[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about these fucking things for a minute. They were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 32
File: Facts-About-Ancient-Pyramid-7.jpg (175 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
Facts-About-Ancient-Pyramid-7.jpg
175 KB, 800x700
Can we talk about these fucking things for a minute.

They were built around 2600 BCE. Most people just look at that and think "Yeah that's a really fucking old date, like with Cleopatra and shit".

No, 2600BCE is so long ago that it's barely half a millennia after the dawn of civilisation. The life of Jesus is not even HALF WAY between the current date and when the pyramids were built. Modern humans hadn't even reached the America's and these things were already built. They are Earth-shatteringly old.

So why did they make them? In Europe and in most of the world, people were just hunter-gatherers with no signs of civilisation. But in the desert, a group of people almost 5000 years ago decided to pile some rocks together.

WHy did they do it?
>>
The friendly Jewish slaves did it as a way of making money
>>
File: Half-animalistic monstrosities.png (909 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Half-animalistic monstrosities.png
909 KB, 1024x768
>>959313
They were colourful too.
>>
When the Nile floods it leaves clods of slit. When a seed is simply placed in these clods of silt it grows very well. This is how agriculture initially worked on the Nile and this is how they saw the source of all life. All life came from similar mounds of silt. When they wanted someone to go to the afterlife they created mounds to bury them in, to let the afterlife bloom.

The pharaohs supposedly were supposed to become gods upon death. Once gods they could help the people of Egypt, mainly by controlling the Nile's flooding so it didn't kill thousands of people. The great pyramids of Giza were therefore really really stupid attempts at damming the Nile.

It kind of makes me proud though that the Pyramids weren't simply monuments to the selfishness of singular men created by slaves but were instead the result of communities banning together to make the world a better place for themselves.
>>
>>959313
Pyramids started off much smaller. They just kept getting bigger until the great pyramid was built.

As to "why", the same could be asked about why Catholic churches were built to be so tall, while Greek churches were built with domes. It all comes down to religion and religious interpretation.
>>
File: 14598010221273.jpg (138 KB, 600x943) Image search: [Google]
14598010221273.jpg
138 KB, 600x943
>WHy did they do it?
To make tombs you idiot.
>>
>>959313
They had a very long time to build that you retard, you are acting as though they completed that in 20 years or something, given alot of time humans can build huge things.
>>
File: domu.jpg (112 KB, 960x637) Image search: [Google]
domu.jpg
112 KB, 960x637
>>959313
>Modern humans hadn't even reached the America's and these things were already built.

Le ironic shitposting maymay

>In Europe and in most of the world, people were just hunter-gatherers with no signs of civilisation.

Agriculture was present in Europe since 6000-5000 bc and there were already some proto-cities and large settlements in some parts of Europe and some monuments too (even if not nearly as impressive as the pyramids, I'll give you that)
>>
File: 1387952537022.jpg (77 KB, 672x701) Image search: [Google]
1387952537022.jpg
77 KB, 672x701
>>959313
>Modern humans hadn't even reached the America's and these things were already built.
>>
There are way older structures in the world y'know OP. The pyramids are just really famous (and quite over-rated).
>>
>>959313

> But in the desert, a group of people almost 5000 years ago decided to pile some rocks together.

Egypt was, and always has been, prosperous because the Nile river flows so predictably. Egypt alone fed all of the Roman Empire. Basically, whoever controls Egypt makes a shit ton of money.

They then built the Pyramids because some people figures out how to turn sand into buildings, and some dude was like "let's pile this shit really high" and everyone was like "Yeah, that sounds awesome!" Then the top dog was like "That is awesome when I die put me inside it."
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 355x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 355x356
>>959320
>seemingly never ending construction plans drawn up
>lucrative contracts galore
>mfw building the pyramids and sphinx was supposed to be a get-rich-quick-scheme gone awry
>mfw thats why we call them 'pyramid schemes'
>>
>>959338
>tombs
There's no evidence of them being used as tombs, Egyptologists decided that they were based on assumption and then decided that they couldn't possibly be wrong despite have nothing to back up their claims.

As to what they were actually used for, it's up for debate. What we do know is that they were made to line up with Orion's belt, they point in the four carnal directions, they are made of conductive stone encased in non-conductive stone above underground aquifers, they were built on the point of intersection of earth's magnetic field lines (I've forgotten the details of that theory), the Nile used to be much closer to the building site, and at least one has a built in observatory.
>>
>>959313
They were extremely prosperous and stable for a long time. They had megalomaniac god-kings suns on earth. They had a huge population with shit else to do during the Nile flooding periods. Muffuggen pyrmidz!
>>
>>959313

For the sake of immortality.

The Kings immortalized both themselves and their subjects forever in the construction of these great monuments. And the Pyramids were even more astonishing originally, when the mirror-like surfacing stones were still intact.
>>
File: RareStalin.jpg (157 KB, 560x618) Image search: [Google]
RareStalin.jpg
157 KB, 560x618
>>959756

Here's another rare Stalin.

