[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Caesars ultimate goal? Was it to build a better new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: caesar corn.png (840 KB, 1291x533) Image search: [Google]
caesar corn.png
840 KB, 1291x533
What was Caesars ultimate goal? Was it to build a better new Rome or was he just power hungry?
>>
>What I got
>Maize
Wew.
>>
I'm absolutely laughing my ass off at the absurdity of this image. Anyone with even the faintest knowledge of history would know that the "corn" that Caesar speaks of in Commentaries On The Gallic War is not the corn that we in the west are familiar with, but is rather a poor translation for the word "grain" which in Latin is "Frumentum"

Myself and many others who have read the commentaries would know what you're trying to refer to with your image but it's wrong. Unless of course you were already aware of this and you are posting this ironically. In which case I commend you for your post but it's still blatantly wrong. I would have gone with a collage of images of wheat instead.

7/10
>>
>>943214
Dude, thats the joke.
>>
>>943214
Is this pasta?
>>
Avenge Crassus (muh honour)
Subdue the Parthians
Wasn't he trying to get to conquer far as modern Armenia?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 960x720
>>943214
it's okay anon, the bad memer can't hurt you anymore. If you calm down we will buy you more Lego Ronams. Pretty soon you'll have enough to make two Testudos! Won't that be nice dearie

t. Mommy
>>
>>943262
Modern Armenia would be far from subduing Parthia
>>
>>943269
True but he was looking to take some crazy detour to conquer more shit after the parthians. If hid plan worked, he would have come back in Italy from the north, with the german Vercingetorix chained at his feet too.
>>
>>943262

I thought he was planning to attack Dacia, Rome avoided fighting Parthia like the plague.
>>
>>943285
>this stale meme
Rome started most wars against Parthia. And why would they be scared? The most common result of the war was Ctesiphon razed to the ground.
>>
File: 1446334846682.jpg (52 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
1446334846682.jpg
52 KB, 595x720
>>943214
>>
Ceasar was a bizzaro Sulla
>>
>>943254
Yes young anon, this is pasta.
>>
>>943178
If you read the book "The Roman Revolution" it states that the system of government designed for a city state was woefully inadequate to govern a sprawling empire that it had acquired, not to mention the tiny patrician class held undue power and wealth simply due to the number of plebs and other non citizens expanding so rapidly alongside expansion while their numbers stayed the same. You ended up with people richer than any others in history and dominating all of the quality land leading to unrest.

Caesar merely contributed what Marius and Sulla did in reforming Rome and bolstering the plebs
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-1381-1371742191-7.jpg (116 KB, 625x409) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-1381-1371742191-7.jpg
116 KB, 625x409
>>943240
>thats the joke.

talk about a corny joke
>>
>>943178
to acquire sources of grain and transport it to his troops
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.