Sumter, as they had abandoned other federal forts in the South.
>The Confederacy says "Hey, so that fort is in our territory, either give it up or we'll fire on it."
>Yanks say "Nah, its ours go away."
>Confederacy says "No really, if you don't get out of our fort we will fire on you."
>Yanks say "Get fucked redneck. Go beat your niggers. Muh union!!!"

So the South took what was theirs by territorial right.

The South even offered to PAY FOR federally held properties within some Confederate territories in March of 1861, just after Lincoln was inaugurated. Know what Lincoln said? No. He wanted war and he wanted war on Southerners. The motherfucker then goaded Major Robert Anderson at Fort Sumter to keep resisting the demands of the government of South Carolina and the Confederacy. This despite the fact that Anderson had only a garrison force of less than 100 troops in a fort designed to be manned by around 700, with food stores running severely low (they only had a few weeks worth left)

Lincoln was a warmonger. Deal with it.
>>
>>988996
Can relate
Answered all history questions the first few months because I was the only one who knew them
Got tired of being a teacher's pet and stopped because it's retarded.
>>
I only ever had two shit history teachers, the rest were based.

1st year teacher ran the living history society and gave us lessons on norman and saxon arms and armour by showing them to us

2nd year teacher was shite and somehow made the wars of the roses boring

3rd year teacher gave me my love for modern history

My teacher for GCSEs was just boring and didn't know much

I had 2 teachers for 6th form
>History teacher and form tutor
>teaches us about bismarck
>franco-prussian war
>Fashoda
>made me realise that the first and second world wars were really a continuation of what Napoleon started

>Other teacher
>same teacher as first year
>still based
>>
File: polonia[1].gif (2 KB, 348x219) Image search: [Google]
polonia[1].gif
2 KB, 348x219
>>983767
>Did you guys have any shit tier teachers?
Yes yes yes. Shit teachers are just a fact of life, what really stuck with me where teachers who could actually teach a class, but were complete morons outside of their own notes.
Like the one who absolutely instisted that pic related was the flag of Austria, because why would there be a polish flag hung off a building in Wien?
Or the teacher (admittedly a newbie and just a sub) who absolutely could not present a counter argument to the "Socrates didn't exist" meme.
>>
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Vienna.svg.png (5 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Vienna.svg.png
5 KB, 1280x853
>>992325
anon... I hate to tell you this but the flag of Vienna is just the Polish flag upside down
you fucked up, man
>>
>>992426
No, I didn't. Because I specifically looked it up afterwards in case it was the indonesian flag instead (I always get those two wrong) and the white part was above. Also my teacher specifically said the austrian flag, not Wien's flag. I remember this very well because I fucking described her the austrial flag and she absolutely insisted that it only had two sections, not three.
>>
>>992426
That said I must admit that I left myself open big time there and if she hadn't been a retard she'd have rekt me.
>>
>>983767
I remember my high school teacher being a huge Napolean fan. Must have spent like 2-3 weeks on the Napoleanic Wars
>>
>>986718
that's a lot of focus on turkey and the ottomans, any particular reason why?
>>
>>988780
I think this is a real problem, that teachers are not allowed to be wrong without losing face and credibility. I always imagined how it would be if most things you learn in school was viewed from a critical thinking lense. So day one of school would be to read a book that has only lies in it, and then for the teacher to tell you that all they said was a lie and you bought it all because you don't have critical thinking skills.
Would it cause kids to distrust their teachers from a very young age? Yes. Would it maybe make them feel insecure at an earlier age? Yes. But it would go a long way to educate a society I think.
>>
>>988979
>Teacher says that the phalanx want out of use because people forget how to do it
what is the real reason why they stopped employing i by the way? Weren't shieldwalls a thing long into medieval times?
>>
>>993228
The Phalanx =/= shield walls.

Phalanxes were rigid and large formations with shields up front and long ass spears behind them. They were effective from the front but extremely rigid and inflexible and vulnerable at their flanks.

I couldn't tell you why it fell out of fashion, I'm afraid, though it likely had to do with the fact that what worked for the greeks and macedonians wouldn't necessarily work for everyone everywhere.
>>
>>993483
Could it simply be that giant armies kind of went out of favor and armies got generally smaller which made the inflexibility of the phalanx really show?
I mean Alexander and the persians he was fighting were known to field armies of hundreds of thousands, no? Not really the case for early medieval times right?
>>
>>983767

Absolute trash. Took IB history for two years, same teach. Never tought anything, just made us read our texts in class while he looked up basketball stats.
>>
>>983767
I'm not American so I don't know how your schools work but anyway, here's my story of my retarded teacher.