I like how he killed commies btw.
>>
Here's the gist of what happened;

>If I stack up some rocks, they fall over!
>If I stack up rocks with a large base that gradually reduces in size, I can stack up a lot!
>I can apply this to a whole lot of rocks, and build tall things without the need for complex materials or advanced structural engineering!
>I can apply this on the scale of a civilization and build really tall things!
>>
>built around 2600 BCE

roflmao
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>BCE

It's BC you fucking cuck.

As in Before Christ.
>>
Blacks did it. Look at all the other ancient black civilizations such as the Han Chinese, ancient Greece, Aztecs, Finnish Empire etc. for proof.

t. negus
>>
Yeah it fucking blows my mind when I think about super ancient civilisations like the Egyptians.

We are closer to the birth of Jesus than the people who built those were. The Akkadians too amaze me. I can't even comprehend that people just like us were sitting around and building cities that far back and all of them are now completely forgotten save a handful of the most notible.
>>
>>961468
>There's no evidence of them being used as tombs
You mean other than the dead guys inside them?
>>
>>959313
>this wut happens when u let africans buld grane silos
>>
>>961552
>dead guys in giza pyramids

oh lawd
>>
Who cares? They were pagan degenerates that worshipped demons and fallen angels.

Also they got BTFO by God, 10 plagues and shit.
>>
>>961528
How do the current dates for the pyramids line up with Noah's flood?
>>
>>961562
nice bait
>>
>>959313
bro, eastern europe had settlements around this time... seriously...
>>
>>961568
nice meme
>>
>>961562
You'd think Pharaoh was smart enough not to chase the Hebrews across the Red Sea.

What an idiot.
>>
>>961559
Yes? They were tombs with dead people inside.
>>
>>961562

Lol! In all seriouness though ancient Egyptian religion was one of the highly moral and righteous. I actually take pity on christfags who trust the ramblings of envious Israelite priests to be legitimate sources.
>>
>>961528
But Jesus wasn't born in 0.
>>
>>961586

Any proof of this?
>>
File: God's Word.jpg (771 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
God's Word.jpg
771 KB, 2560x1600
>>961593
They are burning in hell.
Literally every single Egyptian.

How does that make you feel, neo-pagan LARPer?

Egypt is always mentioned in a bad light in the Bible. Nothing good comes from that place.
>>
>>961598
Egyptian texts state it, its also obvious that they are burial sites, but eventually the robbing was too much of a problem so they got buried in the valley of the kings, which then got robbed.

Most of the time robbers took the bodies.
>>
>>961607
>egyptian texts state it

Please refer me to said proof.

>its obvious

No it really isn't. There's a difference between pyramids used as tombs and those used for other stuff.

No bodies were found, no graves, no nothing. Hell, they don't even know who built them.
>>
>>961603
Oh you... We get it. You want to make Evangelical Christians appear retarded. It was funny the first time. You may stop shitposting now. ;)
>>
>>961620
>get wrecked
>"waaahhhhh you are just trolling!"

Aaaand I win, since you have no arguments left.
>>
>>961603
>Nothing good comes from that place.
>The Ten Commandments, eight of them at least, were taken from the Egyptian Principles of Ma’at written at least 2000 years earlier.

https://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/42-principles-of-maat-2000-years-before-ten-commandments/
>>
>>959453
What's this? And what were they building in Europe?
>>
>>961626
THE 42 COMMANDMENTS OF ANCIENT EGYPT
I. Thou shalt not kill, nor bid anyone kill.
II. Thou shalt not commit adultery or rape.
III. Thou shalt not avenge thyself nor burn with rage.
IV. Thou shalt not cause terror.
V. Thou shalt not assault anyone nor cause anyone pain.
VI. Thou shalt not cause misery.
VII. Thou shalt not do any harm to man or to animals.
VIII. Thou shalt not cause the shedding of tears.
IX. Thou shalt not wrong the people nor bear them any evil intent.
X. Thou shalt not steal nor take that which does not belong to you.
XI. Thou shalt not take more than thy fair share of food.
XII. Thou shalt not damage the crops, the fields, or the trees.
XIII. Thou shalt not deprive anyone of what is rightfully theirs.
XIV. Thou shalt not bear false witness, nor support false allegations.
XV. Thou shalt not lie, nor speak falsely to the hurt of another.
XVI. Thou shalt not use fiery words nor stir up any strife.
XVII. Thou shalt not speak or act deceitfully to the hurt of another.
XVIII. Thou shalt not speak scornfully against others.
XIX. Thou shalt not eavesdrop.
XX. Thou shalt not ignore the truth or words of righteousness.
>>
>>961617
What were the "tombs" used for then?
>>
>>961632
XXI. Thou shalt not judge anyone hastily or harshly.
XXII. Thou shalt not disrespect sacred places.
XXIII. Thou shalt cause no wrong to be done to any workers or prisoners.
XXIV. Thou shalt not be angry without good reason.
XXV. Thou shalt not hinder the flow of running water.
XXVI. Thou shalt not waste the running water.
XXVII. Thou shalt not pollute the water or the land.
XXVIII. Thou shalt not take God’s name in vain.
XXIX. Thou shalt not despise nor anger God.
XXX. Thou shalt not steal from God.
XXXI. Thou shalt not give excessive offerings nor less than what is due.
XXXII. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.
XXXIII. Thou shalt not steal from nor disrespect the dead.
XXXIV. Thou shalt remember and observe the appointed holy days.
XXXV. Thou shalt not hold back the offerings due God.
XXXVI. Thou shalt not interfere with sacred rites.
XXXVII. Thou shalt not slaughter with evil intent any sacred animals.
XXXVIII. Thou shalt not act with guile or insolence.
XXXIX. Thou shalt not be unduly proud nor act with arrogance.
XL. Thou shalt not magnify your condition beyond what is appropriate.
XLI. Thou shalt do no less than your daily obligations require.
XLII. Thou shalt obey the law and commit no treason.
>>
>>961617
>muh aliums
>>
>>961634

