[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GIVE ME AN ALTERNATIVE CAPTION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Visigothcartoon[1].jpg (123 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
Visigothcartoon[1].jpg
123 KB, 800x539
make me laugh, /his/
>>
le muslims
>>
>
>
>
>>
>>973167
The Jew did this.
>>
>>973167
Hey now, we kept the heated baths in order!
Books make good kindling.
>>
>>973207

THANK YOU

OP here, actually serious I have a history exam in two hours and I need an alternative caption for this.

One major overarching theme of the course is the tension between continuity of Rome (i.e. in Western Barbarian states/Byzantines, etc.) vs. the narrative of collapse.
>>
>>973250

Western Barbarian states were all at odds with the Byzantines. Except the Franks, that just like during the times of the WRE, were always on the roman side against the rest of barbarians/germanic tribes.
>>
>>973167

steeeenking rats
>>
We only want to escape the war
>>
>>973410

No, you misunderstood, I was explaining the historiographic narrative. I.e. are the Byzantines and Western Barbarians the successors (and thus there exists a continuity) of Roman culture/identity, etc. OR did the fall of Rome symbolize a sudden collapse of all things Roman.

And not all, Clovis was chill with the Byzantines.
>>
>>973464

Well it's a rather black or white proposition, and the correct answer is neither but grey.

Except for the western barbarian state of Perfidious Albion, in which case the obvious answer is black.
>>
File: 1460472609957.jpg (215 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
1460472609957.jpg
215 KB, 800x539
>>973167
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.