[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are meditations permitted for christians?I want to do it onl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: w.jpg (8 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
8 KB, 183x276
Are meditations permitted for christians?I want to do it only because it increases your concentration and makes you feel way better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpbMvXT5140
>inb4 protestants
>>
>>977776
get
>>
>>977777
nice
>>
>>977779
I'm glad that you like.Answer my question now!
>>
>>977783
No, decide for yourself because it really doesn't matter
>>
File: e56.jpg (37 KB, 572x542) Image search: [Google]
e56.jpg
37 KB, 572x542
>>977777
>>
dead board
>>
Meditation means thinking and concentration. It's NOT a magical esoteric practice that makes your brainwaves ascend to the 12th chakra level of euphoria. Anyone can meditate, it's as easy as sitting down comfortably and focusing on your thought process.
>>
>>977776
For orthodox Christians no form of occult practice is tolerated, it is idolatry.

We do not believe in Chi as in an impersonal energy that traverses the universe and has both the ability to do good or harm the user by just breathing in everyday - for us that is demonic influence.

Hence no point to meditate if contradicts the canons, the dogma.

The absolute most useful form of practice a man can do is only what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ done as a human - in his solitude he prayed and most importantly he done All-Night Vigils, which are the most important thing a Christian can do alongside praying all the time without stopping ( we do this trough the prayer of the heart - "Lord Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner," - trough this prayer you keep yourself on high grounds and stay vigil over your mind and body - don't allow temptations to come in and stay focused on God at all times.

Tl;dr - absolutely not - it's contrary to canons which are the absolute law in the Church.
>>
>>977874
In the same time your brain is more productive and the health benefits are better from reading a book contrary to sitting down and focusing on something as you say.

Or even training your attention serves a better purpose.

Meditation outside of spiritual background is a pointless activity.
>>
>>977888
What the fuck are you talking about. Meditation is not something that is attached to Chi, or whatever, it's just focusing your fucking mind, by concentrating on your breathing, or similar.

You can technically meditate on jesus or god or whatever too.
>>
>>977888
have you ever Philokalia
>>
>>977776
What does the psalmist say?

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 4:4 Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah

Psalm 63:6 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.

Psalm 77:6 I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, And my spirit makes diligent search.

Psalm 77:12 I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.

Psalm 119:15 I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.

Psalm 119:23 Princes also sit and speak against me, But Your servant meditates on Your statutes.

Psalm 119:27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts; So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.

Psalm 119:48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments, Which I love, And I will meditate on Your statutes.

Psalm 119:78 Let the proud be ashamed, For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood; But I will meditate on Your precepts.

Psalm 119:148 My eyes are awake through the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.

Psalm 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands.

Psalm 145:5 I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works.
>>
>>977888
>he doesn't bhakti yoga
Some Christian you are.
>>
>>977776
Now watch me may may, now watch me whip.
>>
>>979500
>not practicing left-hand tantra in the church graveyard for extra transgression points
Pssht.
>>
File: IMG_20160405_200800.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_200800.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>979606
You don't even know my relations with the morningstar.
>>
File: kokuzo.jpg (76 KB, 438x584) Image search: [Google]
kokuzo.jpg
76 KB, 438x584
>>979633
Likewise. ;>
>>
>>977776
They call it prayer.
>>
>>977776
Prayer is basically meditating upon God so yeah I guess.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.