>be me last year of primairy (when you turn 12)
>teacher shows us picture of Mona Lisa
>ask us who made it
>raise my hand and say "Leonardo da Vinci"
>"that's incorrect anon"
>subsitute teacher just blurts out "eumh I'm pretty sure the kid is correct [her firstname] it's made by Leonardo Da Vinci"
>"Ok" she says

thank you based substitute teacher for interfering when you shouldn't have
>>
>>983767
Had actually a real professor in university stating with 100% certainty:
napoleon crossing the alps was classical painting
When it really is a mixture of the baroque language and the classical.
Yeah history of arts is fine.
>>
>>984488
>>986042
Funny, here in italy we stayed more on the foibe than on the holohoax
>>
File: IMG_2015.jpg (108 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2015.jpg
108 KB, 400x800
>>989350
>Renaissance in Norway
>>
>>992218
He wanted war because half the nation broke away you dense motherfucker
>>
File: image.jpg (411 KB, 2242x1539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411 KB, 2242x1539
>>993228

Pikes were still a thing for a long time. Tercios, for one example.

No, I think it went out of style because it's so dependent on terrain. If you're fighting on a big, flat field then it's 10/10 would hammer and anvil again. Fight anywhere else and you start to see how inflexible the phalanx is.

Also it depends on the enemy. Could you imagine using phalanxes against the Parthians? Or the Huns, God forbid? Pic related.
>>
>>983767
>The nazis killed anyone who didn't have blonde hair or blue eyes
>muh holocaust
>>
My freshman history teach was absolute shit but that's ok cuz that class was pointless. It covered prehistory to modern time in 2 semesters, everyone should have already known about the important stuff. My other 2 history teachers were fucking amazing and I had both of them for the rest of high school. One of them even wrote my letter of recommendation!
>>
Actually, my school history teachers were bretty good, I cannot even remember any flaws.
The memes I remember:

1) One time our history teacher was ill so they send us another teacher. He literally said "Mountain people are more aggressive than plain people because mountains is a place where the mysterious Earth energy releases."

2) One of the 9 may celebration. The director of our schools make a speech: "All stories about bad readiness of Soviet Union to the war is a lie and propaganda. There were no bad trained soldiers and ammunition shortage."
Then the veteran invited to microphone to tell a story about war: "Oh, I was just 18 years old school boy when the war started. So they sent me to a training camp for 4 weeks and then sent to the front with an old Mosin rifle and 10 cartridges. The commander showed us in a map there the Germans are, and we went to their position. When we came too close, Germans started a machine gun fire. 60% of our squad died or were heavy wounded, others ran away."
>>
>>984221
>getting taught commies are bad and it still didn't get through
Maybe they should have taught it a third time
>>
>>994581
pure ideology
>>
>>990337
>called a nazi for supporting declaring war against nazis
That must require some hefty mental gymnastics
>>
File: 1409073807163.jpg (93 KB, 580x790) Image search: [Google]
1409073807163.jpg
93 KB, 580x790
United States history is fucking boring.
>>
File: Leonid.jpg (118 KB, 720x624) Image search: [Google]
Leonid.jpg
118 KB, 720x624
One time my auto shop teacher called the law of conservation of mass Einstein's theory of relativity.
I chose not to say anything
>>
>>983767
>Bring up a petty issue
>Get steamed when the teacher blows you off
Your teacher probably knew, they just slapped their presentation together in a rush. Just like you did all the time for your papers.

But way to stick it to him like a pedantic assburger.

>>983818
>>983832
You're just as bad as the OP.
>>
Here it was
>Sumer&Akkadia&Babylon&Hebrews
>muh Nebuchadnezzar didndu nuffin, it was all jewish lies
>since we were Classical Gimnasium (Latin courses) we got to spend more or less 1 entire year on Greece and Rome, all stages of ancient Greece throughly studied, their relations with Romans and then all stages of Rome, including a walk over every Roman emperor, 10/10 class
>shit is pretty cool, even though teacher hates anything military so we never get to learn any military campaigns outside of broad strokes and "this battle happened"
>early middle ages: on the early Christians and their lies
>early middle ages: how our ancestors were cucks and being proud of our history is retarded
>muh Freising manuscript, we wuz Koroška and shiet
>early middle ages: Franks and their empire building
>early middle ages: on the Catholic Church and their lies (muh skeleton trials, rapist popes, etc)
>middle ages: feudalism: a political and economic system, teacher quickly goes over the political side, proceeds to whine for a week about the uselessness of having to teach feudalism and economics, doesn't even touch the subject, ends up skipping it
>middle ages: Popes vs Emperors: on the catholics and their wickedness (muh poor emperor had to walk in the snow)
>middle ages: Islam: why its better than Christianity and Judaism in every single way, oh yes please import more refugees
>middle ages: on the Crusades and Christianity's ever growing thirst for fresh baby blood
>renaissance: we wuz Romans and shiet, extended ramblings over how rediscovering Romans was the best thing ever, extended lectures on Dante and Boccaccio
>renaissance: reformation: on the catholics and their corruption
>muh first Slovene book, muh start of Slovene literature, muh Reformation
>muh crackdown by evil Catholics
>30 years war: on (catholic) France and their lies
>Westphalian peace: rise of the Nation State
>Enlightenment: muh national awakening, muh literature, fuck Austrians
cont.
>>
>>995084
Why? I learned that during the Philippine-American War, the Flips cut open captured American soldiers, poured jam into their abdomens, and let thousands of ants eat them alive.

