[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the 7 year war /his/. Why was France on the losing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: seven_years_war2.jpg (196 KB, 850x644) Image search: [Google]
seven_years_war2.jpg
196 KB, 850x644
Tell me about the 7 year war /his/. Why was France on the losing end of another war?
>>
File: Frederick the great.jpg (766 KB, 1920x1318) Image search: [Google]
Frederick the great.jpg
766 KB, 1920x1318
>>948850
Outnumbered like 50 to 1 in North America

Facing Frederick the Great in Europe

*Funny note: Austria was ruled by an Empress at the time and so was Russia, France was partly ruled by a women too so Frederick called their alliance against him 'The league of the three petticoats'
>>
>>948850
>Facing Frederick the Great in Europe
They were winning.

It was Russia shifting sides that won the war.
>>
>>948868
Italy*
>>
>>948868
Let's be honest that was a logistical matter, any other small state like that would have gotten defeated in one or two battles unlike Frederick who managed to juggle around three enemy armies for a while.
>>
>>948850
The Eternal Anglo attacked them in North America and India distracting them from Europe and Russia had a Prussoboo Czar in the middle of the war
This left the Hasb*urg alone to fight the Prussians and fail
>>
>>948850
Based Maurice de S<xe had whitewashed just how shit tier the french army had become since the glory days of Louis XIV
>>
>>948876
>Here is your official /his/ meme answer
>>
>>948875
I love Fritz as much as the next guy, but Prussia was about to get overrun if not for Russia
>>
>>948893
I think thats what he wanted to say. It was a miracle that prussia hold out for so long, but in the end it was (even with silesia) just a middle large nation and not in the same league with the Big 4
>>
How does France even still exist considering it never won a war?
>>
>>948912
Not only that, but it's the largest country in Western Europe. Why does everyone keep giving them land despite beating them all the time?
>>
>>948912
>>948914
By winning the five major european wars before the Seven Years War and the four major wars following it.
>>
>>948893
>>948909
Yep that pretty much. Prussia had like 2 million inhabitants which was about the same as the Dutch republic, but with like 1/3rd the wealth and natural defenses. Any other country that size would get conquered in one or two battles.
>>
>>948893

this. no wonder its called the "Russian Miracle"
>>
>>948972
>>948893
And thus the germans concluded that starting multi front wars against vastly superior forces will work out every time.
>>
Austria and France underestimated Prussian military proves, UK dominated the colonial warfare and Russia was just sperging around with its massive army and eventually just withdrew allowing Prussia to seize the initiative again
>>
File: indx.png (83 KB, 322x996) Image search: [Google]
indx.png
83 KB, 322x996
>>948864
>Outnumbered like 50 to 1 in North America

Nice exaggeration, it was like 4 to 1
Still impressive they managed to hold a decade
>>
>>949276
Sorry I should Clarify I meant population.

Something in the region of 40.000 Frenchies lived in Canada as opposed to 1-1.5 million in the British colonies. Frenchies were only able to make up for this by the help of native allies and 'gorilla warfare'
>>
It got boring winning every war, so France let this one pass, especially when it meant the humiliation of its strongest continental rival
>>
>>948864
>Facing Frederick the Great in Europe

>implying it's any problem
He cried like a bitch and got depressed. He had everything handed to him all his life. He had inferiority complex towards POLES, fucking Polacks lol.

Why are german leaders such unstable trash? The only one worth mentioning is Bismarck.
>>
>>950341
Go to bed, Maria Theresa, its too late for shitposting
>>
>>950572
But he really was utter trash.
If Russia wasn't so kind to buttfuck Poland, Prussia would be eaten.
>>
>fucking meming shits at uni say "LUL FRANCE LOST THE NAPOLEONIC WARS THEY CAN'T WIN SHIT XD"
>they ignore the fact it was several wars, that's why it's called the napoleonic warS, and they lost at the end
>>
>>950341
>best friend executed
>banished till he inherited pretty much
>father was one of the biggest miserly pricks in europe

I can see why he was depressed
>>
>>950341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
>>950605
>POLAND STRONG
Don't you have toilets to clean?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.