[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
I have a few questions about Christianity. Who were the wives of Adam & Eve's sons, Cain, Abel and Seth? Were the sibling marriages allowed back then or I'm dumb?
>>
Pope says don't question it, so don't.

t. catholic cuck
>>
>>978817
i'm not catholic
>>
Adam and Eve had about 50 children in the end, they were genetically perfect so the usual danger of inbreeding wasn't there. Sibling relations were allowed out of necessity

It doesn't really matter since Genesis isn't supposed to be a literal historical account
>>
>>978857
why there is such no information about others? (i mean their children)
>>
>>978864
Because only Cain and Abel were worthy of note.
>>
>>978808

You're dumber than a rock.

First the world was already populated (albeit by the people of the devil), second fucking your mom isn't a sin, nor is gathering carnal pleasure any kind of sin.

Sins in the bible are made up bullshit by satan.

Satan hates mankind, so all that makes us good and holy, he disagrees with and wants us like pussies.
>>
>>979066

Just consider this: who is the hero of the story?

a) Guy walks into gang of rapists of a female, washes their feet, greets them correctly, smiles and loves them, kisses their foreheads, gives them alms, and offers the other cheek when mocked and hit.
b) Guy kills them and gets sucked off by the damsel.
>>
>>978808
Daughters of Adam and Eve. Of course, Abel never survived to marry.

We all come from Adam and Eve, and later, from Noah and his wife.
>>
>>978864
I can't vouch for the source, but this is interesting:

Interestingly, two ancient books written about the time of Christ but not having the authority of inspired Scripture confirm these figures. The Book of Jubilees, whose author is unknown, was written in the second century B.C. and states that Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Paradise seven years [p.49]. Then Eve gave birth to her first child, Cain, between the ages of 64-70, or the same numbers as the age of the Earth, anno mundi. Eve's second child, Abel, was born seven years later – between the years 71-77 anno mundi [p.51]. The total number of Adam's children is not given in this work; however, it is found as a footnote in The Works of Josephus where it states: "The number of Adam's children, as says the old tradition, was 33 sons and 23 daughters." In view of their longevity, these appear to be reasonable figures while it would have to be said that, sinners though they were, Adam and Eve had faithfully obeyed God's first commission to: "be fruitful and multiply …" [
>>
>>979074
a., because only God can be a.
>>
>>978808
Genesis is not a literal retelling of the birth of man
>>
>>979110
> because only God can be a.
b, because only a hero can be b

now is there a better argument that you have?
>>
>>978857
>genetically perfect so the usual danger of inbreeding wasn't there
this is nonsensical and doesn't follow how genes work
>>
>>979074
Literally almost the same thing happens in the bible with Mary magdalene, stop using straw men.
>>
File: mfwChristfagsProselytizing.gif (4 MB, 380x280) Image search: [Google]
mfwChristfagsProselytizing.gif
4 MB, 380x280
>>
>>978808
This thread seems appropriate, I have a question about Christianity, any answers would be nice.

So this is coming from someone with essentially no knowledge of christianity at all, so bear with me. Here's a 'pre'-question:

Heaven is paradise right? So would what humans consider to be really enjoyable things on Earth translate over to heaven? i.e. good food, sex, fine art, relaxation, beautiful landscapes, music, chilling with friends etc. I'm particularly interested in whether or not sex is okay/allowed/encouraged/enjoyed in heaven.

If the answer is yes, Earthly pleasures continue in heaven, then that leads on to my primary question: How would a paedophile, who has never molested or hurt a child in any way fair in heaven?

Of course there is a difference between paedophilia and child molestation, so hypothetically if someone is a paedophile (i.e. they are sexually attracted to children, something which is no more their fault than someone being gay and which they cannot change in much the same way) but has never molested a child, firstly would they be allowed into heaven? And secondly, would they be allowed sex with children (either real or essentially perfect simulacra) if earthly pleasures are continued into heaven?

For all intents and purposes they have suffered their whole life not being able to fulfil their sexual desires, does this not count towards some reparation in heaven?
>>
>>979263
no it doesn't? what verse do you have in mind?
>>
>>979193
Of course it is.
>>
>>979218
Anybody can be b. You can be b. And you ain't no hero.
>>
>>979285
Anyone who harms a child will not want to meet Jesus.
>>
File: assposter.jpg (21 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
assposter.jpg
21 KB, 432x288
>>979292
you are too far gone.
>>
>>979299
did you read my post? I specifically mentioned that this person never molested or harmed a child, they just happened to be sexually attracted to them
>>
>>979317
gen·e·sis
ˈjenəsəs/
noun
the origin or mode of formation of something.
>>
>>979320
I was reviled by your post. Please forgive me. I will attempt to give you a better response.

Christianity is the confession that Jesus is Lord, that He is God, and that He rose from the dead having paid for the sins of the world. All of the sins of the world. Including the sins that hurt children. Jesus took all of those sins onto Himself, suffered the wrath of God for all of them, and then died, bearing them all into the grave.

