[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much truth is there too this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Alexandria.png (3 MB, 790x2189) Image search: [Google]
Alexandria.png
3 MB, 790x2189
How much truth is there too this?
>>
>>977945
None.
>>
>>977945
Colouring a Chick tract doesn't Unchick it.
>>
>>977945
100%
>>
>>977979
It's funnier to read though, as it at least is colored now.
http://www.fmh-child.org/Chick_Christian_Comic_Books.html
>>
>>977945

I stopped at "Egyptian symbols are used in Masonic imagery".

I did not know Jack Chick bought into conspiracy theories until today.

Man, this makes the Finno-Korean HYPERWAR and David Icke seem less crazy. And the former is a meme.
>>
File: 101.jpg (49 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
49 KB, 441x408
>>977999
>I did not know Jack Chick bought into conspiracy theories until today.
>>
File: albertoseries.jpg (171 KB, 789x1124) Image search: [Google]
albertoseries.jpg
171 KB, 789x1124
>>977999
You completely missed out on Alberto Rivera?
>>
>>977945
About 5%.

His vocabulary involves some real stuff, but even when you say "Aristotle, Goslings, and Rear," there's a stark difference between "I was sitting on my Rear in the park feeding Goslings while reading Aristotle" and "It is well documented that Aristotle liked shoving live Goslings up his Rear for sexual thrill."
>>
>>977999
>I did not know Jack Chick bought into conspiracy theories until today.

wacky_reaction_face.webm
>>
Is this Chick guy an 80 year old Protestant conspiracy theorist? Cause that's the only thing I get from his comics.

>MUH WHORE OF BABYLON
>>
>>978455
He do claim to have fought at Iwo Jima.
He also suffers from a stroke attack.
>>
>>978473

You ever think that Jack Chick is a composite character, that there's a succession of either lunatics or trolls constantly churning out this stuff?
>>
>>978455
He's actually 92

>>978511
At this point probably, Chick has been around long enough to find some like minded fellows, so even when he dies we won't be free of his insanity
>>
>>978550
92? That's even worse.
>>
>>977999
But they are.
I mean, Jack Chick is a paranoid retard, but the masons do believe themselves to be the heirs of the guys who built the pyramids
>>
Well it reads like it was written as propaganda for children, so who knows.
>>
>>977999
He isn't wrong about Egyptian symbols being used in Freemasonry though.

He's just misunderstanding those symbols and also conflating a bunch of largely unrelated things like how he claims Osiris' penis is Bael for example.
>>
>>977945
It's true Origin had a different idea about Jesus's divinity.

Gnostics were not as widespread and popular as Chick wants you to think. They were actually an off-shoot of the Platonists. If Chick said Platonists were the intellectuals that tried to add their own ideas than it would be more correct. However it is true Gnostics had their own cannon of scriptures.

However the idea of "pure bibles" is kind of a historical nonsense. It's understood the current versions of the Gospels we have are not 100% perfect. Oral traditions were not exactly the best source of historical reliability. The tradition one village had would be different than another village.
>>
>>977999
>Finno-Korean HYPERWAR
>crazy
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>979072
If 99.5% intact isn't good enough for you, I wonder what you do rely upon.
>>
>>979072
>Oral traditions

The bible has written traditions, not oral.
>>
>>979136
The current bible is far from perfect.

It's generally beleived by historians that Origin's understanding of Christianity was closer to the origenal. The oldest documents do not support a Jesus which is God. The doctrine of him being an angel or prophet is closer.
>>
>>979643
Jack chick seem to hold the idea that the only way to get a proper bible is if you believe as he do. Otherwise you will just change the scripture to make it fit you because you hate God or something.
>>
File: chick.png (581 KB, 589x959) Image search: [Google]
chick.png
581 KB, 589x959
>>979655
He's a KJV autist
>>
>>979897
Yeah.
Would be pretty funny if king James actually turned out to be a closet Catholic.
>>
>>979643
It's been tested at 99.5% intact, the differences being idioms, spelling variants, and some copyist errors, none of which touches doctrine at any point. There are tens of thousands of copies from which one can derive the original, and when the scroll of Isaiah was found in the Qumran caves, it was found to be 99.8% intact to what we have today.
>>
>>979897
The autists are the KJV haters.
>>
>>979931
Who even bothers to hate the KJV?
>>
>>979931
No one hates the KJV sperg, it's just funny when you get retards hailing it as the one, true, best, never gonna be topped version of the Bible.
>>
>>978848

Because that's exactly what it is.
>>
>>979930
Just to give you an idea of what we are talking about in the early version of Mark's Gospel when Jesus is baptised he says Jesus has "now become" the son of God. This implies Jesus was not divine before his baptism but rather became divine at that point.

We also find that the older manuals have less and less references to Jesus's divinity at his birth. In some versions he only gets the title of "Christ" after the baptism.

These tiny changes completely change the religion. It shows a Jesus that was not born divine but became one.

We also have other weird changes such as one of the Gospels having no resurrection in the earliest version.

And you know what? We don't have the oldest copies of the gospels, the older a gospel gets the more changes exist. So it should follow the unfound original gospels have the greatest changes of all. This is why most scholars agree that in the origenal version of Christianity, Jesus was not God.
>>
>>979897
He's so much of a KJV autist that he believes doubting the KJV version will turn you from a born again Christian into a bible college burner.
>>
>>979930

The scroll of Isaiah from Qumran, incidentally, writes the oft quoted 7:14 verse to put the pregnancy of our "Virgin" (young woman) in the past, the birth as being imminent, and writes "I will name him Emmanuel", implying that the kid is Isaiah's son, not Jesus.
>>
>>980009

And that you should be checking the accuracy of ancient Greek manuscripts by how closely it adheres to the KJV.
>>
>>979107
What is this meme
>>
>>979139
yeah and oral before it was written. Idk what you are going on about
>>
File: image.gif (56 KB, 462x239) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
56 KB, 462x239
>>977945
He believes Osiris is the Egyptian Sun God.

That level of retardation says all it needs to. Though pic related does too.
>>
>>977945
yay looks like im not sleeping tonight
>>
>>979643
Did you intentionally mix up Origen the man and origin the word?
>>
>>977999
>this makes the Finno-Korean HYPERWAR and David Icke seem less crazy
You're not fucking welcome here, mocking the most tragic event in human history is /pol/-tier.
>He doesn't think the hyperwar happened
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.