[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Waterloo stolen from Napoleon? >Has Wellington almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1457588458426.gif (12 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1457588458426.gif
12 KB, 501x585
Was Waterloo stolen from Napoleon?
>Has Wellington almost BTFO
>Suddenly based Prussians show up and the entire battle changes
I know there's no such thing as a fair war, but geez. The Eternal Anglo really got off lucky there.
>>
>>972845
>based Prussians show up
>based Prussians
>Prussians
>based
>Germans
>based
Reported
>>
>based prussians
>>
Waterloo was stolen from the Prussians, yes.

>>972862
>>972894

desu Prussia and duchy of Bradenburg were really cool German states.
>>
>>972845
Brittish history:

>stupid Dutch prince riding and wrecking the battlefield

>English monarchy not even present on the battlefield like cowards

The ETERNAL anglo.
>>
>>972911
who proceeded to destroy europe for the next two centuries.
>>
File: 1456571957204.jpg (114 KB, 457x450) Image search: [Google]
1456571957204.jpg
114 KB, 457x450
>>972911
>>
>>972925

I'm talking about the KINGDOM of Prussia and DUCHY of Bradenburg. The 1900's German "Empire" is not really comparable to 1700's Prussia.
>>
You can add that to the list of things Germany ruined.
>>
File: the eternal anglo.png (98 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
the eternal anglo.png
98 KB, 501x585
I wonder who could be behind this
>>
>>972934
Guess who created it though.
>>
>People talking about how the battle was stolen from the French or Germans
>None talking about how the whole war was stolen form the Russian
I don't know about your shithole, but in my shithole Russia seems to be almost wholly ignored in favor for Britain whenever the Defeat of Napoleon is brought up apart from some notes about Napoleon freezing in Russia a bit.
>>
Wellington managed to hold on for hours against a well planned and executed attack with a rag-tag force with some of his troops being of seriously dubious quality - he didn't win the battle sure, but it doesn't mean he didn't do well with what he had.
>>
File: pepler.png (74 KB, 402x428) Image search: [Google]
pepler.png
74 KB, 402x428
>>972862
>>972894
>triggered frogs
>>
>>972845
But it's a pointless argument because the ONLY reason Wellington fought Waterloo was because he had a guarantee from Blucher that he would come to support him.
>>
>>973018
Unfortunately, no one likes Imperial Russia besides wanting to bang a bunch of princesses
>>
>>973018
the russians weren't that impressive senpai
their weather was tho
>>
>>973426
Not really the point, the question is whether or not Waterloo was stolen from Napoleon. It seems really unfair (Europe's premiere powers vs. 1 man and his charisma) and the Anglos didn't even care enough to send a proper force against Napoleon. And now Wellington gets all the credit.
>>
If it wasn't muddy Napoopan would have won.
>>
>>973706
The Russians had probably the most second effective military after the French. Of course, when your allies are the Austrians in decline, Prussians in a slump, and deluded Brits, it's not hard to look good.
>>
>>973010
The same country literally 200 years later.

How similar is America currently to the America in 1800?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.