No one knows, there are a few theories around for what they pyramids were for but no one really knows.

>>961639

Huh?
>>
>>961632
>>961636

Nice bait, but you can't fool anyone here.

The law was given to Moses on mt. Sinai
>>
>>961636
B-but the Egyptians were evil because Rabbi Moses Mordecai Scheckelberg said so.
>>
>>961643
Nice impersonation of a Zika-stricken mongoloid. You may stop now.
>>
>>961648
>what everyone knew for 2000 years is wrong
>cuz i say so

Stay buttblasted, you cultural marxist piece of shit.

>>961644
They are evil because they worshipped Horus (the eye on dollar bill) aka Antichrist.

Baal and Semiramis from Babylon became
Osiris and Isis in Egypt.

It's all connected.

Satan controlled the world through pagan esoteric Luciferian cults.
>>
>>961653
>THEY DON'T WORSHIP THE SAME GOD AS ME THEY MUST BE EVIL AND WORSHIP SATAN!
>>
>>961641
there's a fuking sarcophagus in the great pyramid of giza in the so called kings chamber
>>
>>961662
>I have never read "Behold A Pale Horse" by Bill Cooper

>I have no clue about the vast deceptions and conspiracies that are happening

Fun fact, the elite that control the world agree with the ancient Egyptians and Babylonians. They hate Jesus and the God of the Bible.
>>
File: Average_Christian.jpg (25 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
Average_Christian.jpg
25 KB, 500x273
>>961653
Oh, you too funny! Stop with the Christian bashing though. I mean not EVERY Christian is like that you silly biggot!
>>
>>961666
>666
ahahhhaah
>>
File: kings chamber.jpg (25 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
kings chamber.jpg
25 KB, 640x408
>>961663

This is what they found.

Is this supposed to be undeniable proof that the pyramid was a grave?
>>
>>959694
>pyramids
>overrated
The great pyramid of Giza was the tallest building in the world for 3,800 years.
>>
>>961678
What do you believe it is for?
>>
>>961678
Quit playing devils advocate, you know full well they were for dead Pharaohs.
>>
>>961679
Wrong.

The Tower of Babel was.
>>
>>961684

I have no idea, it's impossible to judge based on just that one box.

>>961685
>you know full well they were for dead Pharaohs.

One would think there would be evidence for this, how can you possibly make a claim like this otherwise?
>>
>>961691
>One would think there would be evidence for this, how can you possibly make a claim like this otherwise?
Any evidence given to you will be dismissed as invalid or not sufficient so why bother.
But here
Google 16 reasons why the pyramids were tombs, link is blocked here
>>
>>961698

Again, no evidence, only claims.

Do you have anything that proves that the pyramids were graves? A box in one room in the pyramid is not proof.
>>
>>961691
>>961706
>hundreds of years of egiptology
>only claims hurrr
sorry but stop trolling or get an education on how science works
>>
>>961714

The same egyptologists who refuse anything that doesn't fit their narrative?

It's global warming/climate change/whatever other name used for this hoax all over again.
>>
File: janas.jpg (147 KB, 960x637) Image search: [Google]
janas.jpg
147 KB, 960x637
>>961631
It's a "domu de janas" or house of the faires, a typical neolithic/copper age necropolis in Sardinia, there are over 2,000 of them in the island.
>>
>>961632
>>961636
tfw Ancient Egyptian morals from 4,000 years ago are more reasonable and compassionate than modern Egyptian "ethics" AKA the Sharia law.
>>
>>961742
>tfw Ancient Egyptian morals from 4,000 years ago are more reasonable and compassionate than most ethics around the world
>>
>>961636
>XXVIII. Thou shalt not take God’s name in vain.
Did they mean all gods, or was this a time where they were monotheistic?
>>
File: 1459236365326.jpg (42 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1459236365326.jpg
42 KB, 600x1067
It really depresses me that this thread is actually a marked improvement over what Egypt threads used to be.
>>
>>961565
The pyramids were made after the flood.

>m-muh dating
Radiometric dating is unreliable. It implies that radioactive levels have always remained constant.
>>
>>963604

Radiometric dating is unreliable but garbage written by goatherders is rock solid?
>>
>>959313

>So why did they make them? In Europe and in most of the world, people were just hunter-gatherers with no signs of civilisation. But in the desert, a group of people almost 5000 years ago decided to pile some rocks together.