You are not barred from heaven by your sins, or by your temptations, but by your unbelief. You are barred from heaven because you are spiritually dead, and there is no place for the dead in the Kingdom of God. The dead get separated out into the lake of fire.

Because Jesus took your sins, and my sins, and the sins of the world onto Himself, God in His mercy and grace offered mankind the free gift of His salvation; He offers Himself.

If you confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud, that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. The Holy Spirit will enter into you, and resurrect you to eternal life.

And drive out the demons tormenting you.

If this is what you want, declare to the universe that Jesus is your Lord, knowing He rose from the dead, right now.

And know that heaven is better than anything you can imagine, because God promised us that, and God always keeps His promises.
>>
>>979381
that didn't answer anything, that's just a load of proselytising bull
>>
>>979390
If you will not do what is necessary to gain entry into heaven, your questions concerning heaven are moot.
>>
>>979399
so basically you won't answer any hypothetical questions about christianity unless it's a christian asking them?
>>
>>979390
What did you expect from a Christcuck?
>>
>>979404
I did answer, and you glossed right over it.

Heaven is better than you can imagine because God made us that promise, and He keeps His word.

Likewise, hell is worse than you can imagine, and as you show no inclination to be transformed into a living being, your eternity stretches out before you in dark fire.
>>
>>979410
The truth. What does anyone expect from someone who posts "Christcuck"?
>>
>>979421
>my mythical stories are real because a book said so

This is /his/, I think you belong on:
>>>/trash/
>>>/a/nywherebuthere
>>
>>978808
It doesn't matter because it's all myth.
>>
>>979427

I like it here at /His Story/, thanks.
>>
File: ONE.jpg (5 KB, 236x229) Image search: [Google]
ONE.jpg
5 KB, 236x229
>>979399
>entry into heaven

You only get this one life and that's it.
What's my proof? Every dead corpse. Have you ever seen a dead human body? I have, and it looks exactly like a dead animal. In Iraq, I saw dead children. No spirit flew out of them to heaven. Nothing. Just dead.

Heaven is cute thing human beings dance around in their head, consistently reinforced by circular logic of a self proclaimed holy book. But the reality is, when you're dead, you're dead. What is this like? Probably much like how it was before you were born, a non-being state.

When you've seen enough dead human beings, and notice how they look exactly like other dead creatures, lifeless, nothing special, then you know there is nothing to come. We are just a tiny life form spinning around on a tiny blue planet with other billions of solar systems, billions of galaxies, billions of galaxies. We are so fucking insignificant it becomes comical.

But the Christians here are going to tell you that THEY KNOW who created it all; the fucking balls on these guys, the arrogance.

Furthermore, they aren't just going to tell you THEY KNOW, but they have a personal relationship. Again, the lack of humility is profound.

There is no difference between a dead guy on the side of the road, and a dead dog. When you've seen enough dead bodies, you see it's all the same.
>>
>>978857

" The practice of some subsequent nations of permitting the royal families, supposedly descended from the gods, to marry brother to sister, dates from the traditions of the Adamic offspring — mating, as they must needs, with one another."

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-74-adam-and-eve
>>
>>978808
Pretty much any Christian who wants their faith to have a shred of credibility agrees that the Adam and Eve stuff is allegorical.
>>
>>978857
>It doesn't really matter since Genesis isn't supposed to be a literal historical account
*Isn't considered to be a literal account... anymore :^)
>>
>>979294
>Anybody can be b
psh

anybody can be a chump and get slapped around by some rapists. your god is a chump, and so are you, chumpy
>>
>>979285
The joy in heaven isn't really like on earth.
Heaven is infinitely great, and any earthly pleasure is not.
Being in Heaven is being in communion with God, who is infinitely great.
There is no carnal pleasures in heaven, or rather, there is no need for them; God suffices.
When it comes to sex as you asked, we know that sex outside of marriage is a sin. In Matt. 22:23-33, God tells us that in heaven we won't be married (marriage is "until death do us apart", and to come to Heaven you have to die first).
So since in Heaven you aren't married and having sex outside marriage is a sin, you can't have sex in Heaven.
>>
>>979517
So in other words, everything that makes life on Earth pleasurable is banned in Heaven: instead, we get to worship God for eternity. An eternal church service.

Hell sounds better.
>>
>>979454
Sorry, snowflake, that might mean something to someone else, but you're talking to a USMC combat vet who rode down the road to hell coming out of Kuwait.

You think it's arrogant to believe God, and be adopted by God, but the real arrogance is setting yourself up over God to be the arbiter of reality.

And the reality is that you're a sick fuck.

When you're ready to deal with that, Jesus is ready to deal with you.
>>
>>979481
Then you and I are allegorical, as we come from them.

