[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this guy most responsible for the decline of Muslim civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_n0sylca8VE1qbzekto1_500.jpg (74 KB, 471x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0sylca8VE1qbzekto1_500.jpg
74 KB, 471x600
is this guy most responsible for the decline of Muslim civilization and the end of their golden age?
>>
>>954522
That guy saw himself as an Islamic Warrior and his descendants led the Golden Age of Islam in India.

Also his antics drove a lot of scholars from Persia & Iraq into the arms of the newborn Ottoman State.
>>
No, Islam always was and will be a savage barbarian death cult, founded by heretics

Deus Vult
>>
File: le day of retribution face.jpg (163 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
le day of retribution face.jpg
163 KB, 600x399
>>954527
>Can't even use the word "heretic" properly
>>
>>954527
>le desert death cult meme

kek, it's always funny to see fedora-tipping atheists and fedora-tipping christfags morph into each other
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 525x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 525x340
No these guys were
>>
>>954540
>I believe in Meme history
Islam was already a mess before them thanks to the decline of the Abbasids and the conversion of the Turkics.
>>
the crusades were the main cause of the decline of Muslim culture because the patriarchal white supremacist SHITLORDS of christian europe couldn't stand the idea of brown people having any power
>>
>>954526
>That guy saw himself as an Islamic Warrior and his descendants led the Golden Age of Islam in India.

Two things though: he only started painting himself as a ruler of ghazis, and eventually a ghazi himself, as a protracted response to the Ottoman sultan who accused him of being another pagan Mongol. His Mughal descendants also distanced themselves from him and had to draw on older Turkic raider traditions for prestige and legitimacy as either kings or Muslims.

Timur was responsible for directly and indirectly influencing Muslim courtly culture for the next 500 years, but he was however responsible for the decline of Christian civilization in Central Asia.
>>
the islamic 'Golden Age' was also the least islamic period of muslim history. Islam did not even exist until Caliph Abd al-Malik invented it and even then it didn't reject free will until the late 800s. multiple schools of islam survived until around 1300 when islam become solidified permanently as trash. Allah became the puppet master that predestinates everyone.
>>
>>954540
But they never made it to either Islamic centers such as Egypt or Andalusia.
>>
Timur fucked up the Persian-speaking areas of the Islamic world. That alone makes him a major douchewad. The only positive contribution he ever did was extend the life of Constantinople by 50 years.

I've always wondered what would've happened if he hadn't died in his last campaign. He wanted to take on the Ming Dynasty, but I think his luck would run out there. He wouldn't lose, but it'd probably be a bloody stalemate.
>>
>>954540
Most of them converted to Islam in the end. I'd say that's a win.
>>
>>955795
Stop posting. I don't mean ITT, I mean anywhere
>>
>>955820
Not that they needed to, since by then both were already devastated and run into the ground by zealots who dispersed and scattered their traditional urban landscape.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.