[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, who actually were the Huns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 7701258.jpg (38 KB, 330x418) Image search: [Google]
7701258.jpg
38 KB, 330x418
So, who actually were the Huns?
>>
>>965253
A multiethnic confederation consisting mainly of Ural-Altaics.
>>
File: the-white-stag.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
the-white-stag.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>965253
I read this as a kid, no idea how accurate it was but it's about as deep as I care to look into them.
>>
Barely anything because of that one Byzantine emperor

1204 was justified

Pax Van Tibi Geli Mar Start Cee Mevs
>>
>>965409
Sta*
>>
Anon is totally right about the multiethnic confederation. Basically there were some people who were servants of a noble family on the steppe who eventually ended up around the Volga. One of the children of the head warrior guy was this dude named Attila, who are awesome at fighting.

People who tried to fuck with Attila and were subsequently assraped were examples that he was good at fighting and leadership and shit. So when Attila approached people and was like, "you want loot from that sweet shit across the Danube?", then answered yes as opposed to being assraped by Huns.

If you want to know more about the organization of steppe peoples I would suggest "The Headless State", a book by David Sneath.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>965253
The finns of course.
>>
As far as I know they were a group of turks driven out by the Han and they made their way west and conquered a shit ton of tribes
>>
>>965476
>>965253
They were the Fins after the Finno-Jorean Hyper-War.
>>
>>965476
>>966477
Pan-turanists are mentally ill.

Finns are norse and germanic.
>>
File: 1447016724718.jpg (51 KB, 486x604) Image search: [Google]
1447016724718.jpg
51 KB, 486x604
>>966508
Finns are mongols
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.