My understanding of Ancient Egyptian culture was that it was a semi-theocracy. The pharaoh was a living god that maintained his power through a huge group of clerics and priests. The massive slave economy of Egypt also kind of helped. I also remember that the bulding of pyramids was a lucrative job oppurtunity for artisans and builders and it was basically like building a temple, the honor attached to building a tomb for a God must have been immense. The architect of teh Giza pyramid was also Khufus vizier, so it wasn't just a simple bureaucratic job.
>>
>>963663

The flood isn't even in the New Testament and more copies of something does not make the information in it more reliable in the sense you are suggesting.
>>
>>961685

The passageways leading up to the "tomb chamber" are crude looking at best, there are no beautiful scripted walls like there are in the valley of the kings, it's clearly not a chamber designed to hold the body of a pharoh. IMO of course
>>
reminder that there's no credible source that enslaved Jews built the pyramids or that any significant amount of Hebrews ever set foot in Egypt
>>
File: 1344305228797.jpg (61 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1344305228797.jpg
61 KB, 500x400
>>961718
>The same egyptologists who refuse anything that doesn't fit their narrative?

do you honestly believe that every single egyptologist got hushed into "their narrative"?
>>
>>963699
you mean, except for the stories that the Jews wrote oh shi-
>>
>>963663
So we can be more certain about the exact words Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul used than we can about the words Homer, Aristophanes, and Euripides used.
>>
>>963604
I agree
>>
Are there actual hard Christians in this thread? Ones that don't take the Bible for being mainly metaphor?
>>
>>961632
>III. Thou shalt not avenge thyself nor burn with rage.
>VI. Thou shalt not cause misery.
>VIII. Thou shalt not cause the shedding of tears.
>XIV. Thou shalt not bear false witness, nor support false allegations.
>XV. Thou shalt not lie, nor speak falsely to the hurt of another.
>XVI. Thou shalt not use fiery words nor stir up any strife.
>XVII. Thou shalt not speak or act deceitfully to the hurt of another.
>XVIII. Thou shalt not speak scornfully against others.
>XXI. Thou shalt not judge anyone hastily or harshly.
>XXIV. Thou shalt not be angry without good reason.

So 4chan is pretty much out
>>
File: dredd.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
dredd.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>963783
It's just trolls trolling trolls.
>>
File: m'lady.gif (6 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.gif
6 KB, 255x255
>>959313
>BCE
>>
>>963663
Why was this deleted?
>>
File: rage.gif (41 KB, 518x150) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
41 KB, 518x150
Am I the only one who is afraid ISIS is going to blow up the Sphinx and pyramids? They are already destroying the pre-Islamic historical sites in territories they control.

>mfw I will never get to see the Pyramids, Sphinx, Hagia Sophia, or the assume site of Illium because the middle east is forever in a state of civil war or plain ol war.
>>
>>961706

I respect the desire to be thorough and evidence-driven, but most of ancient history is based almost entirely on 'claims' and the narrow piecing together of scant evidence. It's pretty damn rare you get an archaeological find that's basically "here's the complete explanation of how x worked and why"

You're correct that it isn't a certainty and based off of claims by egyptologists. I'm no expert but I googled it and this guy summarizes why it's assumed so:
http://garryshawegypt.blogspot.ca/2014/11/16-reasons-why-egypts-pyramids-were.html

As with vast amounts of history - it's our best guess. That's the way it is for tons of shit. Absolute certainty isn't really a major feature of studying ancient history.
>>
>>964147
If you want to see those, do it now. Egypt is doing well and tourism is cheap nowadays. Turkey has some attacks, but if you just sprint everywhere yelling "La ilaha, la ilaha", you'll be fine.
>>
>>961527
This, they were built sometime in the 7000s by the Hwan as nerve stapling arrays
>>
>>963604
wouldn't we be able to measure the change in radioactivity over time you twat
>>
>>961528
Yeshua of Nazareth, to the best of contemporary accounts (40 fucking years after he died, at the earliest) was born 4BCE.
>>
>>961528
this.
Fuck the faggots who wanna use BCE just to disrespect Jesus.
>>
>>959313
Ayy lmao
>>
>>964106
>>961528
Christcucks really are the worst cancer on /his/.
>>
>>965097
Only reason why I've started using BCE is because of all the tippers for jesus that it triggers.
>>
>>961624

It's pretty useless to provide a counter argument to "how does it feel that I believe the thing I believe?"
>>
>>965118
I'll use BCE in very thread as of now because Christcucks are ISIS tier sulfuric acid, except more cucked.

