[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of the following civilizations is the biggest disappointed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1457570786740.gif (4 MB, 340x220) Image search: [Google]
1457570786740.gif
4 MB, 340x220
Which of the following civilizations is the biggest disappointed to its former glory?

1) Egyptian

2) Greek

3) Mesopotamian

4) Finnish

5) Latin

6) Korean

Please explain your answer.
>>
>>977190
Who told this guy he should have that haircut?
>>
>>977190
Definitely Finnish, they'll probably never fully recover from the Hyperwar.
>>
The Greeks of today are barely Plato's Greeks. Mesopotamians have a good excuse, being overrun by Mongols and then dominated by Turks. Koreans were never formerly glorious.

So it's clearly the Latins or Egyptians. Egypt has fallen lower on an absolute scale, but there is clearly a greater gap between the greatness of Rome and the greatness of Italy than there is of the greatness of Egypt now and 2000 years ago.

So, Rome/Latins.
>>
>>977392
>Finnish
>dissapointing
t. Hwan bastard
If it weren't for the Hwan fucking the whole world including themselves up with memes, it would have still been the greatest civilization.
>>
>>977450
Just look at OP's image, now tell me how it isn't disappointment.
>>
>>977473
>spede
>disappointment
Talk shit, get hit, nigga.
>>
File: burger triumphant.jpg (124 KB, 960x703) Image search: [Google]
burger triumphant.jpg
124 KB, 960x703
>>977379
YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT MY HAIR?
YOU SHOULD KNOW, DIRTY HWAN SCUM THAT, THE HAIRCUT I HAD ON THE PHOTO WAS RENOWNED THROUGH THE ANCIENT FINNISH EMPIRE AND USED EVEN BY THE ROYALS
>>
>>977450
>Modern Korea
>Phones, jobs, megacities, and a top tier military

>Modern Finland
>Fucking nothing
Wow it's almost like Finns can't compete!
>>
>>977401

>The Greeks of today are barely Plato's Greeks. Mesopotamians have a good excuse, being overrun by Mongols and then dominated by Turks.

As a Greek I will admit that Greeks are not blameless for their current pathetic political situation. But look at the colonial treatment Western Europe used to deal with Greece, as soon as we went independent they enforced a kraut monarch on us, crushing our nascent democracy. One official even said to king Otto that "you will not find a people who love voting as much as Greeks".

From the time of Greek Independence to the military junta propped up by the USA, you will not find a time where western Europe or the US has not intervened in Greek economics/politics.
>>
File: Hairstyle-Men-Asian-2015-2016.jpg (42 KB, 600x675) Image search: [Google]
Hairstyle-Men-Asian-2015-2016.jpg
42 KB, 600x675
>>977524
This style, which is descended from fragments of masterful Hwanian grooming techniques, is infinitely superior you Finnish bastard.
>>
>>977392
>>977450
>>977533
How cany you blame the Finns for not recovering after they have lost their social skills due to the Hwan?
That's like blaming the armenians for not recovering to their former glory after beeing genocided by the turks.
>>
>>977190
China
>>
>>977533
You conveniently forget that Korea is split in two and you didn't list the other half's "accomplishments" at all.
>>
>>977822
>South Korea
a country where men put on makeup and dress in skinny pants while dancing like faggots

>North Korea
the only country in the world that has the balls to tell both the US and China to go fuck themselves.

There's a reason why North Korea is known as Best Korea.
>>
File: 1460475793720.jpg (49 KB, 600x713) Image search: [Google]
1460475793720.jpg
49 KB, 600x713
>>977540
Typical greeks blaming everyone but themselves for their shit situation.
>>
India
>>
>>977533
You can't blame the Finns, they were infected with autism after the decisive defeat at Pyongyang at the hands of those dirty Hwans.
>>
>>978144
>typical retards not knowing shit about history, then criticizing said history
>>
>>977533
Outside of the cities its mostly poor.
>>
>>978362
That basically applies to every country, dumb butt.
>>
>>978572
lel k then. Youve never been to korea im guessing.
>>
>>978593
I didn't even know you were talking about Korea you African booty scratcher.
>>
>>977190
Probably the greeks but they're being punished by the Olympians for their lack of faith.
>>
>>978611
Lol did you not see what i responded to
>>
>>978626
Why should I? I'm not gay, bro. I ain't gay. Cuz I ain't.
>>
>>978638
You're right. How could i have been so blind?
>>
>>978196
This.
Atleast they are better off than Pakistan (so much cucked by Islamic Invader they forgot their heritage of Indus civ) and Bangladesh.
>>
>>977190
You forgot Persia

and the answer is Persia
>>
>>977190
No Indians

Literally went from GOAT to poo in loo
>>
>>978846
>biggest influence in the region
>still wearing headscarves
>pretending to care about foreign deities
>government feigns caring about the people yet blatantly does the opposite

The old shahs would love the Islamic republic, to be quite honest family.
>>
>>978846
>Iran is bad

Terrible post. Leave this board.
>>
>>980910
>biggest influence in the region
Not when you're straddled between Turkey and Pakistan

>still wearing headscarves
Women being forced to wear it and now it is seen as a symbol of oppression

>pretending to care about foreign deities
What? Iranians are definitely just as religious if not more so than their ancient predecessors. It's worse even since they got cucked into having a foreign religion being their state one

>government feigns caring about the people yet blatantly does the opposite
I don't see this as a good thing at all, but if the Cyrus Cylinder is to anything to go off of, Ancient Persia is easily far more tolerable and having human rights than modern Iran
>>
>>977190
Italians
>>
>>980955
>>Not when you're straddled between Turkey and Pakistan

>Turkey
>under attack by retarded Wahhabis

>Pakistan
>literally who: the nation

Iran is objectively the most influential in the region, with only the Saudis being a competition. The Turks are too preoccupied with trying to be European to give a iota of a fuck about anything else, and Pakistan is a shithole with only muh nukes and virtually no influence.

>I don't see this as a good thing at all, but if the Cyrus Cylinder is to anything to go off of, Ancient Persia is easily far more tolerable and having human rights than modern Iran

Most of the executions they do (70%) are against opium dealers. Other than that, it has remained virtually the same--if people assembled at any other point in Iranian history to protest, they'd be attacked and shooed away as well.

Also, at least they're not executing Catholics en masse for being representative of Rome like the Sassanids did.
>>
>>981024
>Most of the executions they do (70%) are against opium dealers.
Forgot to mention: most others are rapists and killers. There are only a few instances where the law against homosexuality, infidelity and apostasy have actually been enforced
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.