[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Hitler a good strategist. Or were all if not most of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: thL4R9EE1I.jpg (8 KB, 207x299) Image search: [Google]
thL4R9EE1I.jpg
8 KB, 207x299
Was Hitler a good strategist. Or were all if not most of the Nazi victories achieved because of Hitler's top staff
>>
He was right to support the armored attack through the ardennes in 1940. Other than that I can't think of any other situation where Hitler's Judgement was helpful.
>>
>>956062
He was setting himself up for failure all they way back during his jail time, with that Greater Germany crap.
>>
I hate how paradigm shifts are never accounted for. War changed dramatically during ww2
>>
>>956062

>murder millions of your most productive citizens
>invade everybody at once

Hard to see how those are good strategies.
>>
Germany had early successes because of training and tactics. Hitler gets credit for the training. He knew he wanted to go to war in a few years, so he created his Hitler Youth. A sort of boy scouts for fanatical teenage boys with an emphasis on physical fitness, indoctrination, target shooting, and a complete top down devotion to authority. Once they got old enough he went to war.

The tactics were a bigger deal. That was down to developing combined warfare, use of radio communication, organization of units into ranks that could exploit all these advantages, sudden air superiority, mobile armor, and the infantry to back it all up. Blitzkrieg. That was more due to pre-Nazi Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe officers and their ingenuity. Interestingly a lot of their armored doctrine was based on some innovations by a few Brits that the British army ended up failing to employ.

As far as strategy, Hitler had shit for brains.
>>
>>956062
I don't know. He had a different thought process then the Prussian nobles who made up his staff. Where as his Generals wanted to focus on Moscow, Hitler wanted to take the Caucasus and economically potent regions of Russia. He did make decisions such diverting forces from army group center to Kiev which did lead to the total destruction of soviet forces there but at the same time drained army group center of forces needed for the attack in Moscow. I would say he was a average strategist with up and downs that he couldn't afford.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E8raDPASvq0
>>
>>956147

Hitler was a great leader because he brought them out from the depression and made their economy great.

He knew what military life was like from World War I, but yea, like you said he was never meant to be a strategist.
>>
File: 1446425197580.jpg (134 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1446425197580.jpg
134 KB, 2560x1600
>>956062

Hitler was a great politician, but he was a terrible military strategist.

Demanding that every inch of ground on the eastern front was to be held was the greatest military error of the war. The German army advantage was mobile warfare and they just did not have the numbers to create a solid WWI trench front line like Hitler wanted.
>>
>>958337
>made their economy great.
>>
>>956062
He had no idea how to properly wage war and thought that he would win just because he is an immortal ubermensch.
>>
>>957313
>parasites
just tax them. chill the fuck out adolf.
>>
Hitler never had that much power in the first place. He delegated so much in the end the Reich ran itself.
>>
>>958559
>He had no idea how to properly wage war

He had some idea.

Operation Yellow was conducted the way it was because he went against what the entire command staff wanted and put his foot down. He found Manstein who had the same idea and forced the command staff to accept the plan that Manstein drew up.
>>
>>958337
> Made their economy great
> "I'm going to lend so much money I can and I'm never ever going to pay it back and when shit hits the fan we're going to invade other countries and plunder their banks"
>>
>>958584
Fall Gelb was a success, but mostly due to the fact that the Allies were even more retarded.
It was a huge gamble and if the allies spotted the Panzer groups that were in the Ardennes, then the germans would be in big trouble.
>>
>>958337
This meme again
>>
>>958599
Also, ironically, just because Battle of France was a success, it doomed Germany for the rest of the war, because Hitler thought that he was invincible and the same thing would happen to USSR.
>>
File: 1447232008880.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1447232008880.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>958580
>Hitler never had that much power in the first place
>>
>>957313
>>>/pol/
>>
>>956147
>As far as strategy, Hitler had shit for brains

No he didn't. The invasion of France was forced by him, among other things. He was heavily outnumbered and lost. Everyone has "shit for brains" when they lose, no matter how many good decisions they made.
>>
>>958353
That was from a strategic viewpoint, not a tactical one. He didn't want to get flanked by having holes in his line. You really don't know what you're talking about. Every decision looks bad when you are running low on manpower and material.
>>
>>958580
Most powerful leader in the last 100 years by far.
>>
>>958605
Also not true. It was his generals who were adamant about invading the Soviet Union. Hitler actually listened to his generals most of the time, contrary to public opinion. Most of the times he didn't went pretty well, especially France.
>>
First off >>>/pol/

Second off, hitler as a terrible military tactician, he was a terrible person who was a good politician.