See >>961603
>>
>>961653

Does it bother you that if you have a daughter she is going to go out of her way to let satanists have their way with her just to piss off her shitty dad?
>>
Did Romans ever see the pyramids
>>
>>961718
>The same egyptologists who refuse anything that doesn't fit their narrative?
you seem to refuse anything that does not fit your narrative
the precursor of egyptian pyramids are egyptian mastabas, stone building that served as the tombs of the first rulers of egypt
each generation of paraohs competed to outdo their ancestors into having the most impressive tomb (since it would be the place from which they would transcend into the afterlife) which initiated an arms race that culminated in the great pyramid of giza, they did not simply pop out of the desert nor did the egyptian just went straight into building the sphinx and the great pyramid upon settling next to the nile
>>
>>965172
>You must be 18yo or older to enter this site, Sorry
>>
And now we live in a culture with no gods, no nature and we can't even see the stars at night due to light pollution. Best of all we really think we've progressed because we have McDonald's and iPhones. Yippee.
>>
>>965309
I dearly wish I had a time machine that could magically zap every one of you smug hypocritical retards into the distant past.
>>
>>965309
>Im a hippy faggot cuck who self sucks so i can drink my own cum as an all Natural cock extension mixture... FUCK ITS NOT WORKING!!!!!!
>>
>>961666
I would love Behold A Pale Horse to be real, ice ages are far less damaging to the environment than global warming.
>>
>>961983
They were for a few years but God probably refers to the Pharaoh.
>>
>>965224
>>964184
It is possible that the pyramids were tombs but they would unique in having no decorated hallways to speak of. Even the mastabas mentioned before have decorative hieroglyphics all along the walls. And there's the matter that we've never found bodies, of course. There's not so much evidence that we can conclude that they were tombs without being open to other possibilities
>>
>>961576
They also waged battles that reached in the thousands of men.
>>
>>959331
what if

the first pharaohs wanted to have cool tombs for posterity but got people to go along with it because of the godhood angle
>>
>>959339
wow he's a retard wow
>>
>>961686
lol
>>
>>965021
such a travesty
>>
>>959330
Those fucking furfags were behind this
>>
>>965309
just move to the country retard no one cares You are not being smart or cool by parroting the same shit every counter culture hipster or old dude says
>>
>>959330
That's clearly Arabic manuscript and not Egyptian hieroglyphs
>>
>>961678
That's the remains of the control panel used by ancient Finno-astronauts to fly the pyramids
>>
>>966518
>Finno
>not negus
U b a rayciss or sumthing?
>>
>>966545
Negroes obviously found the remains of Finnish Empire starships after the hyperwar and re-purposed them into tombs.
>>
File: Finn.jpg (348 KB, 2550x1083) Image search: [Google]
Finn.jpg
348 KB, 2550x1083
>>966550
Ain't no white cracka be a Finn. Pic related what a real Finn astronaut looked like.
>>
>>965309
I'm just as jaded as you but honestly if you can't enjoy McNuggets and fries just get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1459343280009.jpg (44 KB, 331x473) Image search: [Google]
1459343280009.jpg
44 KB, 331x473
>>959313
There's a problem with the OP.

Believe me, 2600 BC was not old at all. Let's see how old it really is.

At the time of the pyramids, the Indus Valley was emerging in modern Pakistan. In Mesopotamia, the City-state of Ebla controlled about half of modern Syria. The Old Kingdom of Egypt began in 2686 BC.

Elam was founded in 2900 BC, 300 years before the Pyramids.
By 3000 BC, Sumeria was already flourishing, but it was not the beginning of Civilization, not even close. However, these city-states had impressive monuments not unlike the Egyptians. Egypt was united in 3100 BC.

The Civilization of Norte Chico in Modern Peru was founded in 3200 BC. Ur was founded in 3800 BC.

Uruk was founded in 4300 BC. This was the first city to house tens of thousands.

Eridu was the first city ever. It was founded around 5300 BC. Now that is really fucking old. But it's not the first sign of civilization.Not yet.

The Ublaid period of Mesopotamia, not far off from fully fledged civilization, began in 6000 BC. The Area that would become Damascus had been occupied since 6300 BC.

A village that would become Byblos began as early as 8800 BC.

There is a site in modern Turkey known as Göbekli Tepe. Needless to say. it is O-L-D. It could in fact be as ancient as 9100 BC at it's foundation.

Agriculture began in the Fertile Crescent around 11,000 BC.

Obviously, shit's about to get controversial after this point. Prepare your anus.

The Sphinx. You fucking heard me. It's not proven 100%, obviously, but according to Geological surveys, the Sphinx could've been made as distant as 12,000 BC. Apparently the traditional dating of 2500 BC was just a restoration. Some people think there was an even older Egypt. Maybe they fought in the Finno-Korean Hyperwar.

Gunung Padang, a megalith in Indonesia, has been dated to be built around 20,000 BC. That's impossibly old. Conspiracies galore.

Pic unrelated

cont.
>>
>>966374
The Pharaohs were just as much slaves to the system as anyone else. They couldn't be gluttons or lustful or generally act human. They had to act godly. And the best means of lying is to believe your own lie. I think most Pharaohs genuinely believed they would ascend to godhood. Why wouldn't they? It's a nice thought. Billions of people believe it today.
>>
>>966837
cont.
One more thing, but I'm not sure what to make of it. There's apparently an ancient city in South Africa that supposedly 200,000 years old. It's known as ENKI. There's still clear ruins of it, but there isn't much commotion over it, so it's suspicious. But it does prove that after all that...
>WE WUZ KANGZ

So the pyramids aren't old at all. What OP should be asking is what the purpose of all these structures are. The Egyptians should be perfectly capable of constructing tombs, which is what the Pyramids are surely for. Maybe they wanted to show off. Kings aren't exactly known for their humility.
>>
>>959756
underrated post
>>
>>959313
>Modern humans hadn't even reached the America's
They did that about 15000 ya

Also wtf is your point. We have a very good understanding of the How and Why of these fuckers
>>
>>964147
good luck to blow up the fucking pyramids, it's not like some temple's ruins
>>
>>961581
>tfw no historical accounts of Moses
>>
>>961562

You know what's even more amazing? That Moses talked a Pharoah into letting the ancient Israelis leave.

