[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think that the Congo Free State gets an unnecessarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg (136 KB, 695x1041) Image search: [Google]
Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg
136 KB, 695x1041
Does anyone else think that the Congo Free State gets an unnecessarily bad rap?
>>
hands lel
>>
What would the necessary rep be in your eyes?
>>
>>972255
It doesnt get a bad enough of one, since most people dont know or care about it and it was genuinely horrific
>>
>>972255
It killed 1/10 of the entire population of africa
>>
>>972265

Things were better after Leopold got the fuck out

Congo now is a shit
>>
>>972273

Congo was never good.
>>
>>972265

I'll bet you watch John Green videos too
>>
>>972297

>He was a good boy!
>>
>>972265
They were pretty much caught red handed and nobody cared.

Cuts me up inside.
>>
>>972255
No, but I do think a lot of the blame placed on Leopold as malevolence, was probably actually just personal inability to manage a junk of land that large on his own.
>>
>>972300

Leopold II was a good boy, my left-leaning redditor friend, as >>972327 said his colony probably became too large to manage.
>>
>>972255
It was pure shit.
Easy as that, it was so bad other euros with colonies were shocked as hell because even though they did pretty nasty shit it wasn't as bad as Leopold's Congo.
>>
>>972279
Leopold was that point in a movie where people say "it can't get worse" then something worse happens.
>>
>>972336
>>972336
He was a good boy who dindu nuffin and just wanted to spread the word of European civilization.
>>
>>972373

Why yes, that's exactly why. Niggers need to be taught a lesson or two you know. They can't ever compete with Europe unless we teach them.

Thanks for agreeing with me, reddit.
>>
>Congo
>Free
>State
>>
File: Get Fucked 3.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Get Fucked 3.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>972336
I'd recommend you fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of
I never said he wasn't a dick that dindu nuffin wrong
All I said was that it's entirely plausible that personal oversight of the Congo would have been too difficult for one man to handle effectively. It's a very large piece of land
>>
File: Carl.png (455 KB, 810x688) Image search: [Google]
Carl.png
455 KB, 810x688
>>972411

Topkek, defending niggers are we, fuck you too faggot.
>>
well Belgium still has a statue of Leopold II surrounded by kneeling adoring congolese dedicated to the brave Leopold II saving the congolese from the arab slavers
>>
>>972398
I really wonder if people unironically think these things
>>
>>972438

Yes. You'd be surprised.
>>
>>972371
That kept happening after Leopold too.
>>
>>972451
actually the era post leopold till the independence was a fairly decent and stable one

then shitstorm 2.0 started and never stopped
>>
>>972279
It was fine until the 1850s
>>
>>972485
>>972504

>say my arse

t.you
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.