[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: theater_masks.png (261 KB, 7859x4820) Image search: [Google]
theater_masks.png
261 KB, 7859x4820
Is this the appropriate board to talk about theater? None of the other boards seemed to fit the bill.

I'm an [spoiler]aspiring[/spoiler] actor who has worked for a couple years. Going back to school in the fall for my MFA. How fucked am I bros?
>>
It's probably better to just move to New York and work for a theater company or move to LA and work in TV shows or movies if you want to be a professional actor. Studying drama at university is better if you want to be a professor.
>>
>>954643
I have interned at a theater company in NY, as well as moved to LA briefly where I was an extra for a few well known shows. The sheer number of people who want to be an actor is terrifying, so I figured that any leg up I could get would be beneficial. Plus, I can always teach if/when I don't "make it".
>>
Hey, man. I love theater and go to acts. I'm from Spain but here there's no muchas tradiciĆ³n to see auditions.
>>
what do you think about durrenmatt? What is the greatest work of schillerian drama?
>>
>>954900
to be fair, the only durrenmatt I have read is The Visit, which I liked. As for Schiller, I saw a production of The Visit, but it didn't really do anything for me. I'm more of a fan of Gogol, The Inspector General is one of my favorites in that dtramaturgical style
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.