There is no evidence that the Egyptians ever suffered the ten plagues at any time during their civilization, and they kept VERY METICULOUS RECORDS.

And with the ancient Israelis being an oral tradition, at least up until the Davidic dynasty (it could be earlier), the Torah suddenly gets very, very interesting.

Another note is that the time periods do not sync up. According to the Bible, at least with the popular intepretation of the Ten Plagues, it happened during Ramses II's reign, which was considered one of the Golden Ages of ancient Egypt. So why would ANYONE want to leave Egypt when Ramses was being awesome is beyond me. And we have to consider that the ancient Israelis did not consider dates to be that important. There's an unexplained gap of at least 1000 years, of which the period escapes me for now.

Let's shift the time of the Exodus back a millenium, towards the decline of the Old Kingdom period of ancient Egypt. Now we have a reason for the ancient Israelis to leave Egypt (IT WAS A SHITTY TIME TO BE IN ANCIENT EGYPT THEN) and words alone would have granted the Israelis their freedom.

Studying the history of the Bible is hella fascinating. As is mapping the events in the Book to actual historical events.
>>
>>961581

Possible Mistranslation.

Another possible translation for that phrase is "Sea of Reeds", which implies a marshy place, aka WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU RIDE A CHARIOT OVER THAT.

Whoever was chasing the fleeing Israelis was literally asking to GET FUCKED.
>>
>>961617

Which pyramid was it then? Khufu's, Khafra's or Menakure's?
>>
>>963700

ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT ZAHI HAWASS WAS WRONG?
>>
>>967276
see>>967263
Also no historical evidence of the exodus either as well as David. This is from actual jewish archaeologist. Yes the study of the bible is fascinating but it is not good for historical accounts of reality. It happens to overlap into reality at times yes but it is mostly at a wrong timeline.

The bible is in many ways a collection of many traditions and religions from that region. And some stories are actually shared throughou the world like the flooding. A story which many different cultures around the world has and it is often some angry god punishing man for loosing track of a certain path for humanity.
>>
>>967297

I am aware.

I understand that the first five books of the Torah was written during the Israel-Judan civil war and that a lot of those five books were presumably written to lecture or shame the ancient state of Israel and its kings.

My mind is remarkably hazy on the details. It has been years since I touched the topic.

It is very pleasant to see soneone know his stuff and I'd really like to know more.
>>
>>967318
Yeah when you start to exclude the religious understandings of ancient texts and practices you kinda get a new insight.
All the arguing about the validity (which is an important argument ofc) of religion has steered the focus away from the possible ancient connections people had back then, we only find the ruins of great civilizations and who knows how long civilizations has been around.

I am a subscriber of the idea that we are part of a civilization restart rather than that our timelime is the first. That there might be possibilities of high civilizations before the Ice-Age ended. It is a touchy subject for many though but I do believe that there is about enough evidence to make this claim.
>>
>>966837
The sphinx you're refering to is not the great Sphinx, but one found at the aforementioned Gobekli Tepe, and Gunung Padang has an entirely natural explanation.
>>
>>966888
I can't find a source on Enki which isn't Ancient Aliens type conspiracy stuff, are genuine WE WUZ sites.
>>
>>967357
>but I do believe that there is about enough evidence to make this claim.
Like what?
>>
>>959313
So Native Americans aren't human?
>>
>>961666
>666

Get out
>>
>>965250
C'mon, m8, we all know that most of the visitors are edgy pseudo-intellectual teens who have zero idea about the boards they visit except /b/, /pol/, or /r9k/ and are only here to shitpost, right?
>>
>>959313
>some mammoths and ground sloths were still around in remote places when those went up
Just think about it
>>
File: 1460229280684.jpg (101 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
1460229280684.jpg
101 KB, 625x469
>>967460
He's talking about this, it's not know as Enki though. That's just some anunnaki stuff that people think relates with these stone structures.
>>
>>967730
They hadn't crossed over from Siberia, dumbass. They literally were no humans there, yet.
>>
File: pyramid cast concrete theory.jpg (87 KB, 600x504) Image search: [Google]
pyramid cast concrete theory.jpg
87 KB, 600x504
>>959313
So is the theory of the egyptians actually knowing about using cast concrete the leading theory of how they built these things or has that been debunked?
>>
>>959313
yes they had you utter plum
>In Europe and in most of the world, people were just hunter-gatherers with no signs of civilisation
no they weren't
>>
>>959313
Why do you keep pretending the sky wasn't important to ancient cultures? Or beings that came down from the sky? Or the attempt to ascend into the heavens?
>>
File: calibration_curve_14c.gif (5 KB, 490x352) Image search: [Google]
calibration_curve_14c.gif
5 KB, 490x352
>>963604
>It implies that radioactive levels have always remained constant
no it doesn't
>>
File: v_long.jpg (611 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
v_long.jpg
611 KB, 1000x1000
>>967357
>I am a subscriber of the idea that we are part of a civilization restart rather than that our timelime is the first. That there might be possibilities of high civilizations before the Ice-Age ended. It is a touchy subject for many though but I do believe that there is about enough evidence to make this claim
>>
>>968911
Do you think those plot points came from measurements?
>>
>>961565
Curiously, they show the pyramids being built at or about the time Job and/or Abraham went to Egypt, a few centuries after the Flood.
>>
>>967284
Then you have to answer how the Egyptian army drowned in the Sea of Reeds. Which is a few feet deep.

