[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the greatest thief in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: pie cooling on windowsill.jpg (44 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
pie cooling on windowsill.jpg
44 KB, 500x399
Who was the greatest thief in history?
>>
The eternal anglo
>>
perfidious albion
>>
>>961747
the one we've never heard of
>>
>>961774
Kek
>>
>>961747

The Eternal Anglo on a world scale

Hermann Goering and his petty theft was pretty balls to the walls.
>>
>>961747
Israel, if we are going to believe bible tales.

>sorry your land belongs to us now because God, who talk to us only, said so to a goatfucker from Ur some centuries ago.
>but don't worry we are going to kill males only, females we will keep as sexslaves.
>>
File: thewildbunch.jpg (63 KB, 708x516) Image search: [Google]
thewildbunch.jpg
63 KB, 708x516
>>
File: 220px-Wilhelmvoigt.jpg (12 KB, 220x289) Image search: [Google]
220px-Wilhelmvoigt.jpg
12 KB, 220x289
Easily Wilhelm Voigt
>>
Sir John Blunt
>>
>>961747

The 1963 Great Train Robbery.

Really amazing.
>>
>>962587
I'll still never understand how they stole a train
>>
>>962598

There's a 2013 movie (as far as I know, not released in theaters) that does a great job of reconstructing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Train_Robbery_(2013_film)

The movie used to be on Netflix (it might still be). I thought it was great, though it IS a move all the same, so there are MANY things that from my reading on the robbery make the movie's portrayal,well, seem like a movie portrayal.
>>
The British
>>
>>961747
Not sure, but I'm sure it was a Jew.
>>
>>962617
Business got to run. Fools got to eat.
>>
D.B. Cooper was an amazing their who was never caught
>>
Brits desu
>>
All the best ones never got caught. Did one or two big jobs for a rich guy and were set for life and retired from crime. Look at all the historical relics that mysteriously end up in private collections?
Theres a wiki page for unsolved museum heists
>>
Bernie Madoff stole more than any other person history.
>>
>>962862
*IN history.

Penises.
>>
>>962862
Bernie Madoff is a drop in the bucket, theres many just like him.
They had proof of him being suspicious in the 90s but never made a move on him until he started ripping off fellow jewish organisations like that jewish womens club. Then he gets investigated and everyone associated with him and some family start dropping of mysterious illnesses or "suicide"
Shits sketchy as hell mate, and im not even /pol/
>>
>>962543
This. Everyone found his thievery more funny than terrible, even Wilhelm II thought it was hilarious, so he wound up gaining a small fortune through touring and whatnot.

Then lost it all in the Depression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Voigt
>>
>>962862
Didn't John Blunt steel more than anyone in history?
>>
Yes.
>>
the pink panther are pretty good. They're more robbers than thieves tho and I guess their golden age is over.
>>
You wouldn't know who the greatest the if is. Just like you'll never know who the most effective spy
>>
File: Naples Apulia Jason.jpg (125 KB, 294x432) Image search: [Google]
Naples Apulia Jason.jpg
125 KB, 294x432
Jason and the Argonauts
>>
>>963988
Fucking this. Alternatively Aeneas and his Trojan exiles who stole land from the Italians.
>>
>>963988
>>964074
Does that really count as history? They're legends..
>>
>>961774
underrated post
>>
>>964093
Well Aeneas is bollocks, but Jason is very likely based on some historical realities of Archaic Greek colonialism.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishikawa_Goemon
>don't boil me or my wife's son ever again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nezumi_Kozō
>>
Not the best but pretty interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Goody
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 1200x1200
>>961747
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.