[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simón Bolívar was a hero or a vilain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Simón Bolívar was a hero or a vilain?
>>
life isn't a book, anon
>>
>>944712
>we wuz threads
>who was x threads
>who was the historical x threads
>meme threads
>>
>>944725
History is a lot of books, anon.
>>
>>944756
i can proudly say that i am responsibe for at least 2 of the "meme threads".
>>
Bolivar was Kanye in our time
>>
>>944712
He was a moron.
>>
>>944712
If you ask people from latin America, they will say yes. Símon is a popular name for kids in Bolivia and other retards who suck Zapatista cock.
>>
>>945246
>from spanish latin America
fix'd
>>
>>945246
>Hero or villain?
>yes
wat
>>
>>944898

>Napoleon-tier military genius
>moron
>>
>>944712
he was a great military commander and a naive politician
>>
I wonder if he told San Martín to fuck off.
>>
>>945539
it was the other way
San Martin didn´t liked him much
>>
Fuck bolivar, that cunt decided to destroy our empire because he felt pity for the niggers and pajeets.
>>
Traitor

t. Spaniard
>>
File: dealwithit.jpg (64 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.jpg
64 KB, 598x800
>>945698
>pajeets
>>
>>944777
He meant a novel.
>>
>>945698
>we wuz emperors
>>
>>944712
I think Bolivian is a pretty cool guy. Eh kicks spainard butt, is a liberal and doesn’t afraid of anything.
>>
File: 1458531728190.jpg (69 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458531728190.jpg
69 KB, 600x450
He failed to make a South American superstate. Thank God.

t. Nationalist
>>
Venezuelan here. The story of Bolivar is something that was taught to me since I was in school, 7, 8 y.o. maybe.

In short. No, he wasn´t a villain, and had a good run for the first years of the independence wars.

But the on his last years, in the process of salvaging Gran Colombia, he became a dictator that established a centralized goverment and didn´t exactly listened to the counsel of the rest of the gov.

There´s a new push by some local historians to portrait Bolivar in a not so favourable light, in a more human fashion, since he gets a rather messianic treatment in here.

So in short, neither a hero nor a villain. But just a guy that wanted to continue the ideas of Miranda in the form of an united nation on America.
>>
>>947066
what's it say
>>
File: El_Chavo_Cast.jpg (18 KB, 408x480) Image search: [Google]
El_Chavo_Cast.jpg
18 KB, 408x480
>>948068
I went to Mexico and I noticed that everyone spoke like El Chavo
>>
File: got the cash.png (2 MB, 1619x885) Image search: [Google]
got the cash.png
2 MB, 1619x885
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.