No, they crossed at Alaqaba, where Solomon's monument is to this day.

And Pharoah chased them because he was not a coward.
>>
>>967297
I wonder what bias people like you bring to the table. You are aware the the Jews have celebrated the Exodus every year for thousands of years, quite literally religiously, yes?
>>
>>967357
When you abandon the truth of the bible, you end up postulating ancient civilizations annihilated by ice ages.
>>
>>968944
Yes. Obviously there are limits (the variation is assumed to be global) but that's what calculated uncertainty is for. It's certainly reliable for rough dating
>>
>>968969
Do you know the name of the men measuring the C14 8,000 years ago?
>>
>>968974
Are you a mong? It's calibrated by measuring the results against other absolute dating methods (in this case dendrochronology).
>>
>>969006
So, no measurements were taken at all, whatsoever.

They're just calculated plot points.

Was it that hard to admit the truth?
>>
>>966559
Das rite
>>
>>969014
>They're just calculated plot points.
Which does not imply they are unreliable. It's like you don't know how maths work.
>>
>>969040
Are assumptions as reliable as observations?
>>
What kind of labor was used to build them?
>>
>>969062
>inb4 manual
>>
>>969065
Slave.
>>
>>969043
>assumptions
They're assumptions in the same way any equation is an assumption. The calibration curve is based on dendrochronological absolute dates (which are reliable). Using these figures and comparing them to C14 dates gives an error, which produces the curve.
>>
>>969043
scientists use dating method all the time, dating methods are used in criminal cases. You can trust dating methods because they are proven by comparing them to other dating methods that have proven consistent in the past. these results are then checked and rechecked until the only way you can get around them is by denying causality.
>>
>>959313
you would be surprised what people can do when they have a goal in mind and work together
>>
>>969062
skilled labor
slaves didn't build Pyramids slaves built storage houses that were used during harvest
>>
File: bosnia_pyramid.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
bosnia_pyramid.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1536
>>959313
Please, the Egyptian "pyramids" horribly fail in comparison to the ultra ancient Finnish hyper-pyramids of Bosnia.
>>
>>969098
can't that thing be easily proven as false, I mean just dig deep enough
>>
>>969116
Please don't feed the memetards with (You)s.
>>
Millinials nowadays find it implausible to think anything beyond the mordern era was close to sophisticated. The fact is our thinking hasn't changed much since then.
>>
>>961678
>Is this supposed to be undeniable proof that the pyramid was a grave
Yes
>>
>>969125
>Millinials
fuck off retard
>>
>>959694
Okay, yeah op needs a spanking, but calling the pyramids overrated is retarded.
>>
>>969098
it's a shame they were activated, truly
>>
>>961636
Warned you about halting the flow of running water bro...
>>
>>959313
never seen a decent image of what they might have looked at after construction
>>
>>969290
Perfectly smoothly sloped, with polished white sides. Possibly a gold plated capstone.
>>
>>961632
Pffff, I kicked Ma'at's ass on three different jobs, first take. He's a pussy.
>>
>>963646
Who wrote the bible and herded goats?
>>
>>969226
Men die for riparian rights.
>>
File: Earth Magnetic Field.jpg (170 KB, 455x441) Image search: [Google]
Earth Magnetic Field.jpg
170 KB, 455x441
>>961468
>Point of intersection of Earth's magnetic field lines.

I may be wrong, but based on my knowledge of magnetism, magnetic field lines are only a pictorial representation of the direction of a magnetic field, they don't actually exist. As far as I'm aware a magnetic field is just that, a field, hence it is continuous within a reference frame of interest.

With this in mind, how then could the pyramids be built on the intersection of two entirely conceptual and almost arbitrary field lines.

Additionally, how could these field lines intersect when the direction of the Earth's magnetic field is essentially constant within the reference frame of interest, that is, the relatively small geographical area that the pyramids were built in.

See pic related, the field lines of the Earth's magnetic field.
>>
>>961528
nice selfie man
>>
>>969541
Pedants who were clearly uninterested in metaphor.
>>
>>959313
>They are Earth-shatteringly old.

Your metaphors are just terrible. Ear-shatteringly terrible.
>>
>>964147
you'd have to nuke the pyramids to get rid of them, they're literally artificial mountains you dumbass.

as for the sphinx, ISIS doesn't control hardly any territory in Egypt, and these monuments make mad dosh (aka closely guarded), so you'd need a considerable amount of very noticeable explosives to make a dent, which wont happen.

