[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post the most meme politician you can find. >In opposition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 23
File: Strom_Thurmond.jpg (26 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
Strom_Thurmond.jpg
26 KB, 300x350
Post the most meme politician you can find.

>In opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, he conducted the longest filibuster ever by a lone senator, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length, nonstop.

>In Office: November 7, 1956 – January 3, 2003
>>
>>974015
How does one filibuster?
>>
>>974034
Does it involve an invasion of a south American country?
>>
he was also banging the young black maid in the house he grew up in - she had a kid by him

I guess he "fillied her buster" more than a few times if you know what I mean.

what a fucking hypocrite - not surprised, pretty common for racists
>>
File: 1393576841559.png (1008 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
1393576841559.png
1008 KB, 1024x680
>>974015
>most meme politician
There is only one real answer.

>>974034
You just start talking. The way the Senate works, they can't make you stop talking unless they get a super-majority vote (60 votes, IIRC). The senate is usually very close to evenly split, so that means you can usually talk indefinitely.

Of course, the threshold may have changed. The Senate dems got all pissy after their gun control bills died in 2013 and changed the threshold for a lot of things from 60 votes to 50.
>>
>>974015
I wonder whether the politicians then would have passed the Civil Rights Act if they could see how the black community would act for the next 60 years.
>>
>>974058
What defines when you stop talking?
Does it only take 10 seconds of silence? Can you pause to use the bathroom?
>>
>>974076
>Can you pause to use the bathroom?
That one I know is out.
>>
There was a guy who read an entire phonebook in a filibuster once.
>>
>>974034
You just take your stand that every senator is given and try to stall for as long as possible, incase you aren't american there have been several cases where a senator takes the stand for so long and talks about literally anything other senators simply leave and the bill will be ignored because there aren't enough senators to vote on it. I remember hearing one senator "filibusted" for 8 hours just reading out of the bible.
>>974058
This anon is right, the only weapon the American senate has to stop a filibuster is the process of cloture.
>>
>>974015
That's fucking hilarious
>>
>>974015
Absolute madman.
>>
>>974103
Don't you have some sort of Speaker to stop that sort of shit?
>>
>>974015
how did he manage that without going to the restroom? did he even eat or drink?
>>
File: image.png (58 KB, 246x320) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58 KB, 246x320
>>974015
What a madman.
>>
File: 1460256386359.jpg (309 KB, 2136x2136) Image search: [Google]
1460256386359.jpg
309 KB, 2136x2136
>>974076
>Can you pause to use the bathroom?
No bathroom breaks. Once you leave the room, you're done. You can have people ask "questions," though, which have no restrictions on content and time.

A good recent example would be the Randpage's 19-hour filibuster. At several points you had people go up for questions and spend 15 to 20 minutes asking a "question." Cruz Missile probably had the best of those - 15-20 minutes of meaningless babble ended by a brief non-question.

One thing to note is that there's also no restriction on content. While Randpage may have been mostly on-topic, Thurmond's record-breaking filibuster and Cruz Missile's more recent marathon filibuster went pretty off-topic. IIRC, Cruz read Green Eggs and Ham, and Thurmond even resorted to reading out of a phone book.
>>
>>974121
The leader of the senate is officially the vice president but he doesn't intervene with it. The house of representatives has a definite leader that being the speaker of the house and he actually does stuff.
>>
>>974121
Speaker of the House, there is no such position in the Senate
>>
>>974121
Yes, and he has one vote :)
>>
>>974132
And what is the aim of this besides stalling for an hour or 24?
>>
>go to a senate session
>the guy next to you has thousands of printed Wikipedia pages, some ramen noodles, and a pissbag
>>
>>974144
To stop things you don't like from being passed.
>>
>>974144
When there is a bill about to be passed that the senator absolutely hates so when he gets his chance to talk he waits it out until there aren't enough senators in session to vote on the bill.
>>
>>974144
Depends. Usually it seems to be they're trying to make a political statement, either to gain points with their party or gain the attention of the general public (who usually don't give a shit about what the Sentate's doing). Other times, it's just to protest something.

