[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank of Empires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: rekt4ever.jpg (747 KB, 2560x1588) Image search: [Google]
rekt4ever.jpg
747 KB, 2560x1588
What are the five (5, V, 1+1+1+1+1) greatest empires of all-time (any metric other than total area of control)?
>>
>>961440
Roman Empire
British Empire
Spanish Empire
Achaememid Empire
Mongol Empire
>>
>>961461
im assuming thats in descending order of dankness?

also, future posters plz use numbered listings
>>
>>961440
OP again, here's my own list

5. Mongoloids (1206-1368)
4. Burtish (1603-1997)
3. Romanians (27BC-1453AD)
2. USA!USA!USA! (1776-present)
1. Secret Reptilian Empire (????-present)
>>
>>961461
/thread
>>
>>961461
Looks good to me.
>>
Mongol Empire
Spanish Empire
British Empire
Tang China
Ottoman Empire
>>
>>961523
this one pretty much defines it

now fuck off back to /int/ unless you want to actually discuss history
>>
File: 1405282985147.jpg (20 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1405282985147.jpg
20 KB, 225x225
>>961440
By morality standards + human advancement + power (and because i'm a muslim):
5.Golden Horde
4.Seljuks
3.Fatimids
2.Mughals
1.Ottomans
>>
>>961440
1. Canadian empire
2. Doesn't matter
>>
>>961440
Roman Empire
British Empire
American Empire
Ottoman Empire
Spanish Empire
>>
>>965064
Depicting a frog as a Muslim is haram
>>
1: British Empire
2: Roman Empire
3: Mongol Empire
4: Spanish Empire
5: Ottoman Empire
>>
>>965064
Fuck off you stupid towel head sand nigger.
>>
>>966596
Roman above Britain, aside from that I agree
>>
>>961440
British Empire
Median + Acahaemenid Iranian Empire
Mongol Empire
French Empire
Roman Empire + Byzantine Empire tied with the Arsacid + Sassanid Empires
>>
File: British_Empire_1921.png (32 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
British_Empire_1921.png
32 KB, 1425x625
>>966596
Lovely.
>>
>>966596
>Ottoman
>>
File: Captain America.jpg (29 KB, 280x381) Image search: [Google]
Captain America.jpg
29 KB, 280x381
>>961440

The American Empire.
>>
1.Roman Empire
2.Han Dynasty China
3.British Empire
4.Napoleonic France
5.Ummayad Caliphate
>>
File: globalmilitarism58_14.jpg (1 MB, 4242x3000) Image search: [Google]
globalmilitarism58_14.jpg
1 MB, 4242x3000
>>966596
1. American Republic
>>
1. USSR (under late Stalin/early Khrushchev)
2. British Empire
3. Roman Empire
4. Egypt Old Kingdom
5. Carolingian Empire

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>969858
Actually I've made a mistake, move Britain to 5, everyone else 1 up.
The Brits didn't do much except land grabbing and resource robbing, they are just glorified mongols. On the list for the naval domination and some scientific advance, that's pretty much it.
>>
>>961440
1.Mongol Empire
2.Umayyad Caliphate
3.British Empire
4.Roman Empire
5.Spanish Empire
>>
>>969858
Aside from the Brits and Romans, I don't agree with your list.
>>
>>969963
USSR - one of the biggest empires on Earth.
First in space in everything, except the manned moon landing. USSR had rovers and probes on Mars and Venus and would colonize the whole Solar System if Khrushchev wasn't a retard in everything except space and technology.
Most powerful military and weapons on earth at the time, could obliterate the whole world 3 times over (Tzar Bomba is one hell of a drug).

Old Kingdom - spanned from Suez to the Horn of Africa. Had technology so sophisticated everyone still thinks it's aliens, somehow managed to civilize conquered Africans (a feat even the US still can't achieve).

Carolingian Empire - reassembled a big chunk of the western Roman Empire, which at the time was practically impossible, conquered what Rome couldn't (Britain) and forced the barbarians into civilization. Is pretty much behind the creation of HRE, England and France, who shaped the west as we know it.
>>
>>970055
>>969858
>not including the Persians
Still arguably the largest and greatest ancient empire before the medieval era and onward.
>>
>>961440
5. Mongol Empire (before Genghis died)
4. Spanish Empire (before losing the Americas)
3. Tang Dynasty (all)
2. British Empire (all)
1. Roman Empire (up to Constantine)
>>
>>970085
Was neither advanced (relatively to Greece or Zhou China for instance) nor very stable.
>>
File: Achaemenid_Iran_550-330_BCE.png (396 KB, 1463x1038) Image search: [Google]
Achaemenid_Iran_550-330_BCE.png
396 KB, 1463x1038
>>970127
>Was neither advanced
Wrong.
>relatively to Greece
Greece was relatively backwards to the Near East and Asia.
>not very stable
Untrue.
>>
>>970127
>Was neither advanced (relatively to Greece or Zhou China for instance) nor very stable.
This delusion
>>
>>968181
>Napoleonic France
>lasted 15 years
>>
>>970127
>Achaemenid Empire
>not advanced compared to Greece or Zhou China
I don't know anything about Chinese history but the claim compared to Greece is patently wrong on several accounts:

Persian architecture blended Greek, Egyptian, Assyrian, native Iranic, and Babylonian styles to create a unique. This is no different then the Romans who borrowed technologies and art styles of the people they conquered themselves. Also logistically speaking, the Achaemenids were extremely organized: the divisions of territories into multiple satrapies and infusion of different ideas made for a unique truly "global" empire and state for the Persians and their Iranian kinsmen. On top of that they had an early form of "checks and balances" with satraps being countered by local "eyes" of the King, royal agents and secretaries who answered directly to the court.

