[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chamberlain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Neville_chamberlain1921.jpg (8 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
Neville_chamberlain1921.jpg
8 KB, 200x279
What do British people think about this fucking traitor?
>>
Traitor how?
>>
>>972382
Treaty of Munich
>>
>>972390
Ha ha, honestly thought you were gonna say something like "He betrayed the Aryan case for the JEws" for a moment.

And I don't think you can call him a traitor unless he had personal reasons to do it. He thought that was the best way to secure a peace for the Brittish people or at least allowing her to not go unprepared into war, having the destruction of the last war in fresh memory.
>>
>>972393
>He thought that was the best way to secure a peace for the Brittish people

As did the vast majority of British people at the time, let's not forget.
>>
I can't understand why he was elected. History made him seem like an incompetent ghost.
>>
>>972393
Czechoslovakia was British ally and last democracy in middle Europe. And he signed treaty that gave all of Czechoslovakian defence lines and large amount of industry to Germany.
It maybe isn't personal but it still is dick move
>>
>>972401
Not his fault the guy after him was a self-glorification drama queens on the same level as Von Manstein.

I think he had a rather good school policy that was rather popular, everything was just overshadowed by his policy in before world war 2.
>>
>>972410
It's the same thing that happened to Angela Merkel, she was loved by most people, then the immigrants happened and now everyone hates her.
>>
>>972428
Though Chamberlain was more a victim of the policies of others, while Merkel is having it as her own vision to make Europe open up for the refugees.
>>
Wasn´t Stanley Baldwin the main responsable of pants down policy?
>>
>>972447
Did anyone have any popular support to not go onto a pants down policy?
>>
>>972447
As an czech nationalist I was focused on hating Chamberlain but I will learn more about this man. Thank you.
>>
>>972448
Churchill I believe.
>>
>>972380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwmuPTa0To
>>
>>972455
And he didn't come in power until after Hitler had broken the Munich agreement and invaded Poland and it was clear the Germans were ready to just go on and on and that their promises was worth jack shit.
>>
>>972380
>I have a childlike understanding of history; the post

durr why didnt that lame KEK just bombum germum straid away!!!
>>
Chamberlain catches a lot of shit because it's easier to heap blame on individuals conveniently responsible than understand the underlying social & geopolitical factors that lead to that outcome.

With the benefit of hindsight we can decry his pusillanimity and say that he made the wrong moves, but there was no shortage of sensible reasons for making those decisions at the time. Which is the thing people forget.
>>
>>972458
I like to imagine what would it be like if Churchill was vice minister in 1938
Hitler: pls give me sudetland
Chorchill: nope
Hitler: but...but...Germany must be great again
Churchill: fuck off you comunist!
>>
>>972471
>vice minister

underage b&
>>
>>972471
>1939
>Hitler and Stalin invades Poland
>Churchill declares war at both
>Royal navy start attacking Soviet positions in black and pacific sea
>Hitler and Stalin are pushed even closer together into a super alliance
While he had a few good ideas, I personally think you are lucky most of his plans didn't get through.
>>
>>972474
Sorry. We don't have prime minister where I live and I don't understand the difference between prime and vice.
>>
>>972480
sorry, my bad
>>
>>972478
I know that he would fuck everything up in 1939 but in 1938 he would go just against Hitler and Mussolini.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.