Granted, it can accomplish things. The Randpage's 19-hour filibuster was protesting the fact that the Attorney General wouldn't give an answer as to whether or not they'd use drone strikes on US citizens, and as a result of the filibuster and all the attention it got, the Attorney General caved and gave a definite answer.
>>
File: 1398343715832.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1398343715832.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>974151
Made me kek
>also has a thermos of coffee
>>
>>974151
can you just vote and go home before the filibuster starts?
>>
>>974164
Can't senators vote in name of others? Like when we have some nonsense or really technical law on the concentration of shit particles allowed in the air when farmers manure their fields they just send on one or two party experts who can cast the vote for all members of the said party.

>>974165
The Carson guy? What was the final answer?
>>
>>974015
That man's body was already starting to decay before he died.
>>
>>974015
>filibuster
What's the point nowadays?
I mean the romans had to vote by nightfall, else the procedure wasn't lawful, so there's a point to that, but I doubt the US has time limits.
>>
>>974180
I'm sure stuff like that goes on all the time but for the big bills that get lots of media attention the complete senate has to be in session.
>>
>>974180
>What was the final answer?
"We won't rule out performing a drone strike on an American citizen."

Pretty much what everyone expected - the idea was just to get the government to admit it.
>>
>>974068
That's due to the welfare state, not the Civil Rights Act.
>>
>>974034
You literally talk about anything you like to get the senators to fuck off so the bill doesn't pass.
It's a feat of endurance
>>
>>974180
Nope, they have to be in person there to vote.
That's why Sanders, Cruz and Rubio are missing so many votes; they're out campaigning
>>
>>974190
Social or political statement to get attention.

The legislation branch of the US is a fucking joke with books dedicated to listing ridiculous laws it has passed in their own self interest. I remember reading one that gave government officials the right to break the speed limit if they were late or something.
>>
>Cots were brought in from a nearby hotel for the legislators to sleep on while Thurmond discussed increasingly irrelevant and obscure topics, including his grandmother's biscuit recipe.
Holy shit.
>>
>>974219
Yup. They only just made insider trading illegal for Congressmen and their families in the past couple of years.
>>
>>974015
>>974221
Was it autism?
>>
>>974221
If he passed out sample biscuits I wouldn't mind
>>
>>974221
>no honey I can't come home for dinner or to help with lil Billy's homework
>fucking strom is orating about how much butter goes in his family recipes, I'm camping at the office tonight
>>
>>974252
Oratory
>>
>>974058
>>974103
>>974132
>>974165
That's fucking awesome. In my country it's just boring rostrum blocks when it comes to making a statement.
>>
File: 88.jpg (1 MB, 3544x2621) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
1 MB, 3544x2621
>>
>>974287
It starts to make a lot more sense once you realize that the Senate is designed to get as little done as possible.
>>
>>974320
Well US is a presidential republic.
>>
>>974320
If the senate could pass shit quickly the country could be swindled in a moment of duress.

A good example is the following.
https://youtu.be/DqVy_TcfPIQ
>>
>meme politicians thread
>not including picrelated
come on, step it up /his/
>>
>>974056

Still treated her better than most black dads would
>>
>>974142
>>974140
>>974135
>>974121
Senate can censure senators, but it requires a vote.
>>
>>974221
In england they have to actually talk about shit relevant to the topic
>>
>>974587
Using the sitting president is hardly fair. He'll be judged on his memes once he's out of office.
>>
>>
>>974015
I never knew other countries don't have Filibustering.

But then again, my country was based on the US political structure.
>>
> 1. Skanderbeg
> 2. Hamza Kazazi
> 3. Probably Noli desu.

t. shqipfag
>>
>>974144
To add to what >>974165 said, the Cruz filibuster was solely for political leverage, because it had already been decided that they would be voting on the bill, and they had a time to vote as well. When the time came, he had to stop talking. He literally just did it for attention, and it worked, because he went from being an unknown Republican Senator to a presidential candidate.
>>
>>974039
UNDERRATED POST
>>
>>975134
Don't talk shit about reagan
>>
>>978284
Fuck that memester
>>
>>974015
>In opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, he conducted the longest filibuster ever by a lone senator, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length, nonstop.

