[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ireland and Bulgaria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: turf-creel-donegal.jpg (50 KB, 650x416) Image search: [Google]
turf-creel-donegal.jpg
50 KB, 650x416
Why do these two countries have such a similar history and fate?
>Land Inhabited for thousands of years BC.
>Both form pretty decent kindgodms for a time before they get dominated by a huge empire (The British and the Ottoman)
>Lots of similar events happening at the same time - 1916 Irish Easter Rising. The 1916 Illindensko-Preobrajensko rising.
>Both suffering famines and crisis at the same time. Become a country at the same time (1937 IRE, 1936 Bulgaria).
>BOth in a very similar position right now. BOth shit.
>People drink and fight a lot.
>Lots of forests and songs.

Why?
>>
>>943636
Ireland is doing pretty good though also I don't know what the irish did with the birts but the bulgarians chimped out and massacred muslims left and right when they got independance.
>>
>>943636
Alright I'll play, but:
>become a country at the same time
>1936 Bulgaria
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>943648
1922 Independence, 1936 no longer a Kingdom, and accepts constitution.
>>
>>943636
>Illindensko-Preobrajensko rising
>1916
>>
>>943636
>BOth shit
In what way? Ireland is pretty high living standards-wise nowadays.
>>
File: Gaelic_clothing_Ireland.jpg (93 KB, 565x600) Image search: [Google]
Gaelic_clothing_Ireland.jpg
93 KB, 565x600
>>943636
Environmental determinism?

That said Ireland wasn't one large kingdom was it? They were organized in clans and walked barefoot like hobbits.
>>
>>943636

>lost of forests ans songs

>>
File: qvicke.gif (2 MB, 1567x991) Image search: [Google]
qvicke.gif
2 MB, 1567x991
>>943701
>>
>>943636
ireland is rich as fuck compared to bulgaria

t. Bulgarian
>>
Ireland is the most pathetic country in European history.
>>
File: irish chiefs.jpg (647 KB, 2588x3072) Image search: [Google]
irish chiefs.jpg
647 KB, 2588x3072
>>943710
splain that, we weren't even a country until the 20th century and not even fully united by then

sounds like anglo arsehurt
>>
>>943726
>Gaelic is a minority language

Okay you're on par with Belarus
>>
>>943710
Rivaled only by Bulgaria?
>>
>>943735
щe лaпaш хyй cкopo вpeмe кypвo
>>
>>943733
kinda happens with centuries of occupation and colonization by foreigners
its currently happening in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland
it happend with the people of Africa

the Ghaelteachts are getting good government support and are expanding though, so a revival of the Irish language could be seen in our lifetimes or the next
>>
>>943681
1903 yeah. But Bulgaria got fucked over in the second balkan war in 1913 and then WWI led to national crysis and famine. But also all the uprisings even after the liberation from Ottoman rule are all too similar to Irish ones.
>>
>>943647
>the bulgarians chimped out and massacred muslims left and right when they got independance
what?
>>
>>943758
yeah m8 it's true there was a genocide of muslims all over the balkans
>>
>>943636
>The 1916 Illindensko-Preobrajensko rising
this is a b8. is this a b8?
>>
File: good.png (664 KB, 967x807) Image search: [Google]
good.png
664 KB, 967x807
>>943760
>>
>>943760
no it isn't. stop writing shit b8s.
>>
>>943746
>kinda happens with centuries of occupation and colonization by foreigners

Even Ukraine is less cucked than you.
>>
File: turk kill.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
turk kill.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>943771
>>
File: turk kill 2.jpg (78 KB, 506x460) Image search: [Google]
turk kill 2.jpg
78 KB, 506x460
>>943771
>>
>>943774
>>943776
what kind of bullshit books you read, m8?
>>
>>943746
Only pathetic people become a cumrag for foreigners like that. Africans included.
>>
>>943782
>he's fucking retarded
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Ottoman_Muslims
>>
>>943743
Oh. Not in terms of having no heritage or national pride. They hhad their time but right now theyre really shit
>>
>>943787
not really, but you are indeed retarded
The link you posted is literally wars against the ottomans, which is not "presecutions" but war, duh
it's not war against "the muslims", but against the ottoman empire (no matter what religion is has). When you quoting shit next time read what you quote.

there's still a lot of muslims peacefully living in Bulgaria. They even fought against the serbs in 1885 and against the ottoman empire in the balkan wars at par with the christians.
>>
>>943806
>In 1912 Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria and Montenegro declared war on the Ottomans. The Ottomans quickly lost territory. According to Geert-Hinrich Ahrens, "the invading armies and Christian insurgents committed a wide range of atrocities upon the Muslim population."[78] In Kosovo and Albania most of the victims were Albanians while in other areas most of the victims were Turks and Pomaks. A large number of Pomaks in the Rhodopes were forcibly converted to Orthodoxy but later allowed to reconvert, most of them did.[79] During this war hundreds of thousands of the Turks and Pomaks fled their villages and became refugees.[80]
>>
>>943774
>>943776
What anti-commie propaganda did you get this from.
> air-planes sprayed poisonous gas
>>
>>943806
It's about what happened during those wars to the civilian population, which got massacred left and right. Muslims were killed en masse. Serbs killed albanians, Bulgarians killed pomaks and turks etc.

