[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time poster; inquiry: Do you guys think world peace and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 192x80) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 192x80
First time poster; inquiry:

Do you guys think world peace and political altruism are attainable goals? What do you think would be required for humanity as a whole to care for each other as much as an individual does itself?

Is it even attainable with human nature being the way that it is?
>>
>>948009
>human nature

Ah, you spooked me
>>
No, Liberalism and Idealism are great modern delusions.

Keep trying though!
>>
>>948026
Ok, lets say that years in the future humanity and robots begin to blue the lines what can be called "Human."

For example, humans begin to use technology to augment themselves, eventually leading to something like a computer chip being "installed" into their brains to damped violent tendencies in criminals and mentally unstable people.

Lets hypothesize that the trend catches on and humanity begins to implant these chips into their young. Eventually leading to cybernetic enhancements and artificial behavior modification becoming common-place.

If humanity rids itself of their "human-like" tendencies, would it be possible then?
>>
>>948058
no, because such a thing will not be 100% implemented.
if you think the majority of the world will accept some government or corporation installing mind control devices into your head, i've got a bridge in manhattan to sell you.
>>
>>948067
Thank you for the perspective.
>>
Attainable, no. Approachable, yes.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.