Shitposting and thread derailing is older than internet it seems
>>
>>974015
>republicans will defend re-electing this shit bag over and over and over and over for 50 years straight
>>
>american politics
>>
File: 1393647780571.jpg (166 KB, 1103x674) Image search: [Google]
1393647780571.jpg
166 KB, 1103x674
>>979327
>Strom Thurmond
>Republican
>>
File: download (2).jpg (36 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
36 KB, 500x253
>>979327
>people are not allowed to have different opinions
>implying he is a Republican
>>
>>979385
>>979394
dixiecrat, republican

same shit post 50s
>>
File: Revy_Black_Lagoon_OP.jpg (314 KB, 2000x1124) Image search: [Google]
Revy_Black_Lagoon_OP.jpg
314 KB, 2000x1124
>>979402
Lmao.
>>
>had a mulatto daughter
lmao
>>
>>979439
It seems like the more a politician vehemently opposes something, the more likely they are to have some kind of ironic connection to it.

You had the same thing recently in california - a state senator who was one of their most vocal anti-gun politicians got arrested for literal arms dealing.
>>
>>979453
Got arrested for one of the largest rackets of arms dealing ever m8.
Leeland Yee I think.
>>
>>974178
The point of a filibuster is that you stop the vote from coming to a head in the first place. If the vote isn't penciled in, there is literally nothing stopping you from talking so long that the rest of the Senate gives up and goes home killing the bill.
>>
>>979466
yeah it was hilarious. When I saw the headline I thought
>oh they must have caught him accidentally breaking one of Cali's bullshit laws
Then I actually read into it
>selling heavy weapons to MILF
Shame he only got like 5 years.
>>
>>979474
Let us pray to the earthquake gods, to rip that corrupt shit hole into the ocean.
>>
>>974058
I think super-majority is the majority being double or more than the minority, so it'd be 67 votes.
>>
>>974122
This is the fifties, politicians were made of sterner stuff.
>>
>>974184
Ooh, source?
>>
>>979528
There's a couple standards, I forget which is which. I know the threshold for passing bills in votes was 60 until recently (thanks to the buttlasting after the 2013 AWB died), while the threshold for passing things like constitutional amendments is 2/3 vote.
>>
>>978625
Shitposting is as old as pictograms/
>>
>>979483
Not a chance m8 we're staying 'til tectonic drift makes us Alaskans.
>>
>>979453
I wonder if there is some value in studying this phenomenon. Why is it public figures will latch on to and oppose things they do all the time.
It just makes no sense to me. Why jeopardize your career? Why not change platforms? Are all politicians completely soulless and without honor?
>>
>>974180
>Can't senators vote in name of others?
Shady stuff may or may not happen, but legally, you cannot vote for another person in the senate. Bills don't actually require the full senate, though. They typically need a quorum and a person can be absent for a vote.

Regardless it wouldn't matter if everyone could give their votes to one guy or not. The point of a filibuster is that the vote in of itself is meant to be stalled because the Senate is unable to pass a motion confidence saying "we are going to vote on the bill and here is when." Without that motion the bill is still in the debate phase, and the guy filibustering is going to milk the "debate" for as long as possible to force people to give up on the idea of passing the bill.
>>
File: v4Cp5r5.png (462 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
v4Cp5r5.png
462 KB, 750x500
>>979589
Then we will build a fucking wall.
>>
>>979596
[spoiler]do it i'm moving to colorado anyway fuck this sinking-ass ship only good thing we have is our state and national parks[/spoiler]
>>
>>979610
FUCK OFF