No christian is looking for a lost and condemned world to approve of them; if they are, it's a red flag. Friendship with the world is enmity with God.
>>
>>979525
What did you just say, you little bitch?
>>
>>979534
No memes, friend, only truth.
>>
>Christcucks actually believe the supposed omnipotent and omniscient perfect Creator of the Universe had nothing better to do than pick sides in petty tribal warfare between peoples living in a desert backwater
>>
File: High-on-Jesus.jpg (55 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
High-on-Jesus.jpg
55 KB, 640x360
>>978808
Look at that Mushroom cap. Jesus high as fuck.
>>
>>979556
He does as He wills.
>>
>>979564
>"It's magic, I don't have to explain shit"

The famous Christian ""scholastic"" tradition.
>>
>>979568
He took for Himself a people in the OT, and He's taking for Himself a people in the New. You can hop on board, or not. Your choice.
>>
>>979525
What division? What Unit?
>>
>>979572
No substance, literally "God's mysterious ways, can't explain."

No thanks, you can keep your shitty legends to yourself, and I'll remind you to not spread that shit in public or try to force others to live according to them.
>>
>>979597
No thanks.
>>
>>979607
You're literally an idiot.

There are a lot of people.

God is taking some of them to heaven. The rest are going to hell. If you want to be taken to heaven, you have to ask. You have to surrender. You have to be adopted, and become a living being for the first time in your life.

Not telling people this is literally watching them march blindly to their death.
>>
>>979618
>God is taking some of them to heaven. The rest are going to hell. If you want to be taken to heaven, you have to ask. You have to surrender. You have to be adopted, and become a living being for the first time in your life.

Prove it. Accept the same burden of proof as anyone making any other claim. Stand by your words and proselytize properly like someone who actually values their faith or admit to being a troll.
>>
>>979625
I already did. >>979381
>>
>>979609
What's your MOS?

SV piece of shit.
>>
>>979625
You're not going to change his mind. That's how dogma works. Accept facts that you decide then and there are perfect and will never be improved. It's all pointless. The religious mind is a steel trap that takes careful nuance and nudges to sink into.
>>
>>979636
You do know you're on an Anonymous board, yes? Phishing for my info is not okay with me.
>>
>>979644
Another idiot is heard from. When did idiocy become a virtue?
>>
>>979647
Further proving my point, lovely.
>>
>>979645
Calling me the special snowflake when clearly you are a fucking lying piece of shit.
>>
>>979285
>Heaven is paradise right? So would what humans consider to be really enjoyable things on Earth translate over to heaven?
I think you have a very pop-cultural view of Heaven, as a sort of "hedonist reward for good works".

In most Christian doctrine it is understood that creation is "fallen", so the desires that man has now are imperfect or affected by the curse of sin in some way, which is caused by separation from God. Sinful man is also condemned to eternal death (or torment, but I won't get into the question of the nature of Hell here and leave that to better theologians than I).

The basic idea is that Jesus Christ offered up his life as a sacrifice to atone for human sin, and thus allow humans to once again be in God's presence, if they are willing to accept it. Heaven is spending an eternity in God's presence, who as humanity's Creator is able to fulfill their true needs that people attempt to fill with their desires. There is an implication as well throughout the New Testament that an eternity with God will also be accompanied by some sort of physical and/or mental transformation.

It's "paradise", but not in the hedonistic sense that pop-culture tends to think about it.
>>
>>979652
He wants to know if he's going to be supplied with little children to have sex with in heaven.
>>
>>979650
I have not lied to you once. I have no interest in having people on 4chan learn of my identity. Maybe you shouldn't either.
>>
File: baitthemindkiller.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
baitthemindkiller.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>979659
In that case, no. The idea is that the root of human earthly desire is to fill a part of themselves that only God can fill, and those desires are in turn warped by sin. Christianity asserts that God can and will transform those desires in the believer.
>>
>>979517
I'm sure being in communion with god is great and all, but what is wrong with enjoying earthly pleasures as well? I mean you have eternity, taking a few hundred years here or there to explore the depths of sexuality means nothing in the billions and trillions of aeons you have in heaven. Honestly this guy makes a good point>>979523, having everything that makes mortal life good be banned seems kinda shitty.
>>
>>979663
You fucking lying sack of shit, nothing I asked you would give your identity away. You should know that. You just don't answer the fucking questions because you are a stolen valor shit stain.
>>
>>979675
Just wanted to let you know who you were dealing with.

Funny Dune pic. Would steal.
>>
>>979663
>he thinks giving out his division or unit number would let others "find out" his identity

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>979684
Branch.
Unit.
Stationed.
MOS.

Fuck you.
>>
>>979652
so I've been a good person in life, I don't harm people, I do unto others as I would like done to me etc. I've just never been convinced by anything supernatural/religious/spiritual or whatever. My wife is christian and she tells me I'm going to heaven regardless of whether or not I believe in god, so long as I live a good life. My wife is basically all I live for, but in heaven we're going to be forcefully separated? Why? That seems cruel. Can't god share?
>>
>>979690
Post your contact info.
>>
No matter how much Christcucks argue, in the end, all their arguments can be summed up with the following:

>"It's real because my book says so."

Invariably.
>>
>>979695
Your wife is wrong. Jesus is sharp as a two edged sword, and will cut between you and your wife, unless you repent and are saved.

