[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man is born evil. Man can only overcome this through love and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: prophet.png (19 KB, 560x645) Image search: [Google]
prophet.png
19 KB, 560x645
Man is born evil. Man can only overcome this through love and dedication to others, and something greater than itself.
>>
>>981269
>Man is born evil.
Where are the proofs?
>>
Define evil.
>>
>>981272
memes.

(as in, the selfish gene)
>>
File: 6342322.jpg (67 KB, 594x390) Image search: [Google]
6342322.jpg
67 KB, 594x390
Nothing is greater than ownness.
>>
File: prophet2.png (32 KB, 760x645) Image search: [Google]
prophet2.png
32 KB, 760x645
>>981275
Evil is when one takes away from another, whether this be nature or another. Evil is when one destroys nature. Evil is when man destroys man.
>>
File: stirn.jpg (13 KB, 214x283) Image search: [Google]
stirn.jpg
13 KB, 214x283
>>981304
So many spooks in one post.
>>
>>981269
No one is born evil unless they're evil as infants (which, of course, is impossible, as infants lack the qualities, will, and capabilities for evil).

>>981319
There's only one spook tho
>>
>>981269
If humans are born evil, then why we are able to love and value others? How we are able to do good deeds?
>>
>>981319
Spooks are a spook.
>>
>>981269
Good and Evil are illusory creations of mind.
>>
>>981269
Man being inherently evil is a paradox, as if he is evil, then the things he considers good are evil, too. Taking the thought a little further, you will find that in that case the whole good-evil scale dissolves and loses its meaning. Not that this is-man-good-or-evil discourse ever bore much meaning at any point.
>>
Man has in him the capacity to act visciously or virtuously. Good and evil exist objectively, outside the nature of man.
>>
we are born good and pure
take a look at children
they dont lie, they dont harm anyone until they start to learn from adults

your memes are shit and you just want an excuse for your shitty behaviour
not funny lads, be good
or perish
>>
>>982843
>they dont lie, they dont harm anyone until they start to learn from adults
http://www.cracked.com/article_18404_6-shockingly-evil-things-babies-are-capable-of.html
Ok, it's from cracked, but the studies like have been repeated, with similar results..
>>
>>981579
Explain pls
>>
>>982920
People separate what they like from what they dislike and claim that their likes and dislikes can be classified according to a schema of "good" and "bad".

i.e. People generally don't like the idea of being killed but the error in thinking is claiming that such a dislike is anything more than a dislike.
>>
>>981269
define evil and greater
>>
>>981304
Prove that any of these are evil.
>>
What is good?
>>
>>982843
I wish

Asshole named Adeem(sic) from bosnia would bully me because I wouldn't fight back...until I did. Even while I was kicking his ass I made sure he wouldn't fall on a rock or get filthy in the dirt because I represented civilization and righteous but measured retaliation. Based Milosevic should've been more thorough.
>>
>>983607
what you decide is a positive thing for you and/or the people around you. Though it can also apply to large groups definition of what is a positive thing (i.e. makes everything better)

i.e. it is totally subjective.

I can think that genocide is good for me and/or the people around me for whatever reason, and for me that is considered good because of my individual (or societal) rationale of the impact and the cost
>>
>>981278
>the selfish gene
>has no idea what selfish genes even are
>>
>>981269
>evil

Spooky
>>
>>981269
Some men are born good. Some men are born evil. Most are born with a little of both in them. Through their interactions with others in society, the good and the evil in their natures can grow or wither
>>
>>981269
t. Li Si
>>
>>981269
Man is born spiritually dead. Man cannot spring to life on his own efforts. Christianity 101.
>>
File: 0227Dawkins[1].jpg (52 KB, 450x215) Image search: [Google]
0227Dawkins[1].jpg
52 KB, 450x215
>>981278
>memes
>something your born with
>>
>>990887
You do inherit the previous generations memes.
>>
Evil is subjective.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.