[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is class a spook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1361811689931.jpg (27 KB, 386x520) Image search: [Google]
1361811689931.jpg
27 KB, 386x520
Is class a spook?
>>
>>969095

Spooks are a spook.
>>
>>969099
No, no one puts spooks above themselves.
>>
>>969105
"no" is a spook
>>
>>969109
>I don't understand the concept of a spook so I have to ironically meme to hide my ignorance.
>>
>>969095
No, it's a material reality.
>>
>>969126
Explain
>>
>>969095
Depends, like for example, the Indian Caste system would be a spook.

Although, that is not to say that there is no clear division between who holds power, and who does not.
>>
>>969154
Class is based on material conditions, so, for example, when Marxists talk about class they're talking about the relationship to the means of production. This is not a spook, as it isn't just ideas.
>>
>>969165
Yeah it's a spook.
Stirners passage about a dog/nigger being just the same as a white man when your drowning is about exactly this.

You could make the argument it's a spook more firmly rooted in everyday experience, but capital C class is a spook
>>
>>969095
No, your thoughts and desires are programmed into your brain, they are as much a part of the universe as the air you breathe and the grass you walk on and they can only be changed with great difficulty.

For example, try to make yourself believe the moon is made of cheese, you can't really make yourself believe it, only lie. Make yourself stop thinking about your oneitis, it would take months of operant conditioning to accomplish this.

In the same way the belief that you and a demographic share the same interests or your elite clique should be an exception are concrete, not spooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmeCru4n0yg
>>
>>969095
Yes.
>>
>>969095
Different people having different amounts of material wealth is not a spook. The idea that you should owe some sort of allegiance to the 'proletariat' by reason that you all lack material wealth is a spook though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.