And honestly, once you're saved, make sure your wife is. Her theology is wrong.
>>
>>979699
"It's true because God says so" would have been better.
>>
>>979698
Kill yourself first.
>>
>>979711
Yeah, not so easy when it's you, is it.

If you're not going to repent, you are going to do evil.
>>
>>979713
>"it's real because my book says so"

lol
>>
>>979716
Everything properly in the bible is true. You can know that now, or you can know that later.
>>
File: big_1410762425_1389051075_image.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big_1410762425_1389051075_image.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>979706
>her theology is wrong
>my made up beliefs are right and her made up beliefs are wrong
>>
>>979720
It is.
>>
File: 654783962489.gif (576 KB, 400x213) Image search: [Google]
654783962489.gif
576 KB, 400x213
>>979725
>acknowledging that his beliefs are entirely made up
>>
>>979733
>"your theology is wrong and only mine is right."

Christcucks in a nutshell.
>>
>>979733
>her theology is wrong.

It is.
>>
>>979719
>Everything properly in the bible is true.

Wrong.
>>
>>979719
how about you prove it to me now
>>
>>979737
How do you look at yourself in the mirror and post "Christcucks" a hundred times a day?
>>
>>979719
>You can know that now, or you can know that later.

Is that a threat? Gee, you christians are such lovely people...
>>
>>979743
Right.

>>979744
2 Peter 3
... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

That's you. Willfully denying the creation and the flood, and scoffing that Jesus will ever come back.

You're in the bible.
>>
>>979747
How do you look at yourself in the mirror and post "I'm right you're wrong" all day every day?
>>
Original sin is a myth and Jesus died for nothing.
>>
>>979753
You can meet Jesus now, or you can see Him later.

Either way, your knee will bend, and your tongue will confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord.
>>
>>979719
ever worn clothing of two different materials? of course you have

you're in the shit with god now buddy, just like the rest of us
>>
>>979677
It's not so much that it is banned, it's more that it is not necessary. If you already had, say, the best phone in the world, why would you want landline?
In the same sense, if you had the greatest thing ever, God, why would you want something not as great, sex?
When it comes to, as you say, what makes mortal life good, I'd argue that, from a Christian viewpoint, God is what makes our life good.
>>
>>979757
I don't know why you think being right bothers me; I agree with God, and He's always right.
>>
>>979756
come back to me when it prophecies specific dates and names
>>
>>979763
You can make the death of Jesus mean nothing for you, and then you can pay the price thereof.

You can't make it go away.
>>
>>979765
I'm a Jew 3500 years ago in Israel?

Rest assured that when Jesus clothes me, it will be with royal linen.
>>
>>979775
Jesus never existed.
>>
>>979768
Why would I even want God, when I have never known God? How can I love him, if he's never actually been there?

I love the things I know because they have been dependable and have been there for me. God would not be the "Greatest" thing for me, because his impact on me is negligible. I've never even spoken with him - or he to me - but you want me to think that somehow is company is the greatest's in the world?

No, no thanks.
>>
>>979771
Sure. 483 years to the day from Daniel prophesying that the Messiah would be revealed, and cut off, Jesus the Messiah entered Jerusalem, and was cut off.

483 years to the day on a 600+ year prophecy.

And in 95 AD, John said China would mount a 200,000,000 man army.
>>
>>979779
You never existed.
>>
>>979768
>In the same sense, if you had the greatest thing ever, God, why would you want something not as great, sex?
why not both?

sure I get what you mean, but really 'greatest' is subjective. For example, most people have a food they consider the 'greatest'/their favourite, but there's almost nobody on earth who wants their favourite food every meal. Likewise, communion with god might be nice, but for eternity? People get bored, people get restless, they want change every now and then. In my case I want my wife.
>>
Serious question: would a devout Christian have sex with Jesus?
>>
>>979782
God will honor your choice.
>>
>>979785
alright, what's the verse for the Daniel prophecy?
>>
>>979791
How is that a serious question?
>>
>>979791
Jesus said to love him more than anyone else so yes. you should have more sex with him than you have with any human being
>>
>>979782
God being the greatest is the nature of God.
If He wasn't the greatest, He wouldn't be God.
>>
>>979796
Daniel 9
A prophetic week is 7 years, as a decade is 10 years.

“Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
And to anoint the Most Holy.
“Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
>>
>>979805
guess he isn't God then, just a lowly Demiurge
>>
>>979809
>muh edgy gnostic bullshit
>>
>>979797
Because I'm serious.

If Jesus appeared to a Christian in the flesh, would sex follow?
>>
>>979807
where did you get that a prophetic week is seven years?
>>
>>979812
>muh pathetic Christcuck bullshit
>>
>>979807
the decree to rebuild Jerusalem was given in the first month of the 20th year of his reign by King Artaxerxes of Persia (March of 445 BC on our calendar, about 90 years later).