Secondly, the Achaemenids were a very interesting empire. We have hundreds of clay tablets alone that document payments, wages, salary caps, and records of hired laborers from various provinces who were paid based off their skill levels and talents they brought to Persepolis for example. They didn't use forced or slave labor.

Not even getting into Darius' canal at the Suez linking it with the Red Sea or the Royal Road systems. The Persians were plenty advanced.
>>
>>970055
USSR territory was for 95% endless permafrost forgotten by God
>>
>>970343
>>970353
Actually Greece only fell because it was divided and self-masturbatory. And the rest of the land was pretty much a wasteland with naked-ass tribes here and there.
It's exemplary how they struggled in battles against the tiny Greek city-states.

Once the Persians met a real organized resistance (Alexander) they got their shit pushed in so hard they stopped existing as an independent state.
>>
>>961440
Carthage Empire
Babylon Empire
Sasanian Empire
>>
>>970395
You know after the Persian Wars, the Persians had much greater success militarily against the Greeks right and your oversimplifying things to deflect from the nonsensical claim the Persians were not "advanced" which was proven wrong.

>real resistance
What about the Ionian Greeks who got their shit smashed in by Darius the Great and his generals despite possessing superior numbers while Darius was fighting a civil war for his throne?
>>
>>970395
Look up the Corinthian War. Or the Delian League's wars. An entire veteran army from Athens was annihilated outside of Memphis by a smaller Persian army.

Also what does Alexander have to do with the Persians being "not advanced"?
>>
>>970442
The Ionian revolt was staged because 1 Greek mini-king was afraid to be removed by other mini-kings and tried to save his ass.

they actually had their chance with Cyrus, but they pussied out and got what was coming to them.
>>
>>970127
Why are the Persians not advanced? Like one anon mentioned Darius constructed an earlier canal linking Egypt with the Red Sea. Persians even before establishing their first empire used Qanats, a precursor that worked very similarily to Roman aqueducts and aquifers, and hell one of the Seven Wonders of the World was a Persian Mausoleum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mausoleum_at_Halicarnassus
>>
>>970515
The Ionian Revolt was caused by a local Ionian Greek tyrant being an incompetent fuck up and corrupt asshole who was afraid that the Persian agents of Darius the Great would report him and he'd be executed for his crimes.

So he begged Athens and other mainland Greek states to send money so he could raise armies to fight for "Greek" freedom. There was no natural reason for the Ionian Revolt because the Persians were extremely hands off on interfering with local rulers.
>>
#5 Roman Empire (They truly set the bar for empires)

#4 Spanish Empire (acquiring large masses of wealth and power)

#3 Russian Empire ( I like the Russian Empire, rich history, and corrupt as fuck. It's beautiful)

#2 French Empire (literally made Europe it's bitch for several generations)

#1 British Empire (Litterally made the World it's bitch)

<Honorable Mention>
Austrian Empire (the literal shield against Ottomon cockroaches)
>>
>>969890
Land grabbing and resource robbing?
Sounds like an empire to me.
>>
>>970584
>that Eurocentricism
>>
>>970634
Is it wrong to not give a shit about the others? I have no interest in China, Mali, Sassnid, Aztec, or other empires. The only other place that I somewhat am interested in is Rwanda and being the African version of Prussia. That and their hardon for airborne troops.
>>
>>970656
>Sassnid
At least spell Sassanid right.
>>
>>970686
>Autismus Maximus

Told you, I don't give a shit about the Sassanid Empire.
>>
>>970735
>Autismus Maximus
Do you know what board you are on?
>>
5. Han Dynasty China
4. Spanish
3. British
2. Abbasid
1. Roman
>>
>>970738

well, it's not /int/

Besides, this is an opinion thread.
>>
>>970780
History and autism go hand in hand, my little friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1299x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1299x1600
>>961440
>>961523
>>961461
>>964122
>>965090
>>966596
>>966619
>>968155
>>969475
>>969858
>>969909
>>970120
>>970584
>ANGLO MEME EMPIRES

Both of them were shit and Anglos are a plague on the Earth.

Britain is literally Carthage tier and America is Assyrian Tier.

>Hey guys lets ruin war for the next 100 years by insisting on using marksmen

>HUR DUR HOW CAN wE Be LOSInG when we have these fancy MACHInes.

>HUR DUR IGNoRE HUmiNT
>HUR DUR FIREPOWer>>>Manuver
>>
>>970847
hurr durr they changed the world, faggot.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.