[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Isabella more famous than Ferdinand? She's appeared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: isabella coustume.jpg (272 KB, 958x1440) Image search: [Google]
isabella coustume.jpg
272 KB, 958x1440
Why is Isabella more famous than Ferdinand?

She's appeared in countless books, movies, tv shows, and video games. Half of Latin America and Spain is named after her.

And Ferdinand is rarely mentioned even though it looks like he was more involved in European conflicts than his wife.
>>
File: 41rltaSF7JL.jpg (29 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
41rltaSF7JL.jpg
29 KB, 333x500
Ferdinand is the model of The Prince of Niccolò Machiavelli

not enough for you ?
>>
>>955603
>countless video games
...really? beyond historical strategy games?
>>
>>955603
Because she held more power than Ferdinand.
>>
>>955603

>Half of Latin America and Spain is named after her.
But thats not even true...
>>
She was queen of Castille, the larger and more important kingdom.
>>
>>955603
She was pretty based, to be honest. Had a noble executed and refused to take a massive bribe to not kill him. She also ignored advice to take his family's wealth after the fact. She had Columbus imprisoned for his treatment of the natives of Hispaniola, but Ferdinand set him free.
>>
>>958860

Plus look at those tits man.
>>
>>958934
People like you should genuinely be imprisoned
>>
>>958936
No seriously look at her tits
>>
>>958960
Kek
>>
File: 1448498648807.png (120 KB, 340x351) Image search: [Google]
1448498648807.png
120 KB, 340x351
>>958936
As opposed to ingenuine imprisonment?
>>
>>958936
Only thing criminal are those tits, she would cause traffic accidents if she wore em like that in public.
>>
>>959001
Of course. If we're going to imprison someone, it has to be in absolute freedom.
>>
>>958860
>implying she didn't imprison Columbus for being a foreigner who stumbled upon the biggest game changer in modern European history

Columbus was the victim of a smear campaign by jealous Spaniards who couldn't handle taking orders from some autistic wop
>>
File: catherine_civrev_sexy.jpg (51 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
catherine_civrev_sexy.jpg
51 KB, 600x300
This is now a historical tits thread.
>>
>>959010
>tfw you get distracted by the queen making a speech and crash your horse-drawn carriage
>>
>>955603
>Why is Isabella more famous than Ferdinand?
Because empowered Kings are a dime a dozen, empowered queens are rarer.
>>
>>956088
I thought that was Cesare Borgia
>>
>>959398
Him too. Machiavelli wasn't inspired by a single individual, he commends different people for different aspects of their work.
>>
>>959207

Were any female monarchs renowned for having large breasts? I mean, just as part of their description?

I tried Googling things like "most stacked historical figures" but the results weren't as I'd hoped.
>>
Why is Theodora more famous than the 6 or 7 other Eastern Roman Emperors that achieved substantially more while she just rode on Justinians coattails? Why do more people know about Hannibal than they guy who was objectively better than him in every way a la Scipio Africanus? Why do people only know about Gaius Julius and Nero, but have no idea who Trajan, Marcus Aurelius, Domitian, etc.
>>
>>959532
>who was objectively better than him in every way a la Scipio Africanus

Hannibal marching over the alps > scipio
>>
>>959546
>cross the Alps
>lose many strategic assets
>win insignificant victories over retard-tier "generals"
>go back home
>get dealt a crushing defeat on your own turf that eventually leads to the razing of your capital city and subsequent genocide of your entire people

Yeah Hannibal was pretty good, you're right
>>
>>959564
You forgot the part when he was forced into a guerrilla war and pinned away from Rome by Fabius Maximus.
>>
>>959421
Who would dare record that kind of information?
>>
>>955603
Cause she was Castilian....the biggest, strongest Kingdom in Spain and also where most of the Conquistadors came from.
>>
>>959605
their tailors?
>>
>>955603
A)She was a woman,something not as common.
B) She is part of columbus story
C)Her kingdom was way more relevant and powerful than her husband's
D)Reconquista
E)Inquisition.
>>
>>959398
The difference is that Ferdinand was 100% succesful while Borgia failed. Machiaveli was inspired by multiple historical figures,not just those 2.
>>
>>959532
>Scipio better than Hannibal.
>>
>>959613
>you will never find the lost scrolls that reveal every female leader's three sizes
>>
>>959421
>Were any female monarchs renowned for having large breasts?

No, and to be completely honest you shouldn't set your expectations very high. Breast size has been increasing, historically, as proper nutrition and growth hormones become more abundant in our diets.
The 99th percentile of bustiness 100 years ago would probably be quite pitiful compared to their equivalents now.
>>
>>959605

Historians who wrote without publishing at the time.

It's like... People spread rumours about Catherine the Great dying via horse sex, yet no one ever mentioned how big her breasts were?

Is this just because bra sizes weren't a thing and so it wasn't easy to quantify how big they were? Or just that breasts weren't nearly as fetishized?
>>
>>959647
That, plus they were always wearing dresses that exaggerated them in public so it was hard to tell anyway.
Men are bad at eyeballing breast size today. Imagine one trying to do it hundreds of years ago with no education and the Queen is wearing a corset.
>>
File: images-4.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>959398

That's what the song said.

You like him I've gone off him
His pretty face makes me wince
You killed him!
Yeah I'm the model for
Machiavelli's Prince
>>
>>956146
I think OP means that it's a very popular name.
>>
>>959605
I would.
>>
File: dido_declares_war_original.jpg (180 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
dido_declares_war_original.jpg
180 KB, 1680x1050
>>959207

>eclaring war makes her nipples erect
>>
>>959885
>referring to men as an outgroup
c-constantinople?
>>
>>960378
That hot slut!
>>
Let's be honest senpaitachi, like with a lot of historical figures, her fame is overbloated because she is a female. Not saying that she wasn't influential, not saying she wasn't a great ruler but due to the lack of powerful female historical figures we like to latch on to the few.
>>
>>955603
>even though it looks like he was more involved in European conflicts
And she was more involved with European peace. The better leader of the two.
>>
>>955603
Ferdinand wasn't very charismatic, so history ignored him. You have to earn your way into the history books.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.