About 125 years ago Sir Robert Anderson unlocked the secret of Daniel’s 70 weeks when he teamed up with the London Royal Observatory to discover that prophetic years are 360 days in length and consist of 12 months of 30 days each. This is also the only way you can make the three measures of the Great Tribulation (1260 days, 42 months, or 3 1/2 years) come out the same. Therefore the 70 weeks of Daniel consist of 490 years of 360 days each. He published this discovery in a book called The Coming Prince, a commentary on Daniel’s 70th Week.

From their research we also know that exactly 483 years after the decree of Artaxerxes the Lord Jesus rode in to Jerusalem on a donkey to shouts of “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord” (Luke 19:38)! It was the only day in His life that He permitted His followers to proclaim Him as Israel’s King, fulfilling Daniel’s prophecy to the day! The Hebrew in Daniel 9:25 calls Him Messiah the Prince, denoting the fact that He was coming as the Anointed Son of the King and was not yet crowned King Himself.
>>
>>979813
You should probably do some research on the different Greek types of love, agape is different from erotic love and so on.
>>
>>979813
Yes, Jesus is love, Jesus is life
>>
>>979813
Jesus is in the flesh right now. He arose bodily from the grave.

You think about sex because you were made male and female. God was not made male and female, and the angels were not made male and female.

You're basically asking me if God would be an abomination before God, and the answer is no.
>>
Is it still a sin to jerk off to porn, even though I'm desensitised to it to the point of not actually finding the people in it attractive any more? I don't desire them at all, I'm just relieving my animal urges to cum.
>>
>>979822
>God was not made male and female
Jesus was
>>
>>978808
Only bogumils in the forest explained this to me well and the rest of the world refuses to read the Bible carefully past first two pages.
It is specifically said Kain went to another city and found himself a wife Lilith. Explusion of Adam and Even from Eden was to already populated world full of cities.
>>
>>979822
Milton portrays angels as gendered beings, hell he even portrays god as an arguably female being
>>
>>979822
God had to sacrifice himself to himself to save humans from himself, so I doubt that asking if God would do an "abomination" before God is that far out.
>>
>>979824
If doing it so much has led you to become desensitized, it's probably best to stop, if not for just a while.
>>
>>979817
>About 125 years ago Sir Robert Anderson unlocked the secret of Daniel’s 70 weeks
so this isn't based on any historical jewish sources
>>
>>979815
The idiom of a "week" of years was common in Israel as a "sabbath for the land," in which the land was to lie fallow every seventh year.
>>
>>979829
Jesus was not made male and female. Jesus was not made. Jesus is God.
>>
>>979834
I'll stick to the bible.

Mark 12:25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
>>
No matter how much flowery language you use to mask it, or how many fanciful analogies you try to give, the Trinity is polytheistic.
>>
>>979836
Calling Jesus' sacrifice an abomination is proof of hell's justice.
>>
>>979855
This
>>
>>979841
Of course it is. The Jewish year had 360 days in it. Anderson used that in his calculations.
>>
>>979834
You aren't wrong there, an entire city full of homos tried to solicit sex from some angels once.
>>
>>979850
>jesus was not made, he was god, but god cannot die, so jesus didn't die, so he didn't sacrifice himself (himself being an unmade god but also at the same time a mortal man or else how could he be sacrificed) to save us from our sins
is that about right?
>>
>>979855
Our God is One.

No matter what satan's children say.
>>
>>979864
God came down from heaven and manifested in the flesh, so that He might die for the forgiveness of our sins, not His.

So your sins are forgiven you; all but one, and that one you're committing right now.
>>
I have some question for Catholics. For background, I'm Muslim.

1. What does the Pope really do? Is he like your leader or infallible or what?

2. What is a synod?

3. Whenever the Church releases one of those new documents that are like 200+ pages long, do you actually read it? Or does your priest read it for you? How do you keep up with this?
>>
>>979863
Angels can take the form of men.

That does not make them male. And the Sodomites did not try to solicit them, but rape them.
>>
>>979850
But he has a dick, balls and everything. related question: while on earth did Jesus ever have an erection? did he ever look at a women and his body automatically reacted to it by pitching the tent? by what process did he get it to become flacid again? did he pray to God to get rid of it like this: "Oh God Oh God Oh God- YES! Thank you sweet mother of God!
>>
>>979872
>I'm muslim
oh great, so just like a christian except worse in every way
>>
>>979874
Jesus never sinned, so whatever portions of your depraved questions rely on Jesus sinning, the answer is no.
>>
>>979862
no, for the specific 7 years for a prophetic week
>>
>>979865
Your God isn't even real, so I doubt it really matters whether he's "one"
>>
>>979879
>>979846
>>
>>979880
Then you're not real.
>>
>>979877
>jesus never sinned
>I can say this without any hint of doubt despite large swathes of jesus's life not being documented, me never having met him or been around when he was alive and knowing that the bible was written by mortal, fallible men with agendas
>>
>>979887
Yes. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is proof Jesus never sinned.