We're not talking about how they live today. Nobody gives a shit about them now because they don't cause trouble. I'm just stating the fact that most of them got killed or expelled from the Balkans during the revolutionary wars.
>>
>>943814
>>943806
>>943782
>>943771
WE DIN DO NUFFIN WE WUZ GOOD BOYS
>>
>>943822
but that's valid for every side
what happened to the muslims happened to the christians too
not to mention that happened to the christians 500 years in a row

>>943826
we probably weren't good boys, but we for sure were not savages like you, Mehmed
>>
>>943826
Your books seem really biased Ahmed
>>
>>943829
I didn't say it's not valid for every side. My argument was that you chimped out and massacred muslims, which is a FACT.
>>
>>943787
>Turkish Muslims settled in the Balkans after it was conquered by the Ottoman Empire.
>they got kicked out after 1850's
boo-fucking hoo
brb, let me light a candle for them
>>
>>943839
>which is a FACT
no it isnt.
all "prosecutions" mentioned are during wartime.
I don't see any "prosecution" happened during the peace periods, so you should tip your fez somewhere else, Omar.
>>
>>943783
thus the native britons were cumrags for the saxons and romans, the people before the Celts came the cumrags of the celts, etc.

human history is a never ending tale of such things, fact is the Irish got their independence and you still get buttmad Anglos to this day

>>943772
ukranians are just russians with funny haircuts
>>
>>943844
>>943852
Relax you fucking mouthbreathing moron. The persecutions were against civiliansm, who were killed or expelled, not armed soldiers.
>>
>>943811
>turks and muslims in albania and the balkans
huh, I wonder how they got there
>>
>>943863
>The persecutions were against civiliansm, who were killed or expelled
>during wartime
same thing happened to every christian country on the balkans, with the small detail that it happened for 500 years, during peace periods for stuff like "y u no pay tax for being christian? off with your and your whole village heads then"
Any word about this in your meme book? Post pix
>>
>>943863
Theres always a Mehmed to derail your thread.
Fucking t*rks cant keep their noses out of a thread about actual European countries.
>>
>>943869
>he can't read
autism

>>943876
those were armed conflicts started by balkanians which were put down by the ottoman police

>>943877
where?
>>
>>943881
>those were armed conflicts started by balkanians which were put down by the ottoman police
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batak_massacre

>The number of victims ranges from 1,200 to 7,000
woah, i didn't know the april uprising was even close to 1200 people total, for whole bulgaria

what book you are reading. post cover if you are not too ashamed
>>
>>943881
well considering that the "atrocities" were committed during a war with Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria and Montenegro, how do you think the Turks got there in the first place?
come on now senpai
>>
>>943888
yeah but 2 million muslims were killed or banished from the balkans, it's well recorded

bulgarians chimped out and killed muslims and this is a fact, i'm not biased towards muslims, i don't even like them
>>
>>943881
>where?
here >>943881
>>
>>943896
>i'm not biased towards muslims
>i don't even like them
haha, oh lol good one, m8
>>
>>943896
>but 2 million muslims were killed or banished from the balkans, it's well recorded
what's wrong with this
>>
>>943909
i didn't say anything was wrong with this, that's what the autists assumed lmao
>>
>>943910
when your shitty pictures call them "atrocities" and "oppression", its pretty understandable why they'd be upset considering the Turks ruled over their lands with an iron fist for centuries

calling it a "chimp out" and comparing it to no massacres after Irish independence is retarded as well, since the only sort-of anglos to massacre in Ireland were up north and they already had the siege mentality down
>>
>>943923
there is literally nothing wrong with committing atrocities and oppressing muslims, i'm just saying they HAPPENED, i'm not judging them lmao
>>
>>943940
They were not atrocities.

t. different guy
>>
File: kick.jpg (98 KB, 940x624) Image search: [Google]
kick.jpg
98 KB, 940x624
>>943940
>atrocities
"no"
>>
File: bulgarian germanics.jpg (54 KB, 365x370) Image search: [Google]
bulgarian germanics.jpg
54 KB, 365x370
This is called selective perception, also one major divergence is the fact that Bulgaria proudly joined the axis powers in WW2 while Ireland didn't have the balls for it
>>
>>943743
Haчи идвa тpeд зa нaшaтa cкpoмнa poдинa и ти тyкa ce пpaвиш нa мaймyнa, вмecтo дa ce oпитaш дa ocтpoyмничиш.
Имa cи caйт зa тия кoитo ce oбиждaт oт тoлкoвa тъп кoмeнтap
>>>/tumblr/
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.