WE'RE FULL
>>
>>979631
Can't make me.
>>
>>979610
>Fuck up everything in their own state
>flee to other states
>Fuck everything up again
Fucking Californians.
Being Texas is suffering.
>>
File: 1407878527225.jpg (124 KB, 640x1440) Image search: [Google]
1407878527225.jpg
124 KB, 640x1440
>>979590
>Are all politicians completely soulless and without honor?
Does the pope shit in the woods?
>>
>>979642
Like a swarm of rats.
>>
>>974204
Lol no.
>>
>>979657
But you even see it with businessmen and religious leaders. How many anti-gay pastors with secret gay lovers have cropped up in the recent past?
Obviously people are aware that power breeds corruption, but has anyone ever done a real study on it?
Like, is there a causal relation between wealth and fame, and your willingness to lie and cheat. Does the system inherently favor dirty play, so to speak?
>>
>>979657
Uhh Ricky.. Stop shitposting
>>
>>979671
Yea there are a bunch of studies on wealth/power and inclinations towards sociopathic behavior.
>>
Is California really that bad or is it just noguns memes?
I live in Oklahoma and I can assure you whatever problems blue states have we have it worse. Most conservative state by far and it's a fucking shithole.
At least the fucking liquor stores don't close at 9:00pm in California
>>
>>979657
That's the way she goes boys
>>
>>979697
Its a different kind of bad.
>>
>>979710
How so? Oklahoma is a welfare state. Most people use food stamps, the roads are shit, the schools have no funding, the economy sucks, and we have a serious crime and meth problem. We were number 1 in teen pregnancy and STD rates for a few years too.

All I care about is working in the film industry. At least California has that.
>>
>>979729
>All I care about is working in the film industry.
move to B.C.
move to Tejas
>>
>>979697
Problem with California is that their state government is dominated by a bunch of idealist hippies who don't seem to understand how the world works. They enact a bunch of pants-on-head retarded policies under the guise of being "progressive," usually backfiring in hilarious ways and fucking the budget. The cost of living is absurd, and of course their gun laws are literally retarded.

And then you've got California "refugees" who leave the state to somewhere else (usually one of the bordering states or Colorado or Texas), only to try to turn whatever state they've moved to into another California.

We need to build a wall, and we need to make California pay for it.
>>
>>979453
Strom wasn't anymore racist than the average dixiecrat, he was just old as shit. When he first became governor in SC, he was seen as a liberal who helped dismantle the KKK and earned support from the NCAAP.
>>
File: Jesse+Helms[1].jpg (13 KB, 180x272) Image search: [Google]
Jesse+Helms[1].jpg
13 KB, 180x272
This is the biggest meme politician to ever grace the senate's floor. I already miss him.

>"Your tax dollars are being used to pay for grade school classes that teach our children that CANNIBALISM, WIFE-SWAPPING, and the MURDER of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior."

>The lone black senator from Illinois Carol Moseley-Braun recounted the story that Helms entered the Senate elevator, saw her, and began singing, "I wish I was in the land of cotton. . . . " and then looked at Sen. Hatch and said, 'I'm going to make her cry. I'm going to sing 'Dixie' until she cries.' An aide said that Helms described it as "a good-natured exchange".

>"Time and time again I have said to the black citizens, 'Let's work together.' At one time in my acceptance speech I specifically mentioned that I wanted to work with them. I said, 'Come to see me.' I had one delegation come to see me, and they wanted some free money from Washington."

>In 1995 on CNN‘s Larry King Live, a caller praised Helms for "everything you’ve done to help keep down the niggers." Helms’ response was to salute the camera and say, "Well, thank you, I think."

>In 1993, when then-president Bill Clinton wanted to appoint 'out' lesbian Roberta Achtenberg to assistant secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Helms held up the confirmation "because she's a damn lesbian", adding "she's not your garden-variety lesbian. She's a militant-activist-mean lesbian".

>Among Helms' goals are an end to the benchmark Voting Rights Act of 1965, the abolition of busing, the return of prayer to the public schools, and the so-called Family Protection Act, which, in addition to other measures of dubious wisdom and legality, would repeal federal laws against wife and child abuse.
>>
>>974144
People get fed up with listening to you read the unabridged encyclopedia of the North American chipmunk for 16 hours so they leave
>>
>>979642
>fuck up everything in your own state
It was going smooth until the drought hit, can't blame that on anyone.
>>
>>980663
How about not build in a fucking state that gets insane draughts for 200+ years.
>>980195
What a based individual.
>>
>>980990
>How about not build in a fucking state that gets insane draughts for 200+ years.
Our checkers games are the same as anyone else's.
>>
>>981093
No, California has always been the land of the devil and greed
>>
>>981128
We also have Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, and Death Valley. I often go to Death Valley or Joshua tree on the weekend. Name one other state with our combination of natural beauty and hellish tourist-repelling heat.
>>
>>974015

Speaking of filibusters...