Hagia Sophia is a mosque now IIRC, so don't worry about that one
>>
>>972343
The Hagia Sophia was turned into a museum after it was turned into a mosque.
>>
>>972343
>>972450
Actually, Hagia Sofia went from a Christian basilica to a mosque to a museum, with a small prayer room reserved for the museum staff. There was a push from the Greek side to turn the museum back into a church but there was a stronger push from the other side to turn it into a mosque after the Pope acknowledged the Armenian genocide.
>>
>>959313
They built them for tourism.
>>
>>968830
Debunked? It was never even accepted. Its extremely clear to even amateur geologists that theyre carved rocks not poured concrete. Theres cut marks all over them too. Thats just a fanciful theory.
>>
File: Running Out of Memes.jpg (3 MB, 2265x3338) Image search: [Google]
Running Out of Memes.jpg
3 MB, 2265x3338
>>972686
Well meme'd.
>>
>>968964
>>967468
>>967468
>>968927
Not him but the fact that since the Ice age a Land mass the size of North America has been covered up by water does make me believe there might have been something before Sumeria and Egypt.
>>
>>972927
>there is enough evidence
>like what?
>proceed to not post any evidence
>>
File: 1460189635779.png (712 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1460189635779.png
712 KB, 800x450
>>973013
>2016
>no evidence to support the existence of past civilizations
>>
>>959313

>In Europe and in most of the world, people were just hunter-gatherers with no signs of civilisation.

'no'
>
>>
>>959313
>implying they weren't built more around 10,000 BC
stay bluepilled, friend
>>
File: Newgrange.jpg (74 KB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
Newgrange.jpg
74 KB, 922x692
>>959313
I'm about to blow your mind, OP.
>>
File: 1426369822302.jpg (201 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1426369822302.jpg
201 KB, 900x900
>>959313
>BCE
>>
File: 1438024587566.jpg (9 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1438024587566.jpg
9 KB, 413x395
>>959677
>>959313

Native Americans apparently aren't human.
>>
>>961528
This.

Not even a Christcuck, but "BCE" was invented by a Jew and just another way to deracinate Western culture.
>>
>>961603
Troll unmasked. It's certainly not shown in a bad light when Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus take shelter from Herod there.
>>
There is a really good documentary about this. Where the conclusion is that the sphinx is looking on the sky as a warning, when the north star (i think it was) reaches its gaze we humans will succumb yet another time.
Maybe this time more permanently.
>>
>>973281
Well fuck. When will that happen?
>>
I thought I had accidentally gone to /x/ for a while come on guys.
>>
>>973231
Just more prophecy to fulfill:

Hosea 11:1
“When Israel was a child, I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son.
>>
>>973072
Neolithic farmers=/=Europeans
>>
>>973210
>Not even a Christcuck

Yeah ok.
>>
>>961468
>Egyptologists decided that
Oh so the experts of their field decided this. Oh well fuck them then. People who study Ancient Egypt must be wrong.
>>
File: Stonehenge-Green.jpg (148 KB, 533x355) Image search: [Google]
Stonehenge-Green.jpg
148 KB, 533x355
>>961631
>And what were they building in Europe?

Stonehenge and the other megalithic structures across western Europe date from this time. Nothing as grand as a pyramid perhaps, but on the other hand not bad for stateless societies.
>>
>>961607
Why would robbers take the bodies? That one of the few things in a rich tomb that you DON'T want.
>>
>>961631
See
>>973072
>>
File: kheperraatum.png (67 KB, 230x162) Image search: [Google]
kheperraatum.png
67 KB, 230x162
>>961508
This is the true answer, the pyramids are astral projection machines meant to carry the spirit of the pharaoh into the constellation of Orion (Osiris). If judged positively by Osiris, the deceased would be allowed to travel in the sun-ark during the day time as one of the Gods. For a pharaoh this meant all of his subjects would attain immortality as well.

When they realized giant monuments are great targets for looters, they revised their afterlife theories so that a pharaoh could be buried in a hidden cave and still would be able to make the journey to the afterlife as long as the proper rituals were observed.
>>
>>968506
>humans hadn't crossed the Bering Land Bridge 5000 years ago.
This is /his/, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>975164
It's possible they could have piggybacked on micronesian islands or crossed the north atlantic.

Both seem to have less basis than the land bridge but it's good that they challenge it.
>>
>>973638

The neolithic farmers in Europe were not Europeans? Europe had no neolithic farmers? What are you trying to say?
>>
>>974550

Throughout the middle ages, various "medicines" made from ground up Mummy were wildly popular. Also, many of the royal bodies where taken from their elaborate tombs and hidden in the Valley of the Kings during the New Kingdom, when tomb robbing was almost a national sport.
>>
>>974550
>Why would robbers take the bodies?

There are no good reasons, perhaps, but 3000 years leaves a lot of opportunity for dumb reasons.
>>
>>975596
He means they weren't the same people as the Indo-Europeans who came later and who are known as Europeans today.
>>
>>959313
storing grain ofcourse
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.