[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you on 9/11?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: Larry Silverstein.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Larry Silverstein.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Where were you on 9/11?
>>
>>969124
i was fucking your mom op
>>
>>969124
I was at home watching tv
>we interrupt your afternoon cartoons to bring you images from a plane crash on the world trade center...
>>
File: 1458441606898.gif (59 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
1458441606898.gif
59 KB, 500x693
>>969124
In daycare. It's funny, I never learned about 9/11 until the next year once I started school.
>>
>>969124
I think I was in preschool or something similar. 9/11 was a big deal in my area because NYC is so close you can see it from the hilly parts of town, and a lot of people worked there. About a dozen of residents of my town ended up dying that day, including the father of a girl who I went to school with from Kindergarten up through middle school.
>>
File: 1346623064201.png (200 KB, 351x345) Image search: [Google]
1346623064201.png
200 KB, 351x345
Watching Diagnosis Murder on BBC1.
>>
In the car, dad was driving, he turns the radio on, the WTC was demolished and I wasn't sure if I heard it right the first time.

It's your typical day.
>>
Has it been 25 years already?
>>
I was in Bejing with my dad sitting in a café when we saw the WTC burning on a small shitty TV. I remember most people in the place were actually pretty happy and they told my dad that the US got what they deserved
>>
On the shitter, same as most other noteworthy events in my life.
>>
At home with my brother and father, watching it on our TV (good for the time), I remember my father picking up the phone and telling my mother to drop everything and come home and that "the United States was under attack."

I happen to be off from pre-school that day.
>>
> please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago
fun is NOT allowed, plz delet
>>
File: slab.png (270 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
slab.png
270 KB, 512x384
>>969135
>mfw the cartoons were scarier
>>
At home playing with toys. Dad was in another room watching the tv when the news broke, and when the second tower was hit he rushed upstairs to tell my mom who was in the shower, and they both came down and watched it unfold. Thankfully they were smart enough to not traumatize their child by freaking out, so I have no memory of it.
>>
I was in jr high, no one really told us anything the entire day for some reason, i mean americas was being attacked and i didnt find out till i was writing for the bus back home and some kids yelled we are going to war, then i thought about ww2 movies and said "cool".
When i got home it was on every channel but i was mad because i wanted to watch pokemon.
A few months later we had to write some essay about it and i just wrote "that nigga want oil"
>>
>>969124
I was at daycare in Northern New Jersey. I just remember everyone was freaking the fuck out
>>
Wasn't born yet :^)
>>
CRASHING THIS PLANE
>>
File: bane-911.png (2 MB, 648x1093) Image search: [Google]
bane-911.png
2 MB, 648x1093
>>970592
>>
I was still asleep on the West Coast

>>970396
Jesus christ that
>>
File: 1457154660382.jpg (216 KB, 1024x783) Image search: [Google]
1457154660382.jpg
216 KB, 1024x783
In middle school. I remember my mom watching, shocjed, and me not really caring. All we did in school was watch that day, and I knew I should join the military for my war afterwards.
>>
At a friend's house laughing at American getting cucked.
>>
>>969124
At 8:00 in the morning?
Threesome with me and my wife's girlfriend.
>>
>>969124
I was playing with Legos.
>>
at home watching tv with my parents

my sister's boyfriend called and told my dad to change the channel because "world war III just started"

i was a little spooked
>>
7/11 was a part time job
>>
I was in class in 3rd grade when I heard the news. I drew a picture of it and they sent me to the school counselor.
>>
>>969124
I was in bed. I didn't find out about the attacks until almost two hours after the first plane hit because I was busy getting ready for and on my way to school.
>>
>>969124
Woke up, wanted to watch Sesame Street, parents were watching news shit, changed channel, they got mad, went to watch it in their bedroom instead.

Barely registered as an event in my mind for years.
>>
>>970788
8*5 is a full time job
>>
4th grade science class.

Teachers showed it on the tv. I didnt know what the WTC was but the teachers were so nervous and concerned that a girl started to cry.
>>
playing nintendo 64 i believe.

Only got to know about the accident later, but as a hue it didn't really affect me.
>>
File: tmp_18499_144473690849119(...).gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18499_144473690849119(...).gif
2 MB, 297x229
>>969124
I was in quasi-history class.

The guido scumfuck teaching had to mix his sick little fantasy into reporting it. Which happened to be about the middle east getting thoroughly nuked in "retaliation". I can't wrap my head around how much that shit disturbed me. The closest I remember is after I calmed down, and then a few days later the immense disappointed I felt when the WTC casualty figures were revised down from 20 000 to 6 000.