Lyndon Baines Johnson.

And his P E N I S.
>>
>>981562
J U M B O
U
M
B
O
>>
>>981562
LBJ was quite possibly the most based man in US history.
>>
>>981850
>Responsible for turning America into a multiracial hellhole
>Based
What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>981850
>fucking up Vietnam
>muh Great Society
"based"
>>
>>981971
America was always a multiracial hellholes

Americans themselves are a mongrel race of Anglo-Saxons, Hibernians, Germans, and other such barbarians
>>
>>975150

Kek. In Spain you can't do that, there's a time limit for how long can you stand talking, and also the content of your speech, moderated by the speaker.

It wouldn't really matter anyway because there is a estanlished, separate schedule for the voting.

This filibuster thing is so childish it's ridiculous.
>>
>>980195

Kek. Well that's one thing I like about the american; you can elect your representatives personally as opposed to voting for a party.

The downside is that it probably is a clusterfuck to organize party line voting in one single direction.
>>
>>982017
It's childish but it has been proven to work several times.
>>
File: large_1a5548ff.jpg (456 KB, 867x1200) Image search: [Google]
large_1a5548ff.jpg
456 KB, 867x1200
>>974015
I think a good Australian example would be Harold Holt, but only because he's the first and only prime minister from any nation to drown in office

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Holt#Disappearance

>On the morning of Sunday 17 December 1967, Holt, his neighbour and rumoured lover, Marjorie Gillespie, her daughter, Vyner, Vyner's boyfriend, Martin Simpson, and a Gillespie family friend, Alan Stewart, drove down from Melbourne to see the lone British yachtsman Alec Rose sail through Port Phillip Heads. Around noon, the party drove to one of Holt's favourite swimming and snorkelling spots, Cheviot Beach on Point Nepean near Portsea, on the eastern arm of Port Phillip Bay. Holt decided to go swimming, although the surf was high and fierce.[4][26][27]

>Holt began swimming, but he soon disappeared from view. Fearing the worst, the others raised the alert. A large contingent of police, Royal Australian Navy divers, Royal Australian Air Force helicopters, Army personnel from nearby Point Nepean and local volunteers converged on the beach. This quickly escalated into one of the largest search operations in Australian history,[28] but no trace of Holt could be found.
>>
>>982629
How do you just lose a PM like that? ffs australia
>>
>>982629
Does the Australian government have a group dedicated to protecting political officials from death?
>>
>>982653
>implying anyone would try to assassinate an australian politician

we're too irrelevant for that kind of thing
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 855x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 855x643
>>979402
>Being this stupid
>>
>>981850
kek
>>
>>974587
In what ways is Obama a meme politician?
>>
File: 1460248790003.jpg (35 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
1460248790003.jpg
35 KB, 600x497
Filibustering for 24 hours straight isn't normal, but on meth it is.
>>
>>979729
California has the highest poverty rate in the nation despite being one of the most prosperous states. This is because of their very high cost of living combined with oodles of ridiculous government policies.
>>
>>979402

>its a "democrat desperately tries to shift all the shame of his party onto republicans" post
>>
>>979402
The Democratic Party was created by Andrew Jackson.

Democrats just became total cucks.
>>
>>974056

You have been trained very well by your freshman year of university education to hate the right people that most of your cohort would not be able to name. You may eat this biscuit, and I shall attach a ribbon to your arm so that all shall know that you have properly reproduced what has been said to you.

Now, elucidate for me, in exact terms, the hypocrisy of fucking black people available to one's self while opposing the above legislation.
>>
>>974015
Not really historical, but holy shit Robert Morrow is banking on the memes
https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/716121718897512448
>>
>>986453
Because he committed miscegenation.
>>
>>974034
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
>>
>>979385
>after 1964, as a Republican
>>
>>986453
suh dude, the jewish illuminati cultural marxism SJW cuckold freemason cathedral has nothing to do with one white man saying that black people should live separately from white people and then ramming his ol' WHITE pecker right down some Pure Chocolately Mocha Ebony Nubian Poozle, which is doing quite another. Advocating one thing and doing more or less completely the opposite is hypocrisy.
>>
>>986453
>Blacks and Whites should live apart and separately
>Unless I want to get my dick wet, then it's free game.