Had Jesus sinned, He would have remained in the grave to pay for His sin. He would have been a sinner, blemished, with defects, and an unsuitable sacrifice before God.
>>
>>979893
but he did remain in the grave
>>
>>979879
shabua: a period of seven (days, years), heptad, week
>>
>>979893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1B0VVRMC_c
>>
>>979898
For three days. He was in Paradise, Abraham's Bosom, for three days and nights, and then rose, leading those captives free. He did that to provide the Jews with the sign of Jonah, which He promised them.

Had Jesus sinned, He would not have risen from the dead. Offerings not accepted by God do not rise directly up to God.
>>
>>979877
so you are saying that having an erection itself is a sin and praying to God to get rid of it is also a sin? that would mean that we know for sure that Jesus sinned because it isn't possible for a man to never have an erection. even some prepubescent kids get them occassionally
>>
>>979883
sick comeback bro
>>
>>979914
The illogic of a created being denying his own creator is amusing when the person is a child; not so much when they're an adult.
>>
>>979923
>"Existence = God"

Shit logic/10
>>
>>979923
*The illogic of a evolved being believing he was created through magic is amusing when the person is a child; not so much when they're an adult.
>>
Once again theist threads show why mass genociding them and enforcing anti-theism is the way to go for humanity
>>
>>979928
God is I Am. Literally, Existence.
>>
>>979933
Once again satan's children turn to genocide and rage.
>>
>>979933
do you think repeating this in every thread is funny?
>unfunny
>forced
>meme
>>
>>979938
It's not my fault that you can't handle reality, theistcuck.
>>
>>979937
>says the one who believes anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with him will boil in fire for all eternity and that this is "Right"

That's rich, Christcuck

>>979938
It's the truth: it's not supposed to be funny. Stay mad, cuck.
>>
>>979937
Oh wow, theists never fail to amaze me with their insanity and delusion.
>>
>>979947
Anyone rebelling against God will go to hell, yes. Satan, his angels, and most humanity will end up in hell.

You can't go five posts without a "cuck". What does that say about you?
>>
>>979946
I'm not a christian, I'm just annoyed that you are baiting them with the shit every single thread
>>
>>979949
The truth is insanity and delusion to children of the devil.

Film at 11.
>>
>>979957
It's all he has.
>>
>>979956
you still haven't disproven that Jesus has sinned and is therefore just a man>>979911
>>
>>979946
The only reality here is how much of a shit hole the Soviet union and maoist China were.
>>
>>979971
What does that have to do with anything? Do you really consider the West to be "religious" in any real sense? All secular states.

The only reality is how much of a shithole Latin America and Africa - where Cucktianity abounds - are. Thankfully, as they develop, adherence to Cucktianity or Islam drops, so that's a good sign.
>>
>>979971
That's due socialism is pure bullshit. Both countries problems had nothing to do with anti-theism or jus atheism.
>>
>>979967
Of course I have. The resurrection proves His sacrifice was pure, holy, blameless, spotless, and accepted by the Father.
>>
File: Origen_Early_Christians_Genesis.jpg (325 KB, 895x1040) Image search: [Google]
Origen_Early_Christians_Genesis.jpg
325 KB, 895x1040
>>979490
>>
>>979989
Lel, you cucks can't even prove that he was real, let alone that he came back.
>>
>>979989
so jesus never had an erection nor a wet dream? if so then he was sinless with a loaded deck since those are not things you can will yourself to do have
>>
>>979999
*can't
>>
>>979999
Erections aren't sin
>>
>>979996
the bible says so
herderhdurfddurrrrr.
>>
>>980002
wet dreams involve lust and erections can be caused by involuntary lust
>>
>>979454
The bitterness of atheism is so exhausting, I'm not religious but how can you not see that you're being just as dogmatic as the people you berate?
>>
>>980002
Wet dreams are.
>>
>>980010
>"I'm not religious but..."

Fuck off, Christcuck
>>
>>980002

Yes they are.
>>
>>979982
>>979985
The fallacy which you just used was: No True Scotsman. These two governments, as well as any regime associating itself with Marxism, follow the anti-theistic tenets created by Marx to the tee. All religious organisations were banned, as well as all proselytizing and public observances.
>>
>>980010
my official position is I don't know (agnostic).
But I'm pretty damn sure the bullshit that christfags spew out is nothing but 1st century nonsense. But just because I don't know, doesn't mean I'm going to be acceptant to bat shit crazy claims. You can draw a line, it's ok.
>>
>>980003
The earliest sources for him are whopping 70 years after his death, for someone sooo important its really hard to believe that no earlier source of him exists rather than being just another made tale.
>>
>>980023
But you know nothing happens after death? Is reincarnation a possibility for you? Or is that too outlandish as well? Do you also know whether there is a soul?
>>
>>980021
>All religious organisations were banned, as well as all proselytizing and public observances.

Good idea, they should do this in the West desu.
>>
>>980033
The Soviet union was the west.
>>
>>980033
>Good idea, they should do this everywhere in the world.
ftfy
>>
>>980020
>>980008
>>980002
>>979999
man worshippers BTFO
>>
>>980036
No it isn't.