This was same power tripping asshole that cheered on the assassination of Pim Fortuyn later.
>>
People yonger than 25 shouldn't be allowed to post on /his/.
>>
>>970788
kek
>>
>>972116
History is a young mans game old man.
>>
In school I imagine
didnt find out about it until later, the slut down the street told me about it in passing, didnt pay it much thought at the time. I am not American though
>>
>hey kid guess what
>muslims killed people

Wow, that's sure new
>>
>Pull it
What did he mean by this?
>>
I was in one of the planes that crashed in 9/11.
AMA
>>
I think it was my 3rd or 4th day of kindergarten
I didn't know exactly what it was until it's fifth anniversary when I had to write an essay on it, and I wrote about the 911 emergency call services and their function. I got into big trouble because we had a military parade at the school and several big speeches before the assignment. Until then I didn't even know we where at war and assumed all the "We are the greatest country in the world" propaganda was noting how we where the only country with electricity and shit (only exposure to other cultures was Disney's Victorian era stereotypes, 3rd worlders from Nepal, and Japanese anime)
That marked the point I began my edgy anarchist phase.
>>
>>969124
Was my senior year of high school, my dad woke me up to watch the news. Popped onto C-SPAN to hear some story about a crazy accident where a plane flew into one of the WTC buildings.

>Then I watched the second plane hit live, there was a long pause before someone spoke
>"This is no accident. The United States of America is under attack."

I guess that seems melodramatic for some of the 'kids' here, but everything fell out from under us that day. It was the first attack on US soil in sixty years for fucks sake.
>>
>>969124
I turned 6 the month before. I remember hearing about it at about 6 PM (When my parents would watch the news), but I didn't really understand what was going on. I also remember them watching the news for the rest of the night.

I vividly remember everyone in school talking about it the next day, and the teachers trying to explain to us what had happened. It didn't affect life here (the Netherlands) all that much.
>>
Trying to watch Cheez TV
>>
I was in class, brooklyn ny. some kid ran in to tell us the news. we initially thought it was nothing, because just days before some bball player flew his single seater into a skysgraper somewhere in the city. we learned what really happened real quick, and school was dismissed. so we went over to our boy max house, blazed and ordered pizza. i remember having a blast with the tivo rewind function and the cnn footage
>>
>>969124
I was outside trying to climb the tv antenna outside our house. I got scolded and I went back inside because it was getting dark.
They showed it on the tv and I thought it was pretty cool.

I ain't american.
>>
Some little kids on this board, man... wtf am I doing here.

I was 11. I had just started 6th grade. I live on Long Island, a 45-minute train ride from Manhattan. I had been to the top of the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and had plans to go with my father to the top of the WTC exactly one week later. All the teachers kept quiet like they were told, but my asshole music teacher blabbed about it in my last class of the day. The bus ride home was thrilling. I had this adrenaline rush. My teacher had just told me that the Twin Towers had fallen, that they weren't there anymore... how could that be possible? I got off at my bus stop, and as I was walking toward my house I saw my mother's boyfriend walking towards me from the other direction. When we met in front of the house, I was all "did you hear what happened?! They said the Twin Towers..." We went inside, and he turned on the TV. Sometime later, my neighbor two doors away started screaming, wailing... for hours into the night. Her son was an NYC firefighter, he was never found. I remember that night there was talk about how there might be a draft, and that I might have to join the military someday.

About a week and a half later, I went into the city with my father. He was an Army combat photographer during Vietnam. We went to Ground Zero together and took some pictures.
>>
File: 1445719920275.jpg (131 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1445719920275.jpg
131 KB, 525x809
>>970788
Hardest I've laughed at a 4chan post in months. Good job, anon.
>>
>>969124
I am not American.

At the time, my mother was at work and I was at home with my dad.

He just watched the TV and calmly told me (the report had no indication of who the perpetrators were) that the US was going to go to war with Russia.
>>
>>972494
then you must have not been on the internet in months considering that overused joke has been used billions of times, and it becomes less funny each time

by now it's literally negative funny
>>
In Australia, it was about 11:30pm, I was watching Deep Space 9 when a bulletin came in during an ad break
>>
>>969200
What the fuck is wrong with the Chinese?
>>
>>969200
Wut? So most chinese hate the US?
>>
>>972472
>Some little kids on this board, man
reminder 18 year olds where 2 when 9/11 happened
Reminder there are people having sex right now who where born after 9/11
Reminder there are adults who have no memory of the USA before the surveillance state/paranoia culture
>>
I don't really remeber where i was cuz i didn't give a shit about it.My dad came from work and was happy about it.That confuse me but latter on when i was older and smarter i know why he was happy about it.Btw not happy for victims,just wants to watch murica burn i guess.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.