[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>in English class >teacher explaining objectivity vs subjectivity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 640x1136
>in English class
>teacher explaining objectivity vs subjectivity
>subjective is like what you think you yourself
>subjective is like what I think of you
>objective would be what everyone thinks of you

Is he right?
>>
not really
>>
She is right though
>>
>>954975
Subjective means opinions, feelings, philosophy.
Objective means science, logic, math.
>>
>>954975
Your teacher overthinks simple things.
>>
>>954975
It's somewhat subjective
>>
>>955017
Then what is an objective opinion
>>
>>954975
You are objectively a faggot, OP
>>
>>955017

>science, logic, math

These are all subjective.
>>
>>955165
Don't ask us, we're subjects.
>>
>>955017
Wrong math is subjective to what base you use
>>
>>955259
>this is what women actually believe
>>
>>955207
a redundancy?
>>
>>954975
No

Everyone would include him, and his opinion, as stated by himself, is subjective.
>>
>>955259
You're mum a subject to my dick
>>
>>955352
No it isn't. I disagree with the person you replied to, but you are incorrect that it matters at all what base you are in when performing mathematics.

If you wanted to say something about axioms, then your point might be better made.
>>
Subjectivity refers to the axioms/criteria/opinions that establish the basis for analysis or argument. These are variable from person to person. Objectivity refers to the logical function that one follows from those subjective concepts to conclusions: the same conclusions will always follow from the same premises.

The philosophical debates and various views surrounding this dichotomy have to do with what falls into each category (and therefore how they are defined with respect to concepts, data, and experience).
>>
>>954975
Objective is what you are.

Subjective is what somebody thinks of you.
>>
>>955361
But if objectivity is whats true and my opinion is also part of reality does that mean its objective.
>>
File: fargo.jpg (511 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
511 KB, 1000x1414
>>954975
but
>>
>>954975
Subjective = opinions
Objective = truth
>>
>>954975
No.

>>955017
Pajeet pls
>>
>>954975
subjective- truth relies on one's mind
>penguins are awesome
objective- truth independant of what one thinks
>penguins naturally inhabit the southern hemisphere
>>
>>955537
You're stupid.

The subjective is what one is.

The objective is what one perceives.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.