And then we BTFO of them.
>>
>>995511
>on Napoleon's cock and its imperial beauty
>how Napoleon single handedly gave us relevance for the first time ever
>1814 saddest year of my life ;_;
>1815: Evil catholic Reactionaries strike again
>American Revolution: irrelevant little rebellion, why am I teaching this?
>Romanticism is a pretty okay movement desu
>muh Prešeren
>muh Typing Wars
>muh literature
>quick rundown of local politics 1815-1914, way to concise for my taste
>teacher criminally omits any mention of the Catholic People's Party (the only one that stood up for national rights, while the Progressives were all over Austrian cock)
>muh evil industrialization, muh working class, hang all capitalists
>muh evil colonization, white man needs to pay
>truckloads of memes even socialist historians would disagree with
>lesson on scientific achievements of 20th century successfully shows the man hasn't finished a Chem 101, Physics 101 or Biology 101 classes in HS.
>so much cringe
>WW1, evil nationalism, muh bosniac Muslim fighters. muh džamija
>Armenian genocide, it happened, Turks are butthurt
>memes about WW1 even avowed Lacanian socialist Le Naour wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole (muh black meat shields)
>Italians r incompetent lol
>Peace treaty, teacher gets several things severely wrong (Japan on the losing side, wtf?)
>Hitler, somehow
>WW2 lol
>HOLCAUST
>SHOAH
>6 GORRILIONS NEVER FORGETTI
>Italians still incompetent
>muh Partizani&Domobranci
>actually painted the fight between Home Guard / JVvD / OF in a realistic manner, was pleasantly surprised
>cold war: on NATO and their lies
>independence war: the one thing we can be proud of, I guess

The biggest part was the lingering butthurt of our teacher towards everything STEM and military. He would often go into expansive rants on how maths are useless, Technology is for monkeys and military for retards.
Not a single lesson got by without him trying to somehow diss STEM.
I don't know they probably raped his mother or something.
t. Geologist
>>
>>990464
We learn nothing here desu
>>
Honestly the subject choice throughout grade school wasn't really flawed for me. The problem with burger education is more so the quality of the teachers and resources rather than the curriculum.

>state history
>revolutionary war
>civil war & abolotionism
>civil rights
>greece & rome
>middle ages
>mesopotamia
>revolutionary war again
>renaissance
>industrial revolution
>ww 1 & 2
>cold war
>civil war & civil rights again
>us political history
>>
>>983767
No history class.

Just a little national history in Social Studies and a little study of art movements in Literature class.

My school had a pretty narrow curriculum and mostly aimed to be the best in my countries standardized tests, which meant almost no deviations from the curriculum.

I'd have killed for a world history, linguistics (or foreign language that wasn't English) or advanced physics/math class (my three passions).
>>
>>995511
>>995578
what country
>>
File: mustresistspongebob.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mustresistspongebob.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>Be me in middle school
>Teacher also taught sociology and economy
>Be in economy class
>Talking about money and its functions
>Chapter opens with introduction to the origins of money.
>I asked teacher, "Where did paper money and banks come from?"
>She said that paper money and banks were made by European Jews to control money exchange between kingdoms
>Continues on saying that this is because Jews are evil and God made them this way
>tfw my teach belonged in /pol/
>mfw I can't punch her in the face
>>
>>996556
Not him, but he mentions Slovenia >>996556
>>
>>983767
>holocaust
>holocaust
>holocaust
>holocaust
>poor jews getting expelled out of nations
>holocaust
>holocaust
only class that didn't do this was one world history class literally taught by /pol/
>>
>>996661
your teacher was not incorrect
>>
>>996556
Slovenia
>>
File: 1439235182421.png (121 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1439235182421.png
121 KB, 300x300
>>997882
lmao slovenes don't even make 4% of the population in friuli
>>
File: dat statue ass.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
dat statue ass.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
>>983767

My high school history education

>WW1 causes/conditions for soldiers
>Suffragettes
>Development of Democracy and Welfare State in Britain
>Weimar Germany/Treaty of Versailles
>Unification Of Germany/Bismarck
>Rise of the Nazis
>Role the Scots played in developing the British Empire's colonies(I'm Scottish)
>Effects certain immigrant groups had on Scotland(the Irish, Italians, Lithuanians and Jews)

Was pretty good desu. Can't remember anything atrociously wrong, except for the typical 'Hitler hated anyone who didn't have blonde hair/blue eyes and hated the Jews for no real reason'
>>
File: the_julien_march_II.jpg (170 KB, 768x1019) Image search: [Google]
the_julien_march_II.jpg
170 KB, 768x1019
>>998083
>>
>>989682
Ontariofag here, basically this. Fuck, I barely remember anything aside from muh natives and muh confederation of the country.