West = U.S./Canada and Europe (NATO-aligned)
East/Other = Formerly the USSR/Comintern/Warsaw Pact countries
>>
>>980028
No I don't, and that is an honest answer. People claiming their supernatural claims like reincarnation, or heaven are the the ones who are projecting. THEY are the ones who are not being honest.

That being said, we can look at what we do know about death, these are the physical characteristics of death, and the decomposing process that takes place, and in these regards, there is no difference between a dead dog on the side of the road and a dead child.
>>
>>980036
>The Soviet union was the west.
the western world ends at Austria
>>
>>980049
Was there a difference while they were living?
>>
>People still trying to get through to the cultists
>2016
STOP TRYING
>>
>>978817
Proof?
Or are you interpreting "don't think too hard on that, it's irrelevant to the actual point of "we all share 1set of ancient parents?"
>>
>>980061
>2016
>not enjoying arguing with a wall
>>
>>980061
>2016 meme

There are still black nomads hunting orangutan with spears in africa
>>
>>980050
Czechoslovakia's and eastern Germany's borders start well before Austria's. They are the West.
>>
>>980037
Thank you, brother. Have we started the fire?
>>
>>980059
yeah one was a dog and the other was a human being

>here comes the anthropocentric religious bullshit
>>
File: 1447383253268.jpg (46 KB, 394x370) Image search: [Google]
1447383253268.jpg
46 KB, 394x370
>>980070
I mean >[current year] in the sense of the Costanza meme
>>
>>980061
>>980066

There are tens of millions of ex-Christians out there. It's not always pointless.
>>
>>980083
Yeah but lots just go right fucking back or even fucking go to Islam. At this point I've accepted that this is just a quirk of human nature that I don't get why it still exists.
>>
>>980081
The difference in their faculty means nothing to you?
>>
>>980083
yeah, I'm one. but you're never going to change someone's mind in an online arguement. you might help set them down a path to later realizing it's false but short term it's the same as arguing with a wall
>>
>>980090
To help people answer the "why" so they can get on with living obviously.
>>
>>980083
>>980090
I'm ex-Christian. Believe it or not, it was going on /christian/ on Cripplechan that led to me leaving the religion altogether.
>>
>>980093
not in terms of one having a soul and the other not
>>
>>979523
Its not so much banned as it is unneccesary. You don't need sex in heaven as all its purposes are fulfilled by being with God and all desire being fulfilled in His Presence>>979525
>>
>>980102
>You don't need sex in heaven as all its purposes are fulfilled by being with God
so you have sex with God in heaven?
>>
>>979996

Do you get paid by the cuck? A buck a cuck?
>>
>>980102
How presumptuous and vain of God (the supposedly perfect being), that he should think all the things we enjoy and love are somehow "unnecessary" compared to him. He acts more like an obsessive and vain/prideful demon than a "perfect" god.
>>
>>980093
There are good dogs and bad dogs
There are good humans and bad humans
Sometimes a mixture of both given their space and time.

Get to your point anon.
>>
>>980027
History....is written.....after the events......

Wow. That's some Nobel Prize winning thinking there, Anon!
>>
>>980049
>there is no difference between a dead dog on the side of the road and a dead child.

This is why you cannot trust atheists.
>>
>>980119
good history isn't written 70 years later without any earlier sources
>>
>>980090
To help people answer the "why" so they can get on with living obviously.
>>
>>980121
Is THAT ALL i wrote you fucking idiot. Why don't you put all my words into context instead of cherry picking my posts so you can post bullshit?

You know what? THIS is why you can't trust christfags, because they are so fucking dishonest they have to cut peoples words up to try and prove their points.

Go fuck yourself anon.
>>
>>980121
why does that make me untrustworthy? in both cases I'm sad and I help bury the body if I need to
>>
>>980140
Disgusting godless animal.
>>
>>978857
>since Genesis isn't supposed to be a literal historical account

So which part of the bible IS supposed to be a "literal" historical account?
>>
>>980130
Gee, Paul was writing in the same decade as Jesus rose from the dead. Matthew and Mark were writing in the 40's.

Do you believe now?
>>
>>980141
If you're just as sad for a dog as a human child, you are likely a sociopath, and therefore untrustworthy (in the extreme).
>>
>>980144
All of it.

People who can't explain it to you try to shrug it off as "allegorical", when they don't even have an allegory that would correspond to it.
>>
>>980145
>Matthew and Mark were writing in the 40's.
no they didn't. also Paul shows he knows no details about Jesus's life other than that he was crucified
>>
>>980142
I'd rather be an honest disgusting animal than a self-righteous disgusting animal who pretends to be holier than thou.

Truly, you are a piece of shit, go read you Bible anon, or stay on 4chan. You love it here more.
>>
>>980121
>>980121
>>980142
>>980142
>>980149
>>980149
Oh please, as if it matters to Christcucks either.