What made Germany powerful was good military technology and generals like Rommel
>>
>>958649
>Rom(e)mel
>>
>>958649
>What made Germany powerful was good military technology

Yeah, theirs was inferior until late in the war. They were outgunned and still winning early on.
>>
>>958653
It's 2 am give me a break
>>
>>958649
>Rommel
You mean the guy who lost every major campaign he was in command of?
>also pol boogeyman for asking a /his/ related question
kill yourself
>>
>>958668
Hitler bullshit is played out. The only people who give a shit about him are either old WWII philes or /pol/ tier autists.
>>
>>958676
>i alone dictate the history that should be discussed on a history board
You sound an awful lot like Hitler
>>
>>958680
I'm not dictating, I'm just pissed a thread I was in on baathism got deleted but this thread remained. I'm frankly tired of hitler discussion on 4chan. It's literally been non stop for 8 years
>>
>>958690
Okay you're not dictating what should be discussed or not, you are however a whiny little cunt, fair enough?
>>
>>958690
>I'm frankly tired of hitler discussion on 4chan. It's literally been non stop for 8 years

This. Seven years here.
>>
>>958696
Check the catalog and discuss something you're interested in rather than sperg out. You accomplish nothing here but rage
>>
>>958700
That was my first post in the thread, just mentioning that the sentiment was shared.
>>
>>958702
And yet you remained in this thread after the fact. I'm just saying, you are here for nothing more than to complain, leave find an interesting thread and engage in discussion which appeals to you rather than remain here and rage, why torture yourself?
>>
>>958706
>why torture yourself?

Why do you care?
>>
>>958711
Why do you remain here is the better question?

Me? I'm here to see and possibly engage in the discussion relating to this thread if it suits me.

So i ask again, why are you here?
>>
>>958714
In a single thread, someone mentions that Hitler has been been discussed for years and is a bit boring, I agree, you feel the need to be defensive.
>>
>>958719
I'm actually trying to help you out here anon. You obviously aren't interested in the discussion pertaining to this thread but you just can't help yourself and remain here arguing with me and shitting up the thread with your useless garbage when you could just leave and find an interesting thread. Is there something else bothering you?
>>
>>958720
>/his/ doesn't have a good memory and Hitler threads aren't daily.
>>
>>958722
So, leave? Or at the very least for christ's sake just admit you like to rage, you know it's true otherwise you would have been long gone.
>>
>>958727
Nah, triggered hitleraboo's are amusing, tbqh I don't rage.
>>
>>958732
>I don't rage.
Sure my friend i believe you. And if you're implying i'm some sort of stormfag or naziboo, i'm not, so you can throw that argument right out the window
>>
File: German Jewish Soldier's grave.jpg (121 KB, 1581x890) Image search: [Google]
German Jewish Soldier's grave.jpg
121 KB, 1581x890
>>957313
ungrateful cunt
>>
File: TCLaugh.jpg (26 KB, 313x255) Image search: [Google]
TCLaugh.jpg
26 KB, 313x255
>>956111
>>murder millions of your most productive citizens

Productive Jews...
>>
>>958635
>splits army in half to capture stalingrad, loses war
>does not have shit for brains
>>
File: 1460159974921.gif (285 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1460159974921.gif
285 KB, 300x100
>>958737
>>958732
>>958727
>>958722
>>958720
>>958719
>>958714
>>958711
>>958706
>>958702
>>958700
>>958696
>>958694
>>958690
>>958680
"All of mankind's problems come from his inability to sit quietly in a room alone. "
>>
>>958803
You dont become become the most succesfull and hated race in the world by being unproductive
>>
>>958803
Most of the best Allied scientists were Jewish refugees fleeing from the Nazis.
>>
>>958818

>jewish
>a race

wew
>>
>>958976
> were refugees

Thus we must take in millions of them now!
>>
>>958990
Jews are a race, why do you think whenever they talk freely about "white people" as a different race? they don't consider themselves white for they are jewish
>>
>>958996
So are christians a race too?
>>
>>958996

You can't identify as another race. It's irrelevant what jews consider themselves to be, when they aren't. Also "white" isn't a race either.
>>
>>958990
I hope you are trolling

But in case you arent jew is actually a denotation for both the race and the religion
>>
>>959005
>>959008
No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

>The Jews, also known as the Jewish people, are an ethnoreligious group originating from the Israelites, or Hebrews, of the Ancient Near East

>Jewish ethnicity, nationhood and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism
>>
>>959005
What do you think
>>
File: a53.jpg (32 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
a53.jpg
32 KB, 500x333
>>959019
>/his is not /pol and a high level of discourse is expected
>>
>>959015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_ethnic_divisions

>"Jewish ethnic divisions refers to a number of distinctive communities within the world's ethnically Jewish population. Although considered one single self-identifying ethnicity, there are distinctive ethnic divisions among Jews, most of which are primarily the result of geographic branching from an originating Israelite population, mixing with local populations, and subsequent independent evolutions.[1][2]"

>Although considered one single self-identifying ethnicity
>single self-identifying ethnicity
>self-identifying ethnicity

Jews are morons if they really think they are some unified genetic race.
>>
>>959027
>Jews are morons

Oh vey!
>>
>>957313
I bet you are a very productive citizen, anon
>>
>>959005
It's different. You can get into Israel even if you are an atheist ... as long as you have Jewish blood. Why are their rules racial, if they aren't a race? You can even become a Christian; if your mother is Jewish, you still are too.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.