How do you get so good at jumping through hoops? How is this not hypocrisy?
If he really believed anything he supported he would live by them. Either he is a liar or a hypocrite
>>
>>974204
An autist to surpass the metal gear
>>
>>986453
Why does the alt-right always jump straight do personal insults around here? Do others do the same?
>>
>>979402
>>979412
>>982701
>>986338
>>986451

Southern Conservatives had been strongly associated with the Democrat Party until after the New Deal when they became a party within a party, known as the Dixiecrats. After the passage of the Civil Right Act Nixon courted them with his southern strategy, but he only baked the pie. Reagan was the one who took it out of the oven and made Republican synonymous with conservative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
>>
>>986607
bruh, their political analysis never goes beyond "cock and pussy joined together" and you wonder why they get personal.
>>
>>986607
were you expecting an articulate, educated opinion?
>>
>>986638
>Cutting taxes means you hate blacks
Is that the moral of this image?
>>
>>986666

>needs mo gibsmedats
>>
>>986666
No Satan, it means you use charged terms to subconsciously manipulate racist voters into voting against their interests. I suggest you read the wiki entry.
>>
>>986688
>You think you want it, but you really don't.

Blizzard tier
>>
>>982003

But you cannot dent the fact that he was showing his junk to literally everyone

Also he did go on record to say we went to war for his P E N I S. By showing his Jumbo.

I mean, yeah, it's hella childish, but fuck, that's dank.
>>
>>974034
There's a pretty good west wing episode on this if you have Netflix or want to torrent it.
Season 2 Episode 17; The Stackhouse Filibuster
>>
>>986796
>netflix has west wing
Whelp, time ti fire up that old shared account.
>>
>>974015
>Every Fascist dictator ever
>Every Communist dictator ever
>>
>>986276
I'd assume it would be the fact he relied heavily on social media for his election platforms.
>>
This guy.
>>
Has there ever been a tag-team filibuster?
>>
>>979589
Stay away southerners
>>
>>974121
It happens in the British Parliament as well, though to a lesser extent. As long as you remain on-topic the speaker cannot stop you
>>
>>987692
Wendy Davis had another representative cover for her after she collapsed after speaking for too long. Her filibuster is particularly impressive because she did it in Texas, where you actually have to stay on topic and can't eat or drink or take any sort of break
>>
File: brutal.png (49 KB, 564x291) Image search: [Google]
brutal.png
49 KB, 564x291
>>987669
Not a politican, but definitely an absolute madman
>>
File: our lord and savior frogposting.png (321 KB, 635x854) Image search: [Google]
our lord and savior frogposting.png
321 KB, 635x854
>>988848
I swear if he gets elected it'll be the dankest 4-8 years ever.
>>
>>988896
>Just talked with King Salman re: women's rights. The women there are so beautiful, such a shame they hide them!
>>
>>986607
>Why does the alt-right always jump straight to personal insults around here?
>around here

Where do they ever display other means of discussion?
>>
File: trump hater.jpg (22 KB, 540x314) Image search: [Google]
trump hater.jpg
22 KB, 540x314
>>989002
The advent of the internet has ruined both the right and the left level of discourse, I think
>>
File: Registered Republican.jpg (489 KB, 1728x879) Image search: [Google]
Registered Republican.jpg
489 KB, 1728x879
>>989010
yeah :/
>>
>>974221

>grandmother's biscuit recipe

If anyone has way too much free time, please try to find it because I am immensely curious

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/Thurmond_filibuster_1957.pdf
>>
>>989010
>>989030
I'm fairly certain political arguments and debates only serve to make people hate eachother more.

Can anyone provide ONE example from history where a debate ended with one side admitting he had changed his position to the opponent?
The internet just makes the vitriol more visible. You don't have to pretend you don't hate the other team
>>
>>989061
Well, usually you don't debate to convince the other side, you debate to convince the neutral and undecided ones
>>
>>989064
I guess that is true. It's hard to find anyone nowadays though who is truly undecided on things.
Even moderates and fence sitters are dedicated to sitting on the fence
>>
>>986638
>chris hayes

that quote has been taken out of context by liberals for 30 years.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.