[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30 year war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 30 years war.jpg (367 KB, 1600x986) Image search: [Google]
30 years war.jpg
367 KB, 1600x986
Which side was more brutal during the 30 year war?
>>
The Spanish.
>>
sweden
>>
File: 1458228776872.jpg (2 MB, 2723x2000) Image search: [Google]
1458228776872.jpg
2 MB, 2723x2000
Catholics have a history of being brutal.

There's nothing Christ-like about the dark Papacy and its satanic inquisitions, crusades and torture.
>>
>>959159
Both sides had catholics though

>>959046
>>959121
do you have any sort though? they were on opposite sides
>>
>>959017
Reading "European Tragedy", Swedes were fucking cunts.
>>
File: 1453922762189.png (638 KB, 687x1043) Image search: [Google]
1453922762189.png
638 KB, 687x1043
>>960318
Always.
>>
>>960409
deluge sucked for you guys. had sweden actually kept its gains in the long term it might have been worth it :^)
>>
>>959159
>There's nothing Christ-like about the dark Papacy and its satanic inquisitions, crusades and torture.
That's probably for the better, Jesus was kind of a pussy. The idea of what Christ wanted was better than what Christ actually wanted.
>>
>>960497
>had sweden actually kept its gains in the long term it might have been worth it
Had Sweden become part of Poland it might have been worth it. :^)

Imagine Baltic Lake.
>>
>>959017

Both sides were as bad as each other, both committed atrocities and the nature of the fighting was brutal
>>
>>960713

Yes, but the Swede was the swinest.
>>
>>960509
>The idea of what Christ wanted was better than what Christ actually wanted.
What did the blood soaked murderer mean by this?
>>
>>960993
yeah those were some fun times.
>>
Swedes desu (although they were the good guys)
>>
was not that any side was more or less brutal, it was that all sides heavily drew upon mercenary companies commanded near-autonomously by their captains.
these companies often paid wages and supplied troops by stripping wherever they happened to be of food, valuables, etc.

but if i'm going to have to be direct, i'd say 'wallenstein'.
>>
The Swedish army was basically just rape and plunder by religious fanatics throughout Europe, to the degree it made other nations look civil.

How do you even fight an enemy whose soldiers believe the battle is already determined, and that there's no point trying to flee since if God have destined you to die in the battle he'll find a way to kill you if you try to escape it? Soldiers who think fleeing from the battle is the same as trying to escape God's justice and questioning his omnipresence and omnipotence?

The Swedish army had bloody War Priests fighting alongside soldiers to raise morale, straight out of a War-hammer game.
>>
>>963094
you're exaggerating things that were pretty normal back then
>>
>>963094

Beating them till France has to came to rescue them.
>>
Protastants deserved to be slaughter.
So I will say that Swedes were the most brutal as they killed inocent catholics. A pity that France betrayed the good guys at the end of the war. The world would be a much better place.
>>
>>959159
>300+ years of existing
>Spanish Inquisition only executed around 2000 people

Keep eating the shit your heretic forefathers shat out that is the Black Legends.
>>
>>963291
>I have no biased view of history whatsoever.
>>
>>963378
The catholics were the good guys period. The protestants were way worse in every possible way,just seeing France's intentions,should give you a clue of what was the protestant true intentions. They just fought for greed and viciousness.
>>
>>960509
>i know better than god
>>
>>959159
Protestants killed more "witches" than all the people killed by the Inquisition.
>>
>>963495
Actually the inquisition was so merciful that people preffered to be judge by them, than local authorities.
>>
>>963378
I don't understand how anything but nationalism can lead you to believe that Protestants weren't the villains in the 30 Years War.
I don't understand how Swedes can be nationalists.
Honestly, I despise Swedes more than any other ethnic group. No other group of people is so proud of their volkisch state and ethnic heritage in such a smarmy, nihilistic, and blindly compulsory way. Not even Jews.
>>
File: sw.jpg (121 KB, 324x737) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
121 KB, 324x737
>>963094
>an enemy whose soldiers believe the battle is already determined, and that there's no point trying to flee since if God have destined you to die in the battle he'll find a way to kill you if you try to escape it? Soldiers who think fleeing from the battle is the same as trying to escape God's justice and questioning his omnipresence and omnipotence?

lol
>>
>>963385
>>963650
Talk shit get hit, Catholics shouldn't have started it.
>>
>>963706
But Protestants started it
>>
>>963706
How did they started it? And if not for France protestantism would be death right now. It was a bunch of creepy and power hungry sociopaths against the force of good and dignity.
>>
File: lutzen.gif (155 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
lutzen.gif
155 KB, 500x308
>>963721
>How did they started it?
By invading protestant lands and demanding they do catholic at the point of a sword.
>>
>>963874
When exactly was this? After Protestant nobles rebelled against divinely authorized, legitimate kings?
>>
>>964059
>divinely authorized, legitimatie kings
Kekked desu lad
>>
>>964094
Not an argument, desu lad
>>
>>964059
>Protestant nobles rebelled against divinely authorized, legitimate kings?
This is the fucking Holy Roman Empire. Rights of the individual states that make the whole matter a lot,
>>
>>963721
>How did they started it?

>So you want to continue building that church you've been building for some years now? Well fuck you I won't allow that
And then Chatolicucks got thrown out of a window for being cunts
>>
>>964114
No they don't
>>
Required reading on the 30 years war?
>>
>>964259
Europe's Tragedy by Peter H. Wilson.
>>
>>964311
This.
>>
>>959159
>Inquistions
Killed relatively few people who would've been killed anyway for treason, mainly hoax by Protestants and their monopoly over media through the printing press.

>Crusades
Defensive response to centuries of Islamic conquests.
>>
>>959159
This comment cannot be more retarded. Catholics were way more merciful than the bunch of sociopaths in protestamt side
>>
Thanks to Swedes protestantism ended up surviving in my homeland. I love them.
>>
>>960509
>Yea the savior of mankind is good and all and imma let you finish but let me give you some suggestions
>>
>>964368
You know there were more Crusades than just the ones to the middle east, right? The Crusades against the Cathars for instance weren't in response to any conquests; they were in response to a single dude getting killed and a whole shitload of people disagreeing with the church.
>>
>>964259
>>964311
The Thirty Years War by C. V. Wedgwood is really good as well.
>>
>>960509
Pretty silly to send your followers everywhere if large parts of the world are unreachable.
>>
File: 1455382263604.png (215 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1455382263604.png
215 KB, 624x352
>>960318
First they hide the history of the Ancient Finns, and then this? Swedes need to be fucking gassed.
>>
>>964579
fuck off retard
>>
>>964582
Swede pls
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.