[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Christian Holy Trinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1437192936632.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437192936632.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
So, I think I just need a little bit more clarification on the subject:

What is the Holy Spirit supposed to be?

When we pray to one part of the Trinity, do we pray to all parts of it?

Also, not really related but slightly: when is mentioning the name "God" blasphemy? If, I was doing some type of meditative prayer, but was repeating His name over and over again in my mind, would that be multiple accounts of blasphemy? Do I need to attribute the word to something else?
>>
File: Trinity Spiel.png (110 KB, 1638x318) Image search: [Google]
Trinity Spiel.png
110 KB, 1638x318
>>960075
>>
Holy Spirit is divine wisdom
>>
>>960075

It's a ghost, like Casper.
>>
>>960082
i dont understand how any of that adds anything to the concept of there just being one god

it reads like an asspull justification made after the fact in order to explain how Jesus can be God and yet act like he is not God

>my god my god why have you forsaken me
>his behaviour in Gethsemane
etc
>>
he Holy Spirit is referred to as "the Lord, the Giver of Life" in the Nicene Creed, which summarises several key beliefs held by many Christian denominations. The participation of the Holy Spirit in the tripartite nature of conversion is apparent in Jesus' final post-Resurrection instruction to his disciples at the end of the Gospel of Matthew (28:19): "make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".[12] Since the first century, Christians have also called upon God with the name "Father, Son and Holy Spirit" in prayer, absolution and benediction.
>>
>>960111
>my god my god why have you forsaken me
Psalm 22 verse one man
>>
>>960111
Jesus is both the Son of Man and Son of God. He was sent to be our example and therefore He behaves in a way designed to teach us how we should behave. Stress and anxiety are part of human life and Jesus shows us how we respond to these forces. Jesus could have summoned a legion of angels at anytime to end his suffering but that would not have been instructive for us who do not posses such power.
>>
>>960137

All that means is the person that either Jesus was quoting a Psalm or that the person that wrote Luke essentially made up what Jesus said and was quoting a Psalm.

It adds nothing to the understanding of the Trinity.
>>
>>960146
The psalms were written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. When the Son quotes the psalms, He is quoting the Spirit.

The Son quoted the Spirit to the Father on the cross.
>>
>>960162
>The Son quoted the Spirit to the Father on the cross

Or to put it another way. God quoted God while talking to God on the cross.

It still adds nothing.
>>
>>960170
It adds a more precise way of speaking about God.
>>
>>960075
Holy spirit - shaman power
Son - the Emperor before Horus rebellion
Father - Emperor after Horus rebellion(he's dead bros)
>>
I just like how it's manifested in the Divine Comedy, neat stuff.
>>
File: H.gif (55 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
H.gif
55 KB, 500x200
>>960186
>>
>>960101
Sophia?
>>
>>960176

In what way?
>>
>>960230
By naming each person of the Trinity.
>>
>>960256

How does Psalm 22 name each God of the Trinity?
>>
>>960328
I'm referring to when the Son quoted Psalm 22 (aka the Spirit) to the Father on the cross.
>>
>>960548

And?

We know what you are referring to. The question was how does Jesus or the author or the Gospel of Luke quoting a psalm spread any light on the Trinity.
>>
>>960664
It is an example of their relationship; the Son speaking to the Father through the Spirit.
>>
>>960204
you nailed it, gnostikoi
>>
File: G.jpg (271 KB, 1000x855) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
271 KB, 1000x855
>>960101
>>960204
>>960936
Who pneumatic here?
>>
File: 1453861844216.jpg (200 KB, 928x960) Image search: [Google]
1453861844216.jpg
200 KB, 928x960
>>960952
Pneuma > Sarx
>>
>>960075
>The Father is Masculine energy
>Holy Spirit is feminine energy

Is this correct?
>>
>>961274
That's too Kabbalaic and reductionist of an explanation
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.