[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/ started this thread on /biz/ and they directed me here,so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: random-image.jpg (22 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
random-image.jpg
22 KB, 250x175
Hey /his/ started this thread on /biz/ and they directed me here,so I need your recommendation on the best book about Economic history, something that really gives an extensive walk through of the development of economic thought from the beginning of social groups to contemporary times with as little bias as possible.
>>
why do you need it
just might as well state your assignment question directly
>>
>>979135
not for any assignment, I need it for my own personal research and I couldn't find a decent book on Google so I had hoped the intellectuals of 4chan could point me in the right direction.
>>
>>979149
Slow board is slow. Your expert will pop up in a bit. Please take a number.
>>
>>979149
Well there's not going to be "a book" that deals with such a broad topic, unless it's a topic. Do you mean the development of capitalism directly? Do you strictly mean "economic thought" or how economic development is played out in X [Western] context
>>
>>
>>979157
sure, feel free to use this thread for the discussion of economics in a historic context in the meantime.
>>
>>979106
Try Fernand Braudel's 'Civilization and Capitalism'

Not as broad, but it does cover a lot of good ground.
>>
>>979174
What I would appreciate is a book that gives the history of economics from it's inception to this day in as much detail as possible, going through what the economy is, how it developed, how modern economist look at it,explanation of the different kinds of economic thought, and a review of historicaly significant economic events such as the Wall Street Crash Of 1929 and an analysis on how such things happen and their implication on economics in general, I do hope I was specific enough.
>>
>>979178
This looks adequate, thanks anon.
>>979214
just to clarify it doesn't necessarily have to be just one book but I'd rather keep it as simple as possible while answering all of the questions I've raised above.
>>
>>979214
I think you're confusing "economy" with "capitalism" most of the time.
>>
>>979231
no I mean the concept of economic structure in human societal groups through history, including and not limited to capitalism.
>>
>>979258
David Graeber's book Debt might interest you more than anything else mentioned in this thread since he spends most of it discussing economic models and thought from an anthropological/historical perspective. Then you can use any textbook on the development of economics as a discipline for the modern era.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.