I actually learned more about history from this one english teacher who kept bringing up themes from books we read and relating them to history. Mostly cold war stuff though.
>>
>>998174
>This isn't a city, no one is gonna check, better colour it red
>>
>>998220
>>
File: Ifel_20.jpg (30 KB, 429x455) Image search: [Google]
Ifel_20.jpg
30 KB, 429x455
>>998322
>directly corresponds to lowest population density areas
>>
File: Fascist_italianization.jpg (115 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
Fascist_italianization.jpg
115 KB, 500x699
>>998370
>deport people to Sardinia
>force people to emigrate to other countries
>NOBODY LIVES THERE ANYWAY :DDD
>>
>>998397
>map claims people live there
>they don't

>forced to speak italian in italy
>o fug another shoah we must genocide them
>>
I don't remember what history classes I took in freshman or sophomore year, but in junior year I took AP American History and it was actually surprisingly comprehensive, great textbook too.

Senior year I took Holocaust history and AP Art History. Holocaust was mostly just incorrect statistics and watching movies about WWII. All of the notes and worksheets were written by some weird jewish organization. AP Art History was also a very good class but it spent way too much time on very early art, like 6000 BC - 600 BC and not enough time on Renaissance onward
>>
>>983767
>History
Britbong here:

Romans during Primary school, then the tutors, then at GCSE it can split off into multiple different courses but my school had
>Hitler's rise to power
>Industrial revolution
>Depression and recovery

I developed a passion for history independent of school. The teachers were decent but never charismatic.
>>
>>983767
One of my professors was a Korean and son of an ambassador.
>mostly grew up in Austria
>was with his dad in Iran during the revolution
>was back in Austria and was able to take a train up to Berlin to watch the wall come down
>took part in the Korean revolution
Had him for ancient (mostly Greek/Roman) and medieval/early modern freshman courses.
>>
>>998397
shit, we were so apha back then
>>
File: Just.jpg (186 KB, 495x590) Image search: [Google]
Just.jpg
186 KB, 495x590
>>983767
Canada here.

The only mandatory history we cover here started with the settlement of Canada by Samuel de Champlain and ended with victory over Germany (round 2).

I'm glad I graduated before mandatory native cock sucking was implemented.
>>
Teacher talks about chapter we were at, we wrote down notes, he posed questions to us, then we read stuff in textbook including primary sources.

Our material was 50% world history 50% Hungarian history.

World history had some lackluster intro from ancient era to Greeks, stuff like Egypt, Mesopotamia or early China was dealt with in a few paragraph, but when it comes to Greeks and Romans it was quite detailed, from art history, mythology, governning systems, and of course wars and battles, and this kind of detail was upheld throughout medieval to modern era when it comes to Europe, mainly dealing with German lands, France, England, Russia, and some notes on Italy, Spain and Byzantines/Turks.

Everyone once in a while there was a chapter regarding the concering eras culture, economics, religion, society trends, like feudalism, trade leagues, mercantilism, the medieval city, papacy and so on. Some things like the investiture controversy got its own chapter.

The whole world history was eurocentric, there was a smaller chapter on rise of Islam and one medieval chapter that included India, China, Japan together, and this was repeared in the early modern and modern era, plus the US got 1-1 chapter of its own too.
>>
>>983767
Not bad movie is about one of Crimean Wars, "Served (in army) two guys" / "Sluzhili dva tovarishcha" (1968 Ussr). Only monarchists can consider the movie as bad.
>>
Bretty good, I slept through most of it, though. I went to a very good school though. What I honestly hated about is that it put way too much emphasis on national history (I'm from Hungary). I think history education should be more universal and a tad less West-centric. I'd have loved to know about ancient and medieval Asia/Middle East/Africa/America, but they were pretty much ignored, maybe the most important things had one class dedicated to them. Same goes for most of Dark Ages Europe, Northern Europe etc. Most emphasis was placed on the XVIII-XX. centuries. I get that this is due to the fact that the most relevant things happened in those periods and we should know what was the direct build-up to the point we are at now, but kids that age seldom think like that, and our culture and the way our education is presented and managed doesn't really encourage you to look for connections and think creatively, either. It would be more constructive IMO to make it actually interesting and fun instead of an enormous heap of data about less interesting topics that you are required to learn, burp up with extreme attention to nigh-meaningless details and forget utterly a week later.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.