>"Oh no, poor child! May God bless him and keep him close! How sad :(("
>"Wait, he wasn't [insert very specific denomination or religion]? Fucking filthy heretic, hope he's burning in Hell! One less heretic! How does it feel to deny Christ now, demon-spawn?"
>>
>>980145
Uh, mark was in the 40s, Matthew was waaaay later son.
>>
>>980149
>If you're just as sad for a dog as a human child, you are likely a sociopath
that doesn't say how little I love children but how much I love dogs
>>
>>980153
Paul knows Jesus better than the rest of the apostles combined, and knows the New Covenant better than all of them put together.

When we say "Jesus is alive", we're not kidding.

And yes, Matthew and Mark were writing in the 40's. And all of them, but for the Revelation, were completed before 70 AD. Revelation was finished in 95 AD, 63 years after Jesus rose from the dead.

Zero conflicting reports. Zero.
>>
>>980156
Yes, you'd rather go to hell than heaven.

Don't be surprised when you get what you wish for.
>>
>>980145
>Paul

You mean the neurotic obsessive that never met Jesus and whom the original disciples considered a demonic-possessed usurper?

> Matthew and Mark were writing in the 40's.

False. The books attributed to them were written down in the early second century.
>>
>>980165
>Matthew and Mark were writing in the 40's

Do you have a source for that, anon?
>>
>>980159
A buck a cuck strikes again!

It's a shame you never have anything good to add to any conversation. Ever.

As to the question you weren't bright enough to ask, all dead babies prior to the age of accountability for themselves go directly to heaven.
>>
>>980165
>And yes, Matthew and Mark were writing in the 40's.
again you have no proof to back this up. there are no references to any of the gospels until the mid-2nd century. this makes it more likely they were written at the end of the 1st century
>>
>>980162
Not so much, no. He just took longer to finish, since his Hebrew sucked.

And don't call me son, unless you voted for Nixon.
>>
>>980165
>Paul knows Jesus better than the rest of the apostles combined, and knows the New Covenant better than all of them put together.

LOL, gotta love the pauline theology rhetoric
If anyone knew Jesus best it was his brother James.

The only way you make that claim is if you believe the "story" that Paul met zombie jesus on the road....

Get a fucking brain anon. you sound so childish
>>
>>980163
Yup. Sociopath.
>>
>>980173
>all dead babies prior to the age of accountability for themselves go directly to heaven.
show me where this is in the bible and what the specific age of accountability is
>>
>>980168
No, I mean the Paul who was transformed by his first meeting with Jesus, and then spent years with Jesus in Arabia, soaking up all of the New Covenant goodness so that people could read his letters, and be saved.
>>
>>980178
anyone who treats their dog like a member of the family is a sociopath :^)
>>
>>980169
There's a couple of new books out dealing with early dating the gospels. From what I gather, the late dates are merely people who do not believe in prophecy.

Not sure why the godless get to call the shots on the divine, but that error is being corrected. Bart Ehrman will stand ashamed before God.
>>
>>978857
>Genesis isn't supposed to be a literal historical account
[citation needed]
>>
>>980117
I'm not sure I have one to make aside from the aforementioned idea of athiests being as dogmatic and bigoted as theists.

I want to understand why christians believe the way they do and atheists, I believe there is more to the universe than what my senses reveal, maybe some other person or ideology knows a bit more than me, maybe not. I won't know unless I listen though, to tell one side that you know they are wrong and you are right is unproductive.

If you know they are wrong then why waste your time discussing it? I've never stopped to argue the crackhead spewing lies because I know I would learn nothing
>>
>>980174
There's all the proof a man could want, available for sale at amazon.com.
>>
>>980176
James didn't even believe Jesus was the messiah until after the resurrection.

At best, that puts him on par with Paul. Reasonably, far worse as he had his entire life to figure it out, and did not.
>>
File: coffee2.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
coffee2.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
>>980182
>No, I mean the Paul who was transformed by his first meeting with Jesus, and then spent years with Jesus in Arabia, soaking up all of the New Covenant goodness so that people could read his letters, and be saved.

Aaaaaaand this is where historical discussion goes out the window and theological discussion swoops in to ruin everything.

You can't have a historical discussion with christfags, they literally believe dead jew rabbis come back to life.
>>
>>980180
Suffer not the little children to come unto me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.

David mourning his dying son, then recovering when the son dies, saying that he will meet up with his dead son in heaven.

Logic.

Knowing God.

These things matter.

As to everyone's specific age of accountability, it differs person to person. Some people never reach it. They're blameless before the law.
>>
>>980173
>It's a shame you never have anything good to add to any conversation. Ever.

Sounds like every Christcuck ever desu
>>
>>980183
Anyone who has equal feelings seeing a dead dog on one side of the road and a dead child on the other is a sociopath, yes.

And yes, most of you are sociopaths.
>>
>>980185
>the late dates are merely people who do not believe in prophecy.

As if this is a bad thing, lol!
Thank God for secular scholarship
>>
>>980197
Yup. We do. Because He did.

Imagine what we think of you, denying it based on, what, again?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.