[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird Culture and Location Combinations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 24
File: 1181px-Jewish_in_Russia.svg.png (338 KB, 1181x637) Image search: [Google]
1181px-Jewish_in_Russia.svg.png
338 KB, 1181x637
>Jewish Autonomous Oblast
Any other combinations of culture and location that you wouldn't expect?
>>
File: jewish-autonomous-oblast-flag.gif (8 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
jewish-autonomous-oblast-flag.gif
8 KB, 600x400
>that flag tho
>>
File: 1181px-Kalmykia_in_Russia.svg.png (339 KB, 1181x637) Image search: [Google]
1181px-Kalmykia_in_Russia.svg.png
339 KB, 1181x637
>Buddhists on the Caspian Sea
It's like there is a goddam cultural exchange going on.
>>
>>981470
Thats sick
>>
>>981434
Goths in Crimea until the 17th Century
>>
>>981434
It's actually pretty smart, taking off for bumfuck nowhere that no one cares about.

Contrast that with wedging yourself into the one of the most highly contested warzones in the world.
>>
>>981446
>Jewish Autonomous Oblast
>Looks like LGBT flag

typical
>>
>>981446

Like San Francisco - they have a very strong devotion to the Noahide Covenant.
>>
>>981434
Indians in East Africa today whose families have been there since before the Portuguese made it around the Cape. A lot of them kind of got purged out by the nationalist decolonization movements, but there's quite a few still around, especially in places like Zanzibar. It's not super surprising for those who understand the Indian Ocean World system, but for those uneducated on it, it's pretty weird.
>>
>>981622
>Indians in East Africa today whose families have been there since before the Portuguese made it around the Cape.

Is that where Freddie Mercury came from?
>>
>>981628
Freddie was Persian.
>>
>>981631
From Mozambique.
>>
>>981638
Zanzibar, but he was Persian.
>>
The huge, devout Christian population of South Korea always makes me do a double take.
>>
File: map-suriname.png (33 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
map-suriname.png
33 KB, 270x270
>Suriname
A very influential INDIAN culture in there.
>>
>>981470
the president of Kalmykia thinks that he was abducted by aliens and used to be leader of the International Chess Federation
>>
>>981434
>>981606
Why did the Jews even need to carve out land that largely belonged to Muslims when they already had a place where they could be culturally Jewish in peace?
>>
>>981709
Zion was originally in the Levant and they believe the Ark of the Covenant ordained them this land. Thus for the Zionist movement of the 20th century, they would only accept Israel/Palestine as their home. A few alternatives were offered though, notable the JAO in Russia and the island of Madagascar. Plus, Stalin got a little murdery when it came to Jews.
>>
>>981434
Magyar in Sudan
Black Caucasians
Black Indians
Maroons
Those ket people in Siberia who speak a language related to Na Dene languages
Dravidians in Afghanistan
Kalmyks
Malagasies
>>
>>981721
also this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Scheme
>>
File: May-Day-Parade-in-Tel-Aviv_1947.jpg (1 MB, 1899x2105) Image search: [Google]
May-Day-Parade-in-Tel-Aviv_1947.jpg
1 MB, 1899x2105
>>981721
> Stalin got a little murdery
Only after mostly pro-Soviet (nominally neutral) Israel switched sides and became US' fervent ally.
>>
>>981434
There's a random African tribe that links its cultural and ancestral heritage to the ancient Hebrews

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people
>>
>>982063
>Only after mostly pro-Soviet (nominally neutral) Israel switched sides and became US' fervent ally
Considering that happened after Stalin died, the answer here is a resounding no. Stalin got murdery in regards to Jews before WW2 even broke out and once war broke out he got REALLY murdery.
>>
>>982090
Okay. Full stop.

Stalin never was "murdery" whatever that means. He got anti-Zionist (i.e. against "must settle in Palestine") after Israel went Capitalist, and I have no idea wtf are you talking about if it's before WWII.
>>
>>981434

Armenians in Glendale, Basques in Idaho, Spanish Jews & French Huguenots in South Carolina, Chinese people in NYC, and there's dozens of others.
>>
Welsh in Argentina
>>
>>982128
How is that weird
>>
I live here so it doesn't sound weird, but What do you think about the Greatest Race In The World?
>>
>>981434
> Jews nowadays make barely 0.2% of the JAO's population
>>
>>982128
America buddy.
>>
Brazil holds the biggest population of ethnic Japanese outside of Japan.

>tfw no kawaii Japanese gf with big bunda
>>
>>982116
>Stalin never was "murdery" whatever that means
>what is the Great Purge
>who is Trotsky
First: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/murdery
Second, Stalin was pretty famous for murdering the fuck out of anyone he didn't like and Jews were no exception. They were a big part of the Great Purge and before the Soviet Union entered WWII, Stalin took a lot of the Jews that had settled in Eastern Europe and sent them to work or death camps in the East. Stalin was most certainly an antisemite well before Israel was even a country.

tl;dr
You need to educate yourself on Stalin and/or Jews in Russia.
>>
Amongst the sami people i have seen blue eyed blondes with slated oriental eyes as well as dark-skinned paki/tater-looking people with caucasian faces
>>
>>982502
I've played enough Victoria 2 to know that migration to South America was a Big Thing and it's not particularly surprising

Peru had a Japanese president too
>>
If ancient history counts, Celts in the midst of Anatolia.
>>
>>982116
>What was the doctor's plot
>>
>>982502
Canada has the largest population of Ukrainians outside of Ukraine and there are more Lebanese people in Brazil than Lebanon
>>
File: America-08.png (859 KB, 1139x1280) Image search: [Google]
America-08.png
859 KB, 1139x1280
>>982128
Melting pot, baby! Ain't nothing weird about it!
>>
File: AinuManStilflied.jpg (789 KB, 889x1076) Image search: [Google]
AinuManStilflied.jpg
789 KB, 889x1076
In northern japan, there is a minority group of people with brown hair called the Ainu. thyve inhabited Hokkaido for thousands of years, and according to a book i read yesterday, they are caucasian.
>>
Indians in Fiji
Confederados in Brazil
Poles in Haiti
Portuguese in Luxembourg
>>
>>983030
They aren't Caucasian, they are Asian. They certainly have some Caucasian looking features though. I heard they are a continuation of the Jomon culture.
>>
>>983164
I know about Americana, but Poles in Haiti? Can you elaborate?
>>
File: germany-migrants_arrival-ap759.jpg (51 KB, 759x422) Image search: [Google]
germany-migrants_arrival-ap759.jpg
51 KB, 759x422
>>
>>983164
>Poles in Haiti
Desire to know more intensifies.
>>
File: 800px-Socotra_satview.jpg (107 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
800px-Socotra_satview.jpg
107 KB, 800x593
The 'native' people were pre-Catholic Christian tribes.
>>
>>981606
It was more like Russians deciding that rather then keeping their Jews in a series highly contested warzones, they shipped them off to bumfuck nowhere. Favorite tactic of Stalin. Related to that, and OP:

Koreans in Kazahkstan.
>>
>>982590
One of the mythical colonizations of Ireland originating from Spain, was considered as fact in the 1600-1700s, to the point that when all foreign nationals within the Spanish kingdom were required to give a pledge of loyalty to the crown during time of war, only the Irish were exempt.
>>
>>983186
>>983191
Napoleon sent a bunch of Polish soldiers to reassert control after the revolution and they settled there
>>
>>983204
Napoleonic Europe, so bad you'd immigrate to Hati
>>
>>983213
>>983204
Haiti was actually pretty nice until the civil war.
>>
>>983213
"Casales has no electricity, no phone, no running water, no nurse, no cars, no school, and now no church. There are no shops, nor is there a central square. Even the graveyard with all Polish names on the headstones is semi-abandoned: people are buried near their homes, the grave marked by two sticks for a cross.One wonders how on earth hundreds of European officers and men with origins in the sophisticated culture of early eighteenth-century Poland were apparently incapable of forming a more advanced rural society. We noticed, too, that every one of the few faces around us was as dark as Haitians anywhere else. There was not a breath of wind, and the children watched us in complete silence as if taking part in a 1960s-style documentary on tribal origins.

[...]

La Polonie has been but a vague concept for generations. [...] All that remains is a dance they call the polka, and those Slav features [...] that seem so out of place among the banana plantations and Africa-style huts."

-- "Lost White Tribes", Riccardo Orizio
>>
>>983223
Except for all the slavery and death.
>>
>>983254
WE NEED TO SAVE THEM
>>
>>982504
>what is the Great Purge
Exactly. Go read some actual information about it, not memes.

> Trotsky
Killed after a decade of exile, during WWII. Let's not pretend this was something unthinkably homicidal.

> Second, Stalin was pretty famous for murdering the fuck out of anyone he didn't like
Earth was pretty famous for being flat.

> Jews were no exception.
Moving goalposts? The anon stated that Jews were special.

> death camps in the East
USSR had not death camps, you doofus.

> Stalin was most certainly an antisemite well before Israel was even a country.
Sure he was. Worse than Hitler. Heil Hitler, by the way.
>>
>>983312
t. r/fullcommunism
>>
File: russian fairy tales.png (562 KB, 726x649) Image search: [Google]
russian fairy tales.png
562 KB, 726x649
>>983312
Vatnik please...
>>
>>983312
Are you fucking retarded? Are we being trolled? Its a well known god damn fact that Stalin killed more people than Hitler. Just because Unlce Joe is your favorite leader 4evar, doesnt mean he wasn't the most genocidal son of a bitch ever to walk this planet next to Mao.

>Holodomor
>>
>>981641
>Pyongyang had a 30% Christian population

Of course, they are gone now.
>>
File: Export27-33.jpg (528 KB, 1810x1363) Image search: [Google]
Export27-33.jpg
528 KB, 1810x1363
>>983382
>Stalin killed more people than Hitler
>not counting the civilian and POW deaths directly attributable to Nazi forces as Hitler's kills
>unquestionably counting the Holodomor even though the deliberation of it is questionable
>>
>>982024
Given how Uganda dealt with the other "market-dominant minority" it's probably a good thing they abandoned that plan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_Asians_from_Uganda
>>
File: Keiko_Fujimori_PERU.jpg (1 MB, 1888x2310) Image search: [Google]
Keiko_Fujimori_PERU.jpg
1 MB, 1888x2310
>>982534
And his daughter is about to be get elected too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiko_Fujimori#2016_presidential_elections
>>
>>983382
> Its a well known god damn fact that Stalin killed more people than Hitler.

It's okay Goebbels-sama. We will win this war.
>>
>>983411
And her main opponent is a Polish Jewish economist/banker.
What a meme election.
>>
>>983394
>>983415
t. r/fullcommunism
>>
>>983422
Nah, I don't like North Korea. Don't even really like Stalin all that much (though I occasionally defend him); I'm actually a bit of a Tsarist, myself. That said, I have yet to be convinced that there was deliberate intent in the famine of 1932-1933. As the archival data I posted earlier shows, the exports of foodstuffs were smaller than in the previous years.
>>
>>982487
10/10 would be one of the 30+ ethnic groups there.
>>
File: Traianus_Glyptothek_Munich_336.jpg (2 MB, 1683x2420) Image search: [Google]
Traianus_Glyptothek_Munich_336.jpg
2 MB, 1683x2420
>>983312
This fucking guy
>>
File: 1458942379985.png (420 KB, 743x545) Image search: [Google]
1458942379985.png
420 KB, 743x545
>>981608
>God's most beautiful creation was hijacked by faggots to celebrate HIV
>>
File: Malagasy_girls_Madagascar_Merina.jpg (954 KB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Malagasy_girls_Madagascar_Merina.jpg
954 KB, 4288x2848
Madagascar in it's entirety is a weird culture and location combination.

The Malagasy people are mixed Borneo/Bantu and they speak the only Austronesian language in Africa
>>
>>983546
Well, maybe they shouldn't have been oppressed. Then they'd have felt no need to make an identity out of it. If you don't like the current homosexual subculture, well you can take comfort in the fact it's the direct fault of bigots.
>>
>>983546
I'd like to point out that the faggot version has 6 colours. Just like those adidas knockoffs with 4 stripes.
>>
>>981647

>Suriname
>A very influential INDIAN culture in there.

Indonesian.
>>
>>983665
It's the largest Bornean-speaking nation even.
>>
>>983431
Russians have to be the most un-informed people in history. Holodomor is widely accepted as a man-made famine and has been confirmed by ex-Soviet records.

>Nazi for saying Stalin killed more than Hitler
K Vatnik. Tsarsim is also terrible, but ok. Continue the failure that you call a "country".
>>
>>981709
Siberia is fucking cold goy
>>
>>983394
Literally could say anything, please post english source.
>>
File: Austronesian-big.jpg (141 KB, 1090x461) Image search: [Google]
Austronesian-big.jpg
141 KB, 1090x461
>>983665
i think its cool how these people sailed all the way into africa
>>
>>983669
Yeah sure, gays have totally no accountability for their sub culture
>>
>>984206
The fuck do you mean by this?
>>
>>984103
Not him but it lists various agriciltural/primary industry exports of the USSR by year, grain cultures listed at the top. You have tonnes and thousands of rubles under each year.
>>
>>981734
>Black Caucasians
What?
>>
The amount of basque in St. Pierre and Miquelon is kind of surprising, though I guess those guys got all over the Atlantic world due to fishing settlements.
>>
>>984088
>The largest ethnic group are the East Indians, who form 27 percent of the population. They are descendants of 19th-century contract workers from India, hailing mostly from the modern Indian states of Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh along the Nepali border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname#Demographics

Het is overduidelijk dat je Nederlands bent, maar je moet je feiten even duidelijk op een rijtje hebben voordat je zulke shit zegt.
>>
>>982116
>Stalin never was "murdery" whatever that means
Okay. Full stop.
What is Stalinism?
What are the purges?
What is the Holodomor?
What is the Gulag?

I want amateur historians to stop spewing nonsense. It's cool you're interested in the subject and all, but please, lurk more.
>>
>>984319
Not him, but he's saying that the gays allowed their "Hedonistic" culture to develop, like african americans today allowed modern hip hop culture to develop. While I do agree with you that its reactionary, it does the lgbt community more harm than good acting the way they do at parades.
>>
>>982487
MILF
>>
>>984479
>What is Stalinism?
>What are the purges?
>What is the Holodomor?
>What is the Gulag?
revisionist nonsense you fucking Trotskyite Jew
>>
>>984479
This.
>>
File: ainu.png (3 MB, 1770x1461) Image search: [Google]
ainu.png
3 MB, 1770x1461
>>983030
>>983183
And they grow bad ass beards
>>
File: polish haitian.jpg (127 KB, 860x580) Image search: [Google]
polish haitian.jpg
127 KB, 860x580
>>983191
>>983204
Some of them still have some distinct Slavic features if you ask me.
>>
>>984418
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abkhazians_of_African_descent
>>
File: vatnews.jpg (62 KB, 567x438) Image search: [Google]
vatnews.jpg
62 KB, 567x438
>>984490
>>
>>984097
What record confirms it?
>>
>>984506
Holy fuck
>>
>>984528
"On 27 April 2010, a draft Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe resolution declared the famine was caused by the "cruel and deliberate actions and policies of the Soviet regime" and was responsible for the deaths of "millions of innocent people" in Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Russia.[125] Even though PACE found Stalin guilty of causing the famine, it rejected several amendments to the resolution, which proposed the Holodomor be recognized as an act of genocide against the Ukrainian people.[131]"
I'm going to trust experts over some fucking Vatnik who doesnt even have a 5th grade understanding of history.
>>
Germans in Namibia.

Maybe not all that strange because of the white emigration to Southern Africa back in the day, but the Germans retained their language and still a sizeable chunk of Namibia's white population still uses German to this day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Namibians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_language_in_Namibia
>>
>>984484
Kinda this, but first of all I meant that the statement that gays have no direct responsibility for the current gay culture is dumb.
>>
File: 800px-Menonite_Children.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Menonite_Children.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
Mennonites in places like Belize.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonites_in_Belize
>>
>>984490
>i'll use insults instead of facts to counter the argument
vatnik detected
>>
>>984552
What records? I asked for records confirming the intent of creating a famine, not a resolution from a parliament in 2010. If there is even so much as a letter from Stalin or any other official confirming it, I will accept that I have been wrong for many years on the issue, but I have come across nothing. In fact, I have even come across records of food aid given to the Ukrainian SSR.
>>
>>984648
You're playing the role of typical vatnik really well, famalam, I have to admit. 9/10 almost had me fooled there for a second.
>>
>>984717
Well, I'm not a Vatnik, really; just someone with a great interest in Russian, and particularly Soviet history (as a result, I have lots of things concerning it, though much of it is just raw data like the sheet I posted earlier).
>>
>>982140
How is that weird? Millions of European immigrants came to Argentina.
>>
Japanese in Brazil
Sikhs in Italy
>>
>>984121
aint the other way around? Nig nogs moved from africa to India and then to Oceania?
>>
>>984865
pretty sure they originated from taiwan or indonesia
>>
>>984817
Aren't there also an insane amount of (primarily) christian Lebanese people in Brazil?
>>
>>984558
>Surprised that former colonists still exist in a former colonial holding where they genocided the majority of the local population
Are you stupid?
>>
>>985252
Namibia is still like 99% black senpai
>>
>>985278
7% white, 8% colored which makes it pretty comparable to South Africa
>>
>>981734
>Those ket people in Siberia who speak a language related to Na Dene languages

Dené–Yeniseian is not an agreed upon languages family though.
>>
>>982504
youre a dorable
>>
File: 6810_cesario_verde.jpg (8 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
6810_cesario_verde.jpg
8 KB, 166x250
>>983546
go away /pol/
>>
>>984892
Yes, and they're 10 times worse than jews here.
>>
>>981434
Fucktonnes Koreans in central Asia because they were all moved from Vladivostok to break up the Korean national identity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_of_Koreans_in_the_Soviet_Union
>>
>>984558
>>985252
>>985297
This talk of white Namibians reminds me of those guys on cripplechan trying to build a neo-nazi colony there.
>>
Australoids in Americas
Celts in China
Australoids/Veddoids in Europe (Dravids) aka Gypsies
>>
>>984494
> they grow bad ass beards
That's because when the emperor or whatever banned the consumption of meat these guys were so remote that no one bothered to enforce the law. So rather than existing on tofu and rice these guys ate red meat and root vegetables (since that's all that grew in their harsh climate) Its reason as to why they were considered savages, never mind the ritual bear sacrifices. Even today they drop the A in their name and call them "inu" the Japanese word for dog.
>>
>>983665
MADAGASCAR IS ASEAN.